[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's with these dogs? How come no one ever talks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: dalmatiansf6.jpg (46KB, 350x315px) Image search: [Google]
dalmatiansf6.jpg
46KB, 350x315px
What's with these dogs? How come no one ever talks about them any more?
>>
>>2427098
Because they are just a big spotty dog that is prone to deafness with no redeeming value other than the way they look.
>>
cowe
>>
>>2427112
Any white doge is prone to deafness it's up to the specific breeder to not breed for lack of pigment around the head
>>
A lot were culled due to aggression and inbreeding issues several years back iirc
>>
I've had two.
One was the best fucking dog you could have ever known. Dealt with shitty children with God like patience and was very gentle with any other animal. We found her on the side of the road, emaciated and brown to the point we had no idea what she was until she had a bath.
The other was very shitty with new dogs and food aggressive but my parents got that dog before with was born. I got bit by her as a kid but she also taught me not to fuck with her and be nice and not a shitty jumpy kid.

Both were unrelated and got put down to a combination of hip problems, went blind, almost entirely deaf, both had tumors and both got cancer.
>>
File: Ruca18.png (4MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Ruca18.png
4MB, 1440x2560px
>>2427135
I've had two as well. (we've talked before)
My first one passed at 13 years of age due to liver problems, my current one is 9 with a clean bill of health.
As with most dogs, selecting a good breeder is a must.
Not good for a newbie, inexperienced owner.
Highly intelligent, can be easy to train, yet stubborn and very persistent
The more exercise the better. These are coaching dogs and have the endurance and stamina to prove it.
Highly recommend ULA Dalmatians, as all of them have issues with kidney stones, especially males. Diet will need to be adjusted
Extremely protective, especially with a family unit in an established location
I think they are great dogs op, I especially prefer the females.
>>
>>2427098
Because original movie was 20 years ago already.
>>
File: IMG_2492.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2492.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>have dalmatians my whole life (38 years)
>only seen 3 or 4 that weren't mine outside of a dog park
>every day meet someone who says they used to have dalmatians
>>
Took in a stray when I was a kid, never had any problems with kids climbing all over it and everything but one day it bit some fat faggot from my school for smacking it in the face and his dumpster whore mom had it put down

RIP doggo, fortunately that same year the fat faggot's parents both admitted to cheating on each other regularly and his family was destroyed. Fuck them
>>
They're a meme dog that was over-bred because of a Disney movie
>>
>>2427098
The Disney movie made them popular for a while some time back. Puppy mills bred them without putting any effort into working on their health issues (deafness, liver problems), and families bought them without realizing how energetic and strong they are. So dogs ended up in homes that couldn't handle their needs, and a lot of the animals ended up getting aggression issues. That gave the breed a bad reputation that has lasted ever since then.

I had one before the movie craze. She was very affectionate with people, excitable and puppy-like. But she was very active and strong; just her tail wagging felt like a whip that could knock small objects over or hurt your legs. Also, she could be headstrong about commands. She was sometimes mischievous, and not as obedient or eager to please as some other dogs.

I found the dog endearing despite her flaws, and I'd like to have another dalmatian again some day. But I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. Dalmatian breed descriptions appear to often mention the same negative traits that I noticed in my own dog. Plus I haven't dealt with dalmatians that were bred after the movie, so I'm not sure how bad their situation is right now.
>>
Don't they pee different than other dogs or something?
>>
>>2427263
They have issues with kidney stones, particularly males.
>>
>>2427116
Any reputable Dalmatian breeder always has the pups BAER hearing tested as well.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.