[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this. With that said:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

File: emerald-green-2-263x349.png (61KB, 263x349px) Image search: [Google]
emerald-green-2-263x349.png
61KB, 263x349px
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this. With that said: one of our neighbors is being a douche and besides planting these small trees right on the border he's been really annoying and careless with construction around his house and close to ours. Are there any trees or plants that grow vigorously that I can plant right on the border of our front lawns that will a) look nice and b) either grow over his yard or just straight up out compete anything he has? Maybe a very bushy plant or something that will spread and be hard to control?
>>
Manzanita
>>
Poison Oak
>>
brown recluse
>>
File: firethorn.jpg (256KB, 602x400px) Image search: [Google]
firethorn.jpg
256KB, 602x400px
>>2422732
This madman
>>
>>2422794

>no need for water
>no need for nurture/care
>grows like a motherfucker
>red berries, white flowers, evergreen- majestic af
>large sharp thorns
>majestic af
>dirt cheap
>doubles as a hedge
>>
>>2422796
Can those grow in Nevada?
>>
>>2422804
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/shrubs/firethorn/care-of-firethorn-bush.htm
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/planting-zones/usda-planting-zone-map.htm

According to these yes

I live in Greece, at a place with a lot of rainfall and humidity during winter that turns to frost overnight plenty of times and completely dry summers with temperatures that reach over 40C

They dont give a fuck about either
>>
File: Side_of_the_road.gif (2MB, 448x236px) Image search: [Google]
Side_of_the_road.gif
2MB, 448x236px
>Maybe a very bushy plant or something that will spread and be hard to control?

Cool idea, but who's gonna deal with the hard to control part? He'll just complain, and you'll have to do it if you're under an HOA or something. Or just end up arguing with him constantly about shit growing over on to his side.
>>
Bamboo
>>
>>2422732
I wouldn't mind if a douchey neighbor planted a row of these on his side so I never had to look at his ugly house and shitty family. These things fill in and make nice barriers. I'd be pouring miracle grow on those shits to make it go faster.
>>
>>2422846
This
It's a nice sound barrier and wind break too.
That said, the firethorn itt looks nice as well.
>>
>>2422846
True true I think I'm convinced
>>
>>2422732
Call your town hall and see if the construction they are doing is legal. Chances are they don't have a building permit if they are being this douchey
>>
Step 1: go to NEARBY wooded area, im not trying to promote spreading invasives long distances here.
2: find some ailanthus/tree of heaven
3: lob small bit of root over his fence or bury where he won't notice (all you need is a little bit of the root, the plant is VERY regenerative)
4: stock up on some garlon 4/3A to defend your turf with
5: ??????
6: profit as his yard is overtaken by invasive species.
Alternatively annoying plant, devils walking stick, but its not as easy to find as tree of heaven, and I dont know its invasiveness but it is a damn annoying plant. Ugly, spiky, sap will burn you, toxic cloud smoke if the plant is burned.
>>
>>2422732
Maybe chuck some cannabis seeds onto his property and call the cops when they start growing?
>>
>>2422732
Morning glory is the fastest if you just want a huge mess and instant wall, the vines will remain year after year.
This is not the best option, but you're not going to get enough growth unless you go buy a wal mart or Lowes plant that's already vining.

A good one is to get a bag of potatoes, rinse thoroughly to get rid of spud inhibitors, and plant potato halves near any construction. This is subtle, fast and absolutely destroys foundations and sometimes walls. It won't wreck many other plants though.
>>
>>2422993
>>2422977
This is some pretty creative shit over here, wtf have you guys done this before.
>>
>>2422732

Roundup should work
>>
>>2423185
No
>>2423182
No
>>
File: Michael Bay Goats.gif (2MB, 320x173px) Image search: [Google]
Michael Bay Goats.gif
2MB, 320x173px
>planting invasives

http://easthamptonstar.com/news/2014508/bamboo-more-battle-its-war

I can tell most of you are underaged. You are not allowed on 4chan. Please stop viewing this website.
>>
File: wisteria-damage.jpg (231KB, 866x1390px) Image search: [Google]
wisteria-damage.jpg
231KB, 866x1390px
Go for Wisteria. It is a gnarly vine that will tear down trees, shrubs, and even pull the roof off of a house. It doesn't grow that fast, but it compensates in sheer strength.
>>
>>2423194
>easthamptonstar.com/news/bamboo-scares-folks
fucking rich people need better shit to worry about
>>
File: Photo No 11.jpg (304KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
Photo No 11.jpg
304KB, 768x576px
>>2422732
>fast growing
>notoriously difficult to kill
>several meters in height, blocking out the sun
>secretes chemicals that suppress the growth of other plants
>immense root system
>can regrow from a gumball sized root fragment
>will damage foundations if left untreated
>rapes property values
>>
>>2423803
I hate this fucking shit so much, my most hated plant

The only thing that even approaches it is Heracleum mantegazzianum.
>>
>>2423810
Ha peter
>>
>>2422732
I grow dandelions for my neighbors
>>
File: 2011.jpg (309KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
2011.jpg
309KB, 1600x1200px
>>2423803
This

Personally I'm battling red trumpet vine and it is the plant from hell. Pretty flowers, but it sends shoots anywhere in a 40ft radius and isn't the least bothered by pruning to the ground or roundup. It wants nothing more than to get under your siding and tear your house apart.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.