[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it a good idea to just let insects that don't pose an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0932.jpg (36KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0932.jpg
36KB, 640x360px
Is it a good idea to just let insects that don't pose an immediate threat live in your house? I usually just put any bugs I find outside, but do things like palmetto bugs, cockroaches, earwigs, beetles, etc actually cause any harm? My house was poorly built, so there's a lot of fuckin' bugs that just get in here from outside. I've never really had an "infestation", just shit wandering in. Anyways, it gets annoying to throw them all outside and they don't really need to die, can I just leave the more unassuming pests to go about their business?
>>
>>2426234
NEET: THE POST: THE MOVIE: #1 IN THE COUNTRY: NO SHAME: NO HARM: INSECTS ARE GREAT: LET THEM IN: LIVE AMONG THEM: THE EPIC TRILOGY COMING TO THEATERS NEAR YOU
>>
>>2426237
I'm living among them whether I like it or not. They're, you know, everywhere on the fuckin' planet.
>>
most things will die pretty quick from your house being (relatively) dry and devoid of food. putting them outside is better for everybody
>>
>>2426234
No, it's not a good idea to give up evicting uninvited species in your house. You'll end up with an outdoorsy ecosystem that defeats the purpose of humans living in houses. Even if you can't win 100% you have to keep trying. Get some caulk, weatherstripping, and screens to help keep them out.
>>
As someone who gets a lot bugs: it's either you put the nice wriggly bug outside or you spend time putting their corpses in the trash, 50/50.
Bugs also make A LOT of noises at night when everything else is actually quiet, and they might crawl on you, which is never good for you sleep.

But mostly: if you want to cohabitate, you'll have to hide and protect EVERY LAST CRUMB OF FOOD. No boxes/recipients are safe. Check your rice. But the only reason you should need is that once you let bugs in, you'll never get them out unless you gas your fucking house every time someone comes over. Bugs are tenacious and you won't notice the invasion before it's way too fucking late and you have to rip your floorboards and pierce your walls to get them out.
>>
>>2426945
are you talking about ants and termites and roaches??
i live with house centepides, i have about 100 of them, plus a bunch of spiders. i don't know what they eat but they've been here for years.
>>
>>2427640
The centipedes eat the spiders. The spiders eat the other insects you've allowed to come in. Eventually, you'll have roaches, mice and snakes.
>>
I use a Bug-A-Salt to kill roaches and earwigs, other insects I let live. Don't mind having invert ecosystem in my house.
>>
>>2426234
i want to marry and live forever with that cute fluffly moth
>>
Bacteria lives on everything, even bugs. The more you let in your house the higher your chances are of contracting some illness.
>>
Earwigs can and will pinch you. There seems to be a myth that they cannot hurt humans, but I can attest to the fact that they do pinch and they do break skin.
>>
>>2429355
>no qt moth to marry
why live
>>
File: 1415913870032.jpg (137KB, 722x525px) Image search: [Google]
1415913870032.jpg
137KB, 722x525px
>>2429380
oh my god, did the creepy crawlie hurt poor little anon? baww....
>>
File: ticks.jpg (60KB, 845x450px) Image search: [Google]
ticks.jpg
60KB, 845x450px
>>2429387
I hope you get a cluster of ticks under one of your fat folds and they live and breed there until the day you die.
>>
>>2429380
Stop poking their butts then silly
Your skin must be real nice and soft btw
>>
>>2429421
I was sitting on my couch and it crawled on my neck and it pinched me. I didn't provoke it.
>>
>>2429387
>I can attest to the fact that they do pinch and they do break skin
>did the creepy crawlie hurt poor little anon?

Are you genuinely asking someone who just stated that they can personally attest that earwigs can hurt people whether or not an earwig hurt him? I've heard of poor reading comprehension but I think you might legitimately be retarded.
>>
>>2429360
Not how it works.
>>
>>2429497
If you really think that guy simply misread him and isn't mocking him then you may be genuinely autistic.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.