[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please help me, /an/. >middle of the night >walking home

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1[1].jpg (27KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1[1].jpg
27KB, 852x480px
Please help me, /an/.

>middle of the night
>walking home
>it's cold and rainy
>suddenly, a cat starts to follow me
>follows me for a mile, all the way to my doorstep
>I walk the cat back to the place I found him
>cat is exhausted, it just lies down and looks helpless
>too soft-hearted to just leave him there
>I let him rest a little, before he follows me back home again
>cat can barely walk up the stairs, but seems otherwise healthy besides the physical exhaustion
>I let him in, but I just give it water and let it crash on the couch
>don't want to usurp some other person's cat, so I don't feed him, to prevent him from feeling too much at home
>local animal protection groups don't open up until morning
>am not allowed by contract to own pets, so I stay awake to prevent the cat from pissing on the floor or worse
>I improvise a litter box out of a cardboard box and torn cardboard as litter
>put on some soothing cat music to put him at ease
>cat falls asleep in my chair
>go to /an/ to ask for help

What do, /an/? The cat is very cuddly, but I can't keep him. He might belong to someone else, and I am not allowed by my landlord to own pets anyways. I want him to be okay, but I don't want him to think I'm his new owner. Is it okay if I let him out to fend for himself once he wakes up, or should I wait until the local animal protection centers open up and contact them? Should I go door to door in the neighborhood I found him in? Should I completely refrain from feeding him?

Pic is not the actual cat, be he kinda looks like the one in the picture.
>>
>>2430413
Wait till a shelter/vet opens. Take him there they can check to see if he has an id chip. If not some dipshit just lost their "pet".

Pro mode:
>take him home
>move to place that allows cats
>adopt your new roommate that won't pay rent but will always be there for you when you get home
>>
>>2430422
Adopting him is not an option, I'm afraid. I love cats, but I simply do not have the means to own one. I travel frequently between two towns, and like I said, I'm not allowed by contract to own pets, and I really like my apartment despite that.

I guess I'll just have to wait until the vet opens. I can't really sleep while he's here. I don't know whether or not he's houseclean, and I'm scared of him causing property damage while I'm sleeping. Since I'm not allowed to own pets, that would probably be pretty bad.
>>
>>2430441
Cats that aren't feral are pretty much automatically house broken. If you've got time run to the store and pick up a cheap bag of litter. If your op pic is the cat in question I gurantee you a kitty that clean would know to use the litter box. Also, give him some food. If you're leaving him at a shelter tomorrow don't let him go hungry.

A cheap, small bag of litter and a cheap, small bag of food shouldn't run you more than 5$ and you can probably give what's left over to the shelter.
>>
Post on Craigslist for a new home. I did that with a cat that followed me a mile home in the middle of the night. She was glued to my side. Scrawny but not exactly emaciated. No collar. Was super fucking chill. At first time tried putting her in the bathroom but she flipped out but once I let her out and chill with me she was fine indoors.

Some young artsy woman came down from NYC and picked her up the next day after I posted her on Craigslist with raving how much of a kickass cat she is.
I've had for updates before and she's happy with the kitty and kitty is still happy.

Might have been someone's pet but fuck outdoor cats and while she wasn't sick, she looked like she had been outside for awhile and was ravenous. I see roadkill cats all the time and I could let her get run over.

Post good things about kitty and say you need to find her a home or foster asap.
>>
>>2430441
Why not shut him in the bathroom for the night? Assuming you have tile floors. He shouldn't spray the walls and any accidents on the floor could be easily cleaned up. Throw a folded up blanket in there with him with food and water, he'll be just fine.
>>
>>2430413
Ever thought of putting a "FOUND CAT" sticker where you found it with a picture?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.