[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be like 4 days ago >have goat named Jared >goat is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 329.png (225KB, 480x368px) Image search: [Google]
329.png
225KB, 480x368px
>be like 4 days ago
>have goat named Jared
>goat is weak, visibly underweight, anemic
>didn't know
>don't know what's wrong
>look up symptoms, it's probably worms
>deworm him, feed him lots of extra food to gain weight back, give him electrolytes and nurse him for days
>be this morning
>give him shots at every 6 hours
>go to check on him and give him shot
>dead
>panic
>wake up mother, stuttering and shaking
>"I-I-I t-t-think he's d-d-dead"
>rush out to check
>silence
>go back inside because there's nothing we can do
>sit down

what do i do? we spent so long trying to treat this just for it to fuck him up anyway. thing is with goats is they don't get sick easily, but when they do, it strikes hard and fast.

also, pet loss thread. help me through this?
>>
>look up symptoms, it's probably worms
you should have taken him to a vet to get an accurate diagnosis. you killed him.
>>
>>2422891
forgot part where we talked to the vet, whoops
>>
Sounds like you tried your very best anon :( sorry about Jared
>>
>>2422891
He clearly took him to the vet, where do you think the medication came from?
>>
File: 1258323761863.png (578KB, 541x663px) Image search: [Google]
1258323761863.png
578KB, 541x663px
>>2422996
>you can only get medication from a vet
>>
Go fund me for Jared 2?
>>
>>2422888
Friends border collie hanged itself on its lead last night.
>>
>>2422888
It was clearly depressed and stressed from being seperatley from it's family and died of a broken heart
>>
>>2423093
rip ;_;
>>2423086
we still have his brother and two of his uncles. honestly i'm thinking against getting any more goats just because it's so hard to treat them, at least by the time whatever disease/infection is noticeable. idk but it's heartbreaking losing a goat, they're like the farm equivalent of a dog
>>2422940
>>
>>2423063
What isle in CVS carries medication for animals that must br injected, again?
>>
Poor anon, everyone always gives so many condolences for dogs n cats... even fuckin rats.

I'm sorry for your loss dude.
>>
>>2423131
>idk but it's heartbreaking losing a goat, they're like the farm equivalent of a dog
I hope you're a grill because i have a heartboner>>2423338
>>
Farm vets are kinda shitty, really. They all go for antibiotics first without hardly touching them. Not against antibiotics in the slightest
but that's what came first when calling up a farm vet.
Learned the hard way. We have had more goats and sheep survive against that.

On the other hand livestock are usually just that. Doesn't matter if one dies because you can always get another. One symptom can be one of many and it's not worth the hunch if you actually care about them.
>>
>>2423357
don't worry I'm a grill
>>
>>2422888
poor goat :(
>>
>>2422888
How old was he? Also checked
>>
>>2422888
I don't really care about the goat but I'm sorry for your pain. Though I guess I'm happy for you that you have so few pressing problems that you're able to fall in love with a meat animal and then be sad about its death even though they pretty much always die before humans.

I mean that means you're not starving and your own family isn't dying and you have a roof over your head and such, doesn't it? So this pain, while seeming large and important now, is really a luxury most people can't afford. Which is cool. You may drink your exotic emotional pain like rich people drink absurdly expensive liquors and poor people drink muddy diseased water.
>>
>>2422888
Serious question, did you spend time with your goat?

Goats on a kinship level are like dogs, you have to bond with them sometimes.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.