[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ITT things that piss you off These fuckers are at a comic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

>ITT things that piss you off

These fuckers are at a comic book convention, selling sugar gliders, and passing out these info sheets.
>>
>People don't buy treats or toys for cats.
No wonder they're always all shitty.
>>
>>2426158
>vet care costs 0
Wew. Apparently they don't actually require shots, which I still can't quite believe. I feel like it's asking for a possibly invasive species. They're not really all that fun or nice either, they're a real meme pet.
>>
>>2426158
I hate to admit it but these guys were at a local mall when I was a teenager and I got sucked into their sales pitch. The animals were packed 20-50 to a tiny cage each. I bought four of them and they had me convinced that one of those tiny cages was enough for them. One of them died the first night I had them.

This company is unethical as fuck and dishonest about the type of care these guys require. They completely obscure the fact that they are not like tiny dogs (as they claim,) they are wild animals and don't like you, and take a ton of work to even get them tame enough to handle.

With the shitty instructions they gave me, the animals I bought from them got sub-par care for quite a while. They all died about 3-4 years later from some sort of wasting disease--none of the vets in my area knew anything about them and I watched them die one by one.

They make shitty pets. I'm ashamed that I was too stupid to see through the dishonest salespitch these guys spin. At this point I just try to warn people to do their own research and not buy from them if they do choose to get sugar gliders. These people actually discourage their buyers from doing their own research. That in itself should be a real redflag.
>>
>>2426258
How come no one closed down their operation for animal cruelty? Here in Europe they would get all their animals seized as soon as they even tried doing something like that.
>>
>>2426276
Unfortunately here in the US I don't think we're as progressive about animal cruelty laws.

The animals technically are provided with water, food, and "shelter," which generally is all that's legally required--beyond that, animals can be in pretty shitty conditions and the authorities can't do shit about it. Plus, they are not cats or dogs and are uncommon by comparison, so there just isn't regulations about their care or breeding. So they just...slip under the wire, I guess. It's really sad.
>>
>>2426286
Not really at all. People here in Colorado have to watch out in winter because if their pet is seen outside it will be taken by animal control. Same when I lived in Alabama in the summer. If people noticed a dog in hot conditions the local humane society is called. The only thing they don't respond to are feral cats and wild baby animals.

The reason these things are allowed to flourish is due to bystander syndrome.
>oh that is so cruel, hope someone reports them
And they move on.

There was one at Dragon con 2 years ago that upset so many people they were told never to return and their facilities were investigated. I don't know if they were shut down, but I didn't see them next year and they likely won't be there this year.
>>
I have three and they're expensive to feed fresh fruit and veg. Just in food I spend more on my gliders than I do for two dogs and two cats.
A vet trip for an abcess cost me $200, quoted $400-600 if the antibiotics didn't work if they had to remove or his eye.

I'd probably cause a scene, really. I didn't plan on getting mine but I had been scared off of them for a decade due to how 'hard' they were to take over. After the initial 'jesus christ this diet is hard- wait no it's not' I think mine are good pets. Friendly, not messy nor loud but I'd still deter people if not because I don't trust the average pet owner to just feed them cat food or something. The fact they are adorable and their name just ropes people in and there are other small animals that in general are more engaging than gliders. Mine are busy jumping around, they don't cuddle.

I've never seen them for sale like this. I should be glad I don't see iguanas, turtles or anoles sold in festivals anymore either but I still come across those selling baby turtles in cities.
>>
>>2426664
Maybe the laws are different locally?

I live in Alabama and see people's dogs chained up outside in the blistering heat 24/7. When reported, the authorities don't do jack shit as long as the dog has "shelter" (i.e. a garbage busted up dog house) and access to water and isn't literally starving. These people are reported all the time and they send someone out to investigate and then tell us they can't legally do anything about it.

>>2426683
>not messy
What is your secret? In my experience they fling shit everywhere, fling food everywhere, literally piss and shit in their food bowls, etc.
>>
>>2426664
>Same when I lived in Alabama in the summer. If people noticed a dog in hot conditions the local humane society is called. The only thing they don't respond to are feral cats and wild baby animals.
you must've been white and rich in a rich white neighborhood, but that's an absurd statement.
>>
>>2427179
I was thinking the same thing, I was in Alabama and the norm was to have dogs free roam. Like you were weird if your dog was chained up or inside a fence, except for like tiny ass dog kennels. Police wouldn't do a thing about any of it. Driving home I'd meet at least 5 dumb dogs standing in the road.
>>
>>2426158
holy shit i had no idea they were so cheap to keep. im gonna buy one next time i see it. thanks for info
>>
>sugar bear
Why
>>
>>2427281
So that when you Google it you get their sites as top hits.
>>
>>2427166
>What is your secret?
Don't have one.. they eat from a bowl in the middle of their cage and eat it right there. They usually only use a corner for their bathroom.
They drop their food sometimes but they don't throw anything around. You could try using mesh around the outside of their cage that people do for birds or set the inside around the bars with plexiglass if you have enough things inside the cage they can climb around on instead of just the bars.

I use floor tiles for the bottom of their cage so it's easy to wipe down and I didn't want to deal with cleaning the bar-codes cage. If you don't have bars or replace the bottom you could just put in bedding and spot clean but I prefer nothing that can get soaked.
>>
>>2427218
>dogs running around loose in the roads
Yeah, I see a lot of that as well. It really pisses me off. These people have flea and tick infested dogs allowed to run freely in the street. They're usually intact (not spayed or neutered) so they breed indiscriminately and get hit by cars (most of them develop a car-chasing habit,) shot by angry rednecks, and no one does a damn thing about any of it. I'm pretty sure loose, free roaming dogs (no confinement, not on a leash) are illegal but it's never enforced unless you're in a relatively well-populated city. 2 minutes outside the city though? Back to the loose dogs.

>>2427641
>They usually only use a corner for their bathroom
Maybe I've only met inbred, messed up gliders then. All the ones I've seen did not discriminate at all where they went to the bathroom. In their sleeping areas, in their food, while they're walking around, etc.

It sounds like you have a really good set up though
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.