[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>month and half ago >dog gets a sore on one of his hind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: CAM00258.jpg (544KB, 1531x1537px) Image search: [Google]
CAM00258.jpg
544KB, 1531x1537px
>month and half ago
>dog gets a sore on one of his hind legs
>cleaned it, applied ointment then wrapped it
>started getting better but he was walking a little weird
>take him to the vet
>says he has mild hip dyspepsia and arthritis
>thought 'okay, we can deal with that'
>says he also has a tumor about the size of a water bottle cap on the roof of his throat
>begin treatment and making sure he eats and drinks plenty of water
>two weeks goes by and he has been having a slightly harder time walking and eating less
>go back to the vet and he gives me stronger pain meds for the arthritis and says the tumor is shrinking
>another week goes by and he can barely get up on his own
>I wake up one morning and see him standing with his front legs but can't control his hind legs
>rush him to the emergency vet 30 minutes away
>tells me he's in a lot of pain and that he should've been on steroids everyday not twice a week
>keeps slyly mentioning I should put him down
>refuse and say I want the x-ray to see if the tumor has spread
cont. next post
>>
>hour passes and they say it hasn't spread and that they're going to give me new medicine and that if he can't pee on his own by tomorrow that I need to take him to my normal vet
>try to leave but car blows out so have to call a tow
>30 minutes riding back home with some tow-trunk guy while holding my dog all the way
>the most calm and peaceful state I've seen him in since this has begun
>next day he still can't stand on his own but is good to walk when I prop him up and set his legs for him
>pees but can't seem to poop even though he ate a lot last night
>take him to the vet the next day to get help with the pooping and a check up, say I can't stay and if I can drop him off because of work
>Dr calls an hour later and says I need to come to the office because of something serious
>rush over with my mom
>says the tumor has gotten bigger, and that it's now the size of a lemon and shows me the back of his throat
>tells me there's really else to do and that I can either take him home and they'll give me pain meds to make sure he' in as little pain as possible or put him down
>ask if we can just keep going with the medicine since there's still two more weeks worth
>says I can but it won't do much if anything at all since it seems his body isn't responding to the medicine anymore
>stare into my dog in the eyes and can see the sadness and pain he's in
>after me and my mom talking and petting him for 10 minutes we agree to go through with it

I held him in my arms and kept telling him I love him and thanks for the 12 years while they injected him.

Ever since letting him go yesterday I've felt like I fucked up somewhere. Is it normal for a tumor to grow so large in such a short amount of time?
>>
Tearing up too much to respond helpfully.

Sorry anon.
>>
cancer is fucked up. doctors don't understand it very well. there are different kinds, and treatment for one kind may not work for another. a lot of times, there's not much modern medicine can do. sorry, op.

with the mobility problems, it's probably better that your dog had an aggressive form of cancer so you'd have a good excuse to end his suffering.
>>
>>2424919
Thanks, anon.
>>2424920
He didn't really have any problems getting around until I took him to the vet; and then when he got the stronger pain meds is when he pretty much went south.

though I can somewhat see that even if I didn't take him to the vet the first time that this road would probably end the same. I just hope I didn't give up on him too soon.
>>
>>2424927
Your intention was good so there really isn't anything to feel guilty about.
If you somehow fucked up, it was an accident.
>>
>>2424927
>I just hope I didn't give up on him too soon.
I think that if you had waited longer and if you had witnessed the dog's health deteriorating and his quality of life suffering, you would've been left asking after his death "did I hold onto him for too long? Did I force him to suffer because I was selfish and couldn't let him go?".

Your dog was fairly old and had multiple health issues. I think he was nearing his end either way, and it wasn't possible to save him. You kept trying very hard though. I don't think you have any kind of blame in what happened.

Read this, I think it can be helpful for someone who's dealing with the loss of a pet:
http://www.pet-loss.net/guilt.shtml
>>
Should have put him down earlier.
You only prolonged the pain

I skimmed but I hope he was put down in ur home and that u did it urself
>>
>>2424961
Thanks for the link, anon. Getting past the acceptance part is going to be hard but reading this did help.
>>
Deepest Condolences OP

>Ever since letting him go yesterday I've felt like I fucked up somewhere.
You didn't. Like the other anons stated this cancer was obviously agressive and your doggo's health would have deteriorated rapidly. You made the correct decision but your are obviously in shock because it all went down so quickly. Don't blame yourself and try to remember all the good times you both shared.
>>
>>2425014
you're
>>
File: Snapchat-8601229303773285966.jpg (654KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-8601229303773285966.jpg
654KB, 1440x2560px
>>2424913
i had to put down my dog because of liver failure in may :"( im still not.over it. i look in the dog house and still see her there sometimes. i even dream about her all the time. pic related :(
>>
>>2425035
Your nose is weird.
>>
File: 20170306_210627.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20170306_210627.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
>>2425059
what should i do to fix it anon
>>
>>2425014
thanks for you kind words anon. I probably try to remake the first meal I ever made for him to celebrate his life.
>>2425035
Sorry about your dog, he looks like a cute pup.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdr875kiZsY
>>
>>2425076
Nothing I guess, just get your hair trimmed back because bangs don't hide that type of shit. You'll live.
>>
>>2424913
It just depends on how much "food" the tumor gets, if it grows and merges with a vein it will no longer be isolated and can continue to grow even more.
Some just grow quicker and react quicker.
Its a continued splitting of a corrupted cell needing energy to keep on splitting easily said
>>
>>2425035
RIP in Peace Clint Eastwood
>>
>>2425555
Sorry for not replying back sooner anon, but I wanted to say thanks for that bit of info. It really helped put things into a better perspective.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.