[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my dog came into my room stinking and I wiped her down with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 9

File: 108424.jpg (84KB, 352x500px) Image search: [Google]
108424.jpg
84KB, 352x500px
So my dog came into my room stinking and I wiped her down with a fabric softener and it actually worked and made her smell nice.

Any downsides to this? I might start doing it more. Pic unrelated.
>>
>>2426188
You forgot the part where you tell us you're vegan, your dog is vegan and also a liberal pansy like his owner
>>
>>2426190
You're about as retarded as this guy. This is actual fucking science and extremely common knowledge in the world of animal care.

It's the fucking poppies. You can't have them near an animal and the essence is the most commonly used in any sort of perfume. How better to make someone retarded and kill him at the same time? I guarantee this guy just smeared his dog with something that can kill it.
>>
>>2426193
You realize that he didn't say perfume right?

You absolute cretin.

Either way, op needs to look up dog wipes, they sell them on Amazon, helps make your dog smell good.

Also, fuck you. Ass
>>
>>2426196
>he didn't say perfume

>fabric softener
>"my dog smells good now"

See here friends. This is what is borne of the greatest country in the world. Literal mental retardation and a general approval of perfuming your animals.
>>
>>2426193
>Poppys
>Harmful

Yeah, maybe if you bought a ton of it and only fed that to your dog.

By itself it isn't harmful in small quantities.

>>2426199
I use lots of odor control on my animals, you just have to use your brain and not use products with harmful chemicals in them.

Chloroform = harmful
Water = not harmful
Make a list, and if you don't know the answer for a chemical, Google it.

Seriously, do some research, some fabric softeners are safe for animals, some aren't. Research is key
>>
>>2426199
I think your tin foil is on there a little too tight m8
>>
>>2426188
>the eternal butthurt lefty european

dont you have a city to burn? your inferiority complex is disgusting
>>
>>2426204
>ingredients protected by secrecy laws
>some fabric softeners are safe for animals

How the fuck do you even know? There is no ingredients list and over half of the 3100 chemical scents they are allowed to use will kill animals.

Poppy extracts less harmful than raw poppy? No. It's pure, undiluted mammal destruction in a vial. "Clean linen" is poppy scented, and the fact that you can detect a scent at all tells you how concentrated it is.

You fucking P&G/Unilever shills won't shut the fuck up about how "safe" your products are but in the same breath you won't reveal the fucking ingredients.

Citric acid, NFPA 704 rated 2/4 for hazards to humans in Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo?
Fucking lol. Americans are so fucking stupid I could rag on them all day.
>>
>>2426211
I am an american that hates americans.
How can you be so fucking daft that you would refuse facts with an insult?

NO ONE thinks perfume is good for animals. NO ONE discusses the possible health benefits of perfuming your animals, we discuss the fucking risks and there's a good reason for it.
>>
>>2426228
#cuckoldandproud
>>
>>2426230
>retarded american can sage

Well he's got one thing going for him.
>>
>>2426188
This is the only time I've done it despite having this dog for over a decade. It was just a spur of the moment idea because I had a fabric softener in my room. It seemed too good to be true so I had to investigate if there was a downside.

Obviously I didn't rub it on her face or anything.
>>
>>2426438
Also she's been sleeping and I just smelled her and she smells normal again. Not good, but not bad. She's acting fine too so I'm pretty sure she's okay. But I won't do this again of course.
>>
>>2426175
Yeah. They're chemical irritants. You're not supposed to rub them directly on your skin either. Just get baby wipes. They're cheaper and actually remove some dirt and bacteria instead of just covering it up.
>>
>>2426568
If she didn't get any in her mouth or eyes do you think she's safe by now? She still isn't acting any different from usual and I don't see any signs of irritation? I did rub her fur with some water just to be safe.

Side note, what about using human shampoo on dogs? I haven't done this but I think someone else might have.
>>
>>2426188
DUDE NO that's aftershave fabric softener is the ones that melt steel beams. Fucking hell man get with the narritive.
>>
Why is there so much /pol/shit on a fucking animals board?
>>
>>2426933
A lot of humans find those things to be respiratory irritants, but if she seems fine she probably is. I wouldn't do it again though. Repeated exposure to chemical irritants tend to make them worse over time. Watch for difficulty breathing or nausea (barfing, refusing food).

Human shampoo is probably fine sometimes, however, baby or dog shampoo is probably the best since those are less harsh on their fur. Overly strong soaps strip too much oil and cause more oil production which can make dogs smell doggier. Also, they get sad when you get harsh shampoo in their eyes.

Out of curiosity, is your dog stinky because she got into something or just hasn't had a bath in a long time?
>>
>>2427049
Anon, the only board on 4chan that doesnt hate niggers is /hm/, and even then they have a complex.
>>
ITT:

>EVERYTHING WILL KILL YOUR DOG
>OXYGEN IS POISON
>NITROGEN WILL CAUSE YOUR DOG TO EXPLODE
>WATER IS LITERALLY MINIATURE HITLERS THAT STAB YOUR DOG TO DEATH

Also shown, the proper way to wear a tinfoil hat, and babble like an idiot
>>
>>2427052
Thanks for the answers. I'll be careful in the future.

As for the smell, I don't think it's either of those things. Both my dogs just end up with this bad smell after walking around outside for a bit. Maybe it's normal, but to me it makes me want to throw up. But it fades after a while.
>>
>>2427093
My dog gets that too. He smells like fish when he comes in from his walks even though he hasn't walked or rolled in anything and his food is chicken. It eventually fades but I don't let him on the couch with me for a while
>>
>>2427093
???
People in your neighborhood are using poppy scented dryer sheets, which is exhausted and causing absorption of chemicals that cause stress odors. This isn't a mystery. Exposure to perfume makes animals stink way fucking worse than just getting wet.

>mod baleets post
>omg ur so ring anon
>lol tinfoil hat
>but ur right
>perfume isn't good
>but ur also ring because tinfoil

Is this communism?
>>
>>2427337
Ratman you really should take the hint and find a different board.
>>
>>2427342
I like it here and we did 6 years, we'll be fine.

My issue comes with perfume secrecy laws and allergens that aren't labelled on the fucking bottles. This is a real concern. No one is safe and everyone that thinks they're genetically superior and doesn't have allergies is wrong.

Poppies are a weapon against all humanity and they are being used to fuck organs and minds.

I mean they fucking spray barium at us all day, why would they stop at other aerosols? They won't. Everything you buy is a weapon against you unless the manufacturer can't be traced back to Unilever/p&g.
>>
>>2427346
>tfw I have sun sensitivity
>tfw I can't use virtually anything on my skin without something horrible happening
At least I don't have opioid intolerance.
Poor ratman.

Try scuba diving? It's probably related to nitrogen narcosis, but being deep underwater eases up most of my aches and pains.
>>
>>2427359
Nope I can't get to saltwater, let alone drive to it. This is how the government treats epileptics, what do I do but sit in the house and get crazier?
>>
>>2427372
Lakes, man. Or quarries.
>>
>>2426228
>NO ONE thinks perfume is good for animals
I worked as a dog washer and you're fucking stupid. Pet fragrances are a thing. I feel like I'm taking bait but I'm also afraid your tard handler got distracted and lost you.

Have you never walked down the pet grooming isle at a pet store?
>>
>>2427382
>omg perfume is so good!
>doesn't reveal ingredients because of US law

Fucking lol. You can't possibly know this because the ingredients are SECRET.
>>
>>2427337
>post gets deleted
>don't accept that maybe you're doing something wrong
>keep peddling your psychopathic shit
>>
File: 1438152105225.jpg (54KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1438152105225.jpg
54KB, 400x400px
>>2427385
..But they aren't secret? No, now I'm convinced. Good job keeping the ruse for so long
>>
File: IMG_201707191_024614.jpg (89KB, 320x286px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_201707191_024614.jpg
89KB, 320x286px
>>2427415
Yes. They're fucking secret. They require no approval to go on market, no testing.

You people are dumb as fucking rocks. No joke. Quite literally denying that laws exist.
>>
>>2427419
you're an idiot if you think this means that they don't require approval or testing. they don't require approval/testing before they go on the market as a finished product.

>this perfume has lavender oil in it
>well your lavender oil from x supplier in y country has already been tested and approved for use in cosmetics before it ever got to you, good to go mate
>thanks

I know you're fucking retarded ratman but your willful misinterpretation of this is just beyond the pale. you ever think the world is just out to get you, instead of everyone?
>>
>ratman
Are you all talking about this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFfLCuHSZ-U
>>
>>2427477
ratman believes all animals need to be kept in dark rooms devoid of stimuli because light and smells will kill them. he thinks the government and soap companies are out to kill everyone with deadly smells. the poppy thing is new but you can always tell it's him because he has an autistic meltdown anytime anyone mentions soap or perfume and will come into threads telling people their animals are sick/dying because they use soaps with fragrances in them.

wouldn't be surprised if he looked like that though
>>
>>2427491
Why do they call him ratman?
>>
>>2427494
Because of a long discussion involving porphyria and rats.
>>
>>2426212
>How the fuck do you even know? There is no ingredients list

What's is MSDS?
>>
>>2426212
>CHEMICALS ARE BAAAAAD
Everything is a chemical you dunce. And you have absolutely no concept of sterols and their relation to causing scent. You can literally make the scent of clove or banana or apple or whatever in an organic chemistry lab with the identical molecular structure.

>ranting about baby shampoo containing citric acid
Yeah no
>>
>>2427093
It is their ears. The dogs with the worst stench (especially after exposure to outside air and humidity) I encountered always had bad ears and impacted anal glands.

Inspect and clean the ears, you'll have a dog that smells a lot better. If it is really bad you'll likely need the vet and some ear ointment

>t. Vet tech for 7 years.
>>
>>2427510
Check its MSDS, it'll just say perfume/fragrance. Pissed me off back when my doctor and I were trying to isolate wtf I'm allergic to.
>>
>>2427513
>perfume is organic chemistry
No, dude, it fucking is not organic. These are chemicals and as much as you want to wahhh about their safety is as much shilling as these companies need to test their product safety.

Protip: They don't fucking test it. They don't release results or documents. They're huge global Jewish manufacturers that want everyone to die, so question time: What are they going to do to kill everyone?

>>2427510
Why do I have to google your fucking acronyms? Are you 14?

>>2427494
Because rats are severely allergic to scented products and the entire board preaches that you should use scented products around them. They fucking advocate it even though long winded tests have shown rats and mice to be allergic to perfume. These people are fucking babies that want notoriety without their anonymous status being stripped while they strip the anonymous status of everyone in sight. Sad.

>>2427491
You have been tracking me for six years like some fucking literal devoid-of-light neet basement dwelling autistic kid. Do you have a fucking problem with facts and government links and actual scientific studies on mice and rats?
>>
>>2427530
Nobody's been tracking you ratman, you just keep showing up and going on long schizo rants and since you're the only one who thinks this shit is real it's easy to identify you. Go take a shower.
>>
>>2427548
NO! FUCK SHOWERS! SOAP IS PERFUMED! SOAP IS MURDER!
>>
>>2427548
Why do I even have a shower? To get wet? To collect water? For decoration?

Why would I use that thing?
>>
Just gave the ol' dog two cheese puffs because I dropped them on the floor so I didn't want to eat them. Thoughts?
>>
>>2427548
this.

it's rare to see the rat-vampire's level of crazy on /an/ so when it shows up people remember.
>>
>>2427999
>responding to yourself

Yeah, have fun. Every country on earth besides the US has laws that require manufacturers to test and label scented products. Sorry it's so hard for you to believe that some jewish megacorporations want to hurt people.

What the fuck even is Monsanto? The fact that they exist should tell you that there is more than one of these fucking jewdouche companies trying to harm you.

Go pick up a bag of bread. Read the back.
Thiamine mononitrate: NFPA 704 Rated 1/4 for hazards to humans.
Riboflavin: NFPA 704 Rated 1/4 for hazards to humans.
Folic acid: NFPA 704 Rated 1/4 for hazards to humans.
Reduced iron: NFPA 704 Rated 1/4 for hazards to humans.

No one would ever try to hurt you, anon. Corporations are nice people. Just keep spraying the axe body spray on yourself, brushing your teeth with fluoridated toothpaste, drinking the tap water and eating our waste chemicals.
Shalom, brother. Yes. Very good.
>>
>>2428009
>responding to yourself
nah gurl, you're legit famous on /an/

right up there with foxy dani and scansnake. You're a meme here like brown recluse and cumfart.
>>
>>2428044
>foxy dani
>scansnake
>brown recluse
>cumfart
Tell me more about these four names.
>>
File: 1496018268175.jpg (202KB, 1059x546px) Image search: [Google]
1496018268175.jpg
202KB, 1059x546px
>>2426230
>>
>>2428056
Have a fifth name
Lurkmoar
>>
>>2428009

You are aware that thiamine mononitrate (admittedly, this is the synthetic form- used because it is more stable - however when absorbed with water it dissociates forming a thiamin cation plus nitrate), riboflavin and folic acid are just vitamins B1, B2 and B9- aye? They're found frequently in food naturally- all typically in green leafy vegetables.

All the companies are doing is fortifying their product with extra nutrients- needed in this day and age as very few of us actually eat a rounded diet. They're not 'waste' chemicals by any stretch of the imagination.
>>
>>2428139
I'm aware, but as stated it's in most vegetables, and we don't have any limits on our access to these foods.

They are not source naturally, they are synthesized in a lab. Same chemical? Sure, but people also call GMOs "the exact same thing" as other vegetables, while touting heavy side effects and other bodily harm, this is my qualm: Do we really need to eat synthetic chemicals to survive? Why are there 40 side effects listed? Why are they all rated hazardous to humans?
Think, friend. It's the jews.
>>
>>2427998
were they scented cheese puffs!?!??! scented with CHEMICALS!!? quick put your dog in a locked dark box and keep him still and for the love of god get rid of all the soap in your house
>>
>>2428164

You are aware that according flour has to be fortified legally, right?

https://www.food.gov.uk/sites/default/files/multimedia/pdfs/breadflourguide.pdf

Aka, WHO deem it necessary for public health for it to be fortified. I'd argue that the general public on masse don't get a well rounded diet, and it also allows them to ship flour out to places where malnutrition is a problem- overall, fortification is a fantastic addition to food science.

As are GMO's- take golden rice for example, if we can get that working properly it'll do wonders for reducing the amount of vitamin A deficiencies, and increasing the iron intake.

Can I have some peer reviewed sources on your "heavy side effects" and "bodily harm"?
>>
>>2428239
Oh....my....god

You put a dog in the dark!?!!?

THERE'S CHEMICALS IN THERE YOU FOOL

QUICK THROW HIM IN AN INCINERATOR ITS CHEMICAL FREE
>>
File: 1499609669120.jpg (109KB, 580x459px) Image search: [Google]
1499609669120.jpg
109KB, 580x459px
>>2426204
>Google it
>research
>>
>>2428102
Fuck off, cunt.
>>
>>2428258
>he doesn't go to 3 different libraries to read every book in chemicals he can find
>>
>>2428074
Thanks for this image, I am going to post this so much on /tv/.
>>
>>2428393
>this butthurt
When does school start back up faggot?
>>
>>2428164
Um what? Gmos have side effects?

If there was a conspiracy, they probably wouldn't list any side effects and shoot those who spoke up.

And im sorry but most humans are more resilient than rats. If you're so afraid, you might have to move to mars because of all the cell/wifi/uv waves that travel through you each day even if youre in the middle of nowhere (satellites). Most people are happily drinking the floride and gmos might end world hunger one day. But no, war & starvation are much better im sure.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
11KB, 480x360px
And don't forget guys...gluten makes your dick fly off
>>
>>2428489
>unironically using the word butthurt
Good question, you need to go back.
>>
File: 1485658692696.jpg (200KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
1485658692696.jpg
200KB, 717x880px
>>2428556
>still butthurt
You're so cute
>>
mods delete this stupid fucking thread it's not even about animals anymore
>>
>>2428559
Thanks for posting the picture of the place you need to go back to.
>>
So what are foxy dani, scansnake, brown recluse, and cumfart?
>>
File: image.gif (660KB, 349x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
660KB, 349x360px
My akita's turned 11 /an/. He's plenty old and his vision seems to have started failing very quickly recently. I can handle a blind dog I guess, but I'm scared, I've never dealt with a pet death before since I never had one before him. He's my best bud, it sucks not knowing how long he might be around.
>>
>>2428852
wrong thread? for the love of god let this one die
>>
>>2428854
Didn't wanna blogpost in a decent thread.
>>
>>2428855
Too bad, you just did.
>>
TOO BAD
WALUIGI TIME
>>
>>2428855
At least sage it next time you fucking retard
>>
>>2428982
No announcing sage, dipshit.
>>
>>2429300
how new are you?

where are all you newfags coming from, anyways?
you have to go back.
>>
>>2429303
>you have to go back.
t. 2015 newfag who just outed himself by posting a Trump meme.
>>
>>2429307
tell me who Vlad was and I'll let you stay.
fail and I'll kill you.
>>
>>2426175
Dogs lick, fabric softener is supposed to be fucking RINSED OUT of clothes and is not recommended for use with animals. What the fuck is wrong with you? You're going to poison your damn dog or give her a rash. Just wash the damn thing with dog soap like a normal ass person.
>>
>>2429319
Your gay lover.
>>
>>2429327
anyone that's been on /an/ for more than 5 years knows who vlad is.

fuck off, newfag.
>>
>>2429325
They have developed undefeatable fabric softener with a scent that never leaves your clothes, I've been given stuff and 15 baking soda washes didn't remove the slightest bit of odor.
These people openly advocate breathing a lungful of this every two seconds all day for their entire life like nothing bad can come of it.
>>
>>2429330
And anyone who hasn't can just google it so there's no point trying to use that as proof.

You already outed yourself with the Trump meme.
>>
>>2429339
>anyone who hasn't can just google
so google it for me, newfag.
>>
>>2429342
https://www.reddit.com/r/4chan/comments/kwnye/vlad/

Two seconds of googling, newfag who pretends to be an oldfag.

Go back to /pol/.
>>
>>2429347
>Two seconds of googling
>literally 11 minutes later
>on a board most people can't read
>where the newfag learned everything he knows about 4chan

I can't read it, so I assume you just asked a real oldfag who vlad was. Further proving your newfag, plebbit status.

>Go back to /pol/.
kek you're retarded
>>
>>2429361
What the fuck are you on about? I don't live here so I didn't see your shitty post. Go back to /pol/, Reddit, and newfag nation.
>>
Anyone else think OP meant a dryer sheet? Is there much difference between liquid fabric softener and dryer sheets?
>>
>>2429584
I did mean a dryer sheet, but the dryer sheet says "fabric softener" on the box so I think they can be used interchangeably.

From what I read afterwards, liquid fabric softener is much more dangerous, but dryer sheets are still bad.
>>
>>2426175
dryer sheets contain toxic shit, you don't even want it on your hands.

-HOWEVER-

they make products that are basically safe dryer sheets to rub on your dog. just go look at the store.
>>
>>2428009
>Go pick up a bag of bread. Read the back.
Does a bag technically have a back? It's a bag
>>
>>2428847
Literally wait 4 hours maximum and somebody will do the brown recluse meme, new friend
>>
>>2429330
>unironically asking for a meme to verify someone's age
fucking meme police
>>
>>2429652
>vlad
>meme
so many newfags
so so many
>>
>>2429650
What about cumfart, is that an /an/ meme? I don't want to google it and have that show up in my logs.
>>
>>2429720
Old meme from back when we got over 9000 name-my-pets threads. Nobody ever named their pets what we said. So we named them cumfart or biscuit and the first name posted was the final name.
>>
>>2429643
Yes, you idiot, it's the side with the nutrition facts on it.
>>
FACT.
>>
So my dog is sleeping right now.
>>
>>2430541
no, it's dead
>>
>>2430547
Hope not.
>>
She's alright.
>>
I'm alright too.
>>
My dog's teeth are pretty black and gross, is this normal?
>>
>>2430651
>>2431059
FISH 'N CHIPS
>>
File: 1499405001629.png (292KB, 640x643px) Image search: [Google]
1499405001629.png
292KB, 640x643px
>all these butthurt newfags can't recognise a copypasta and waste their time being keyboard warriors on a fucking bait thread
What is /an/ the new /b/?
>>
>>2431471
>What is /an/ the new /b/?
4chan as a whole has degenerated over the years senpai
>>
>>2427530
The really problem is that "fragrance" can be literally anything. This guy gets it >>2427522
>>
>>2431471
>this newfag doesn't recognize ratman and believes his shit is copypasta

I bet you'd also try to tell everyone that brutus the pit bull is really a lab
>>
>>2431471
>110 posts
>32 posters
>only 3 responses to OP

>HOO BOY DID ALL YOU NEWFAGS FALL FOR THAT BAIT OR WHAT?!
kys newfag
>>
>>2431738
No, pit bulls are copypasta.
>>
>>2431740
Ironically the three responses are the most helpful, kindest posts in the thread.
>>
It's cool how long this thread has been here.
>>
>>2432824
VERY cool.
Thread posts: 117
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.