[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my "dog friendly" landlords are trying to evict

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0139.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0139.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
So my "dog friendly" landlords are trying to evict me from my apartments because I have a dog that exceeds their 30 pound weight limit by like 20 pounds. I already attempted to pay a pet deposit and even offered to pay more but they won't budge and now either my dog leaves or I do. There are dogs twice his size living in my apartment complex
What do?
>>
In general pit bulls and other "aggressive breeds" are the very reason they have those limits. They don't care about the weight, they care about the breed. If the dog doesn't fall under the specified rules either don't get it or move somewhere where it's allowed. Why is that so hard for people to understand?
>>
File: FreeShrugs.jpg (74KB, 600x856px) Image search: [Google]
FreeShrugs.jpg
74KB, 600x856px
>>2435809
Although there are plenty of laws out there protecting a tenant from the landlord for doing truly fucked up things this particular situation boils down to one thing.

It's the landlord's property. If he doesn't want you on it you have to go. Pointing at your neighbors dog and going "BUT HE HAS ONE WHY CAN'T I?!" isn't going to help. It might be worth sitting down with the landlord and having a civil discussion about it but that's about as much as you can do. If he doesn't want you there, you have to go.
>>
>>2435809
Did you sign something that agreed to no dogs over 30 lbs? or was it later dropped on you? did you know about any weight limit beforehand? Take a look at your contract before you begin to cry foul. Also if you're positive there are bigger dogs living in the apartments, let your landlord know about the other people breaking the rules, and ask why they can go scott free. If it's something where the weight limit wasn't announced anywhere, and they didn't ask to see your pet beforehand, you might have a case but all it would do would compensate you for your time and money spent on the place where you can't live. I've actually seen this happen a lot with slum lords, they will suddenly put up a pet ban, or somehow single out a tenant's animal because they don't like the tenant, and they can evict them and keep the month's rent, 6 months rent, 1 year rent, however much they have to pay upfront AND rent it out to somebody else. But I am assuming that your landlord is not that much of a slumlord.

If it's a breed thing, you can bring the dog to a vet and get them to say it's a boxer/english spaniel mix. The vets really don't give a fuck. I think for the breed to official, you have to get it a rabies vaccine and a license under that breed mix. If that isn't going to fix it, you can go hard core and pretend you're crazy. Go to a therapist, tell them you're a mess without your dog, you'll need the therapist to give you a referral to a psychiatrist who will give you a 'prescription' for a dog. That makes your dog an Emotional Support Animal. All ESAs give you is a clause in the Fair Housing Act. In the FHA, it states that landlords have to attempt to accommodate the ESA animal, IF AND ONLY IF your ESA animal isn't a nuisance.

I've been in a similar boat so I understand what you're going through, It sucks because even though what slumlords do isn't legal, even if you had the money for a lawyer it wouldn't be worth it because you'd still need a place to live
>>
>>2435809
Go buy an emotional support animal thing online and be done with it.
>>
maybe because your dog is a nigger dog.
>>
>>2435842
this tbqh senpai
>>
>>2435809
>>2435842
>>
>>2435825
>>2435809

The therapy thing wouldn't stick because he only got it once the landlord told him to get rid of it, AND because the landlords lease probably states no large dogs over 30lbs.

Plus I don't see a pitbull dindu being a support animal.

As a landlord I would kick you out for pulling that stunt and laugh at you.

If the unit is a house, or is a duplex, or I live on the property in any of the units ESA laws don't apply. And I can tell you to fuck off. And if you have an apartment and you get an ESA, I ask for proof that you have a valid reason that requires an ESA from a licensed practitioner

Besides, he doesn't need you, he can find other tenants who will listen to the lease.
>>
>>2435809
Get rid of the dog?

Honor your lease instead of breaking it?

Don't be a cunt?
>>
>it's only double the weight limit!

lol
>>
File: reformed.jpg (99KB, 573x960px) Image search: [Google]
reformed.jpg
99KB, 573x960px
>>2435868
>Plus I don't see a pitbull dindu being a support animal.

they have them as police dogs which requires a great deal of training and self restraint/obedience so why not?
>>
>>2435885
Oh your right, I didn't realize OP had a highly trained obedient animal trained by the finest trainers.

I wonder where OP got the pit bull

>>2435809
Hey OP where did you get the pit bull, has it been trained since a puppy specifically for law enforcement?
>>
>>2435885
I see the filename says "reformed" and if it's from the articles where pits were rescued.. the police force would never used a rescued and rehabilitated animal as a canine in the field.
Pits as mascots, maybe.
Real police dogs? Nah
>>
>>2435868
I actually know a lady that trains them to be therapy animals which sometimes get adopted out to emotionally disturbed people. And all sorts of people have them as ESA. Anecdotal evidence doesn't go very far.

You can not ask for proof he needs it, that violates the HIPAA, you can only ask for proof that it's an ESA.
>>2435896
That dog was a shelter dog
>>2435922
You can google it, it's a police dog used for police work. Cops use much worse dogs honestly
>>
>>2435923
No it doesn't, the landlord can ask for proof.
>>
>>2435923
Unless you show me real receipts, I will not believe rescued dogs are used as real police dogs.
Police dogs are observed from birth for temperament, health, trainability. A random ass pit does not have the predictability that generations of documented ancestry can provide.
The only thing google told me that sounded plausible was in detection work which is not the schutzhund obedience that people expect when you say "police dog."
>>
>>2435933
Scent work is still police work. Don't act like it was misleading because you're dumb
>>
>the landlord is cool with other dogs and was cool with mine but now isn't
have your bad dog put down.
>>
>>2435927
They can ask for proof that the dog is an ESA which would be a letter from a doctor, they can not ask for the reason someone has an ESA, that violates the HIPAA. At most you will learn that the person has a mental disability and that the dog is expected to mitigate the severity of said disability.
>>
>>2435997
That's what I meant, a doctor has to provide proof that there is truly a real reason to have a ESA

Either way, lying to others to keep an animal you knew you shouldn't have gotten and knew you couldn't have kept is both morally and ethically wrong.

The landlord was kind enough to allow dogs and this asshole take advantage of it and breaks the lease agreement...next tenant after he gets rid of OP probably won't be allowed to have animals.
>>
>>2436044
If you're on 4chan, you have a mental problem. So OP would not be lying. Also you're moving goal posts here. Morality and ethics is useless to argue about because there is no 'right' view on it, it's personal, we can go back and forth on it all day especially since we don't know the situation. It's actually a fallacy, it's called a red herring. OP says many other people are also breaking the rules, so I highly doubt this instance would make him make the apartment no pets.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.