[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys i'm from a third world Country and i guess it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Hey guys i'm from a third world Country and i guess it's fair to say that the pet business here is really negligent towards animals.

With that out of the way, my father loves birds so my sister and i decided to gift him a couple of Cockatiels, we managed to come across a cute couple from a very...suspicious place to say the least they looked scared and uncomfortable so we decided to take them home.

Now the problem is i have no idea if the cage dimensions ore materials are proper to them, they look very scared, the shop owner took them out of their cage in the shop in a very brutish way and i'm afraid they've most likely experienced this kind of treatment before. To make matters worse one of them is making a noise as if it was having trouble to breathe.

I've been doing some research on their diet and enjoyment and i'm willing to spend as much money as necessary to get them imported toys or anything so i was just wondering if you guys could give me any advice.

Here is a picture of the current set up we have for them and i'm more than sure that it's not good at all, i think i'll have to look out for another cage or order one online.
>>
Do they seem scared when you are near the cage? First couple of days leave them alone and let them observe their surroundings and you doing everyday things. You can sit and watch them, talk to them, get them used to you being around. After a few days of adjustment, you can offer some treats. Don't move too quick, don't force them to do somethin they aren't comfortable with.
There's this one type of seed cocketiels really love, can't remember... they come on a stem. Maybe someone else will remember.

As for the set up, looks pretty decent. You can upgrade later if you feel like it. The water "dish" you have though, I never had good luck with getting birds to drink out of em. You can add another dish, like the food dish, bUT fill it with water if you'd like. That's just my preference and what ive observed though.
>>
>>2424611
anon was looking for the word millet

birds love the shit out of millet
>>
The setup looks fine, bigger is always better, but what you have will work for two birds.

You can add some more toys once they've settled down. They like to nibble wood things.and sit on rope perches
>>
>>2424519
The breathing sound is their version of a dog's growl. This is normal... for a stressed out and scared bird.

Unfortunately it's very hard to get them to trust anyone if they've been abused for that long. So if they never warm up to your dad, don't let it discourage him as properly raised ones can be very friendly, to the point where they like being pet behind the neck.

They can also be taught to whistle things.

Btw I hope you know these fuckers can live for decades.
>>
>>2424751
That's the one, thank you. It's just one of those words that I can never remember
>>
That cage is pleanty big for those two. Let them calm down for a couple days, if it persists take them to a vet?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.