[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got my dog shaved and now it looks like a goofy motherfucker.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1498472906440.jpg (110KB, 630x945px) Image search: [Google]
1498472906440.jpg
110KB, 630x945px
I got my dog shaved and now it looks like a goofy motherfucker. Do dogs experience shame after being shaven or do they not give a shit?
>>
>>2428424
Did you shave a long haired dog so it would be more comfy in the summer?

If yes, im sure the dog won't mind.
>>
>>2428425
well my dog is a mix between a pomeranian and a greek domesticated dog so it's small and pretty fluffy, plus my apartment is full of her hairs especially during summer
>>
Did you shave all the way to the skin?
That can make a dog really uncomfortable
>>
>>2428424
post pic of goofy boy
>>
>>2428424

Who be that in your pic, opie?
>>
>>2428426
>shaving a double coated dog

you fucked up
>>
Dogs are not self aware so they probably dont give a shit unless they feel cold
>>
>>2428424
As long as it's not a dog that has two coats.
>>
>>2428424
http://animatch.ca/blog/why-you-shouldnt-shave-your-double-coated-dog

make him wear shirts too small for you or something so he doesn't get sunburn/flea bites
>>
>>2428673
>>2428437
I didn't shave it, I took it to an expert
>>
>>2428653
Eleftheria Eleftheriou apparently.
>>
>>2428919
In my experience most 'professional' groomers are not true experts at dog grooming, and unfortunately those that actually do know better and could be considered an expert have given up proper dog care because of the 'customer is always right' mentality and dog owners who dont know any better insisting on not learning why their way is wrong.

>>2428426
>>2428673
that being said, while Pomeranians have double layer coats, their hybrids don't neccessarily have them. Our family has had 3 Shi Zu and Pom mixes, not a single one has had the double layer coat despite two of them having had obviously poofy pom fur.

Now this all depends on whatever greek dog this is mixed with has a double coat or not, I don't think they do but a cursory google search is revealing shockingly little and vague infoirmation on the breed's coat. When the front page results all more or less mirror Wiki, that's never a good sign.
>>
File: 20170423_133347.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170423_133347.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
They don't give a shit, all they know is that they're less hot and it feels good.

I live in Florida and have a very shaggy husky mix, so I get her shaved down about twice a year, once in Spring and again during Summer. By the time Fall comes around, her fur is getting long again and I leave it until next Spring.

She HATES the heat lol, she's so lazy when it's hot out. Fortunately she loves water, so she'll lay in the pool when we're at the dog park or jump in a lake when we're on a walk.

Pic is her with long hair enjoying the dog park pool
>>
File: 20170713_102237.jpg (1MB, 1549x1076px) Image search: [Google]
20170713_102237.jpg
1MB, 1549x1076px
>>2429897
Here's her shaved with my other doggo
>>
One of our cats got the lion mane cut. He is a cat who normally would just hang around others and wasn't shy in the slightest. After getting the lion mane cut he hid from everyone and everything. He was extremely embarrassed and shy.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.