[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /an/ feel about rodeo? >people that don't actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3095.jpg (126KB, 582x740px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3095.jpg
126KB, 582x740px
How does /an/ feel about rodeo?
>people that don't actually know what rodeo is will make an opinion
>>
P.S. Ask someone who tried college rodeo in freshman year anything.
>>
I live in Calgary and there is a big annual rodeo/festival thing here. For me it depends on the specific event. I am okay with stuff like bull riding as the bull is less likely to be injured in that than the guy trying to ride it. Or any of the horse related stuff that isn't harmful to the horses is fine as well.

Events i have problems with:

1. Chuck wagon races. Horses die in this event regularly. It's too dangerous and needs to stop.
2. Calf roping. I don't know the injury rates for this event but there doesn't seem to be any sport to it. It's literally lasso this little baby cow, jump on it from off a horse, full force body slam it on to its back and then tie up its legs. Fucking stupid.
>>
>>2435722
1. The breeding is too dangerous. Chuckwagon racehorses are usually retired OTTB (off the track thoroughbred). The only concern given to the breeding of the thoroughbred in the last century is SPEED. Not endurance or hard feet or anything that would concern a horse's quality of life or that made the thoroughbred a great breed once. OTTB horses can be very finicky and fragile because of this.
2. The sport to it is that it's fucking hard.
It's a timed event. It's a race. The point is to have the calf tied without it breaking loose in the least time possible. I think the world record is somewhere around three seconds.
>Of course it doesn't fucking look hard when you're watching the best pro rodeo cowboys in the world compete at THE Calgary Stampede.
Go to a college rodeo and watch some rookies struggle hard.
>>
>>2435722
There's also a team roping, like the calf roping but with 2 dudes. It isn't done the same but I think it's just as brutal for the calf when they are competing for the best time. Usually a rope around the horns and another at the back legs.

There's bull wrestling which to me just seems boring. The actual horse and bull riding doesn't bother me, what bothers me is the misinformation about it. It makes retards think all cows are these violent assholes. Also did OP just >inb4 ?
>>
>>2435746
Team roping is a lot more humane than calf roping. It's done with grown steers. I'm not even going to defend steer tipping, though.
Steer wrestling is literally roping except without a rope. You have to catch the 500 lbs fucker barehanded off a horse and pin it down clean. Please give it a shot if you think it's easy though.
>>
>>2435745
So what you're saying is the horses are not bred for what you're doing to them, so the breeding is at fault and not the people buying horses not fit for the job and making the horses do what they can't do?
>>
>>2435746
Rodeo fans don't think pro rodeo bucking stock are violent monsters. They're celebrities. They're specially bred animal athletes like a racehorse and they get taken care of well.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SmXJOLgkdUk
>>
>>2435753
>for what you're doing to them
I don't chuck wagon race. This is a serous problem with the Calgary Stampede. But essentially, yes. A couple things OTTB horses CAN be are cheap AND fast.
>>
>>2435756
I'm not talking rodeo fans, im talking the people that hear about it here or there or watch it on tv. I imagine if you pay for a ticket to see something you'll be a little educated on it.
>>
File: IMG_2769.jpg (94KB, 1080x608px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2769.jpg
94KB, 1080x608px
>>2435769
Actually the most common complaint I hear about the rough stock events is people are worried about animal cruelty.
No one wants to ban rodeo because they think it's too dangerous for cowboys. They often think the flank rope is being tied around the bull's testicles to make it buck.
>mfw
>>
>>2435756
My cousin raises bucking bulls professionally in northern Utah. It's really strange to interact with the bulls because they tend to be normal, (mostly) friendly cattle until you put them in the chute. Then they play mind games with the rider until they are let loose
>>
>>2435774
Some bucking animals get amped up in the chutes. Just like racehorses might flip in the starting box.
>imagine even sitting on that motherfucker just in the chute
I can't believe I ever nodded my head. You've got to be a certain type of careless to really stay with bull riding and shit.
>>
>>2435806
Yeah, my cousin got out of riding because he blew out both of his shoulders and had to get them both rebuilt.
I've only rode lower grade bulls primarily used for training; they were enough to teach me that riding isn't my sport.
>the bull lets you get all strapped in then pins you against the chute wall away from the gate, forcing you to decide whether to move your leg out of position or let it get crushed until the chute opens
>>
>>2435833
Jaja
Shit like that is why I got into rodeo. It's shameful that some people call hunting a sport when rodeo matches man and animal at the base level.
>>
I would rather see a man try to ride an oiled pig tbqh. Rodeos are fine though, ok recreational event.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.