[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just brought home my new puppy today and she isn't doing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: malamute-husky-mix.jpg (103KB, 808x808px) Image search: [Google]
malamute-husky-mix.jpg
103KB, 808x808px
I just brought home my new puppy today and she isn't doing much. Before when I was picking her up she was excited, running around. But now at my house she's just resting, barely moving. I tried to offer her her dinner since she hasn't eaten since 7AM but she just pushes it away.

Is something wrong? Is she sick?
>>
>>2421786

you just took her away from everything she knew and was familiar with into a completely strange place: with YOU, a stranger.

give her a while bro
>>
>>2421786
Probably parvo take her to a vet
>>
>>2421792

I sure hope it's this

and not >>2421798 this.

So should I just leave her in her crate until morning? It's only 7PM here...She hasn't eaten in 12 hours, I'm just worried she'll be hungry or she'll poop in her crate.
>>
>>2421820
Take her outside and give her some time to potty. Put her to bed with a blanket with mom's scent.
>>
>>2421822

Thing is she doesn't move around much when I let her out. She just curls up in a ball and lays there.

I've tried picking her up, but she doesn't like that. The moment I bend down to sweep her up, she flattens against the ground. How close to bedtime should I take her to the bathroom?
>>
Take her to get checked up and get blood work from a vet. Could be an intestinal disease or something like parvo. Low appetite and lethargy and very bad signs if it keeps going on and can lead to something terrible too fast before you can stop it. Don't wait please if it takes more than a few days to go away. She may be just adjusting for now.
>>
>>2421827
Once an hour for every month old she is. 3 months = every 3 hours up to 8-10 hours and an hour after every meal
>>
>>2421830

She was very lively when I went to pick her up from her previous owner. Plus she had a sister and mom and dad. I'm HOPING she's just homesick and it's not a disease. I'm gonna call the vet tomorrow. I know she needs her shots and a check up.

>>2421834
okay. I hope she feels better.
>>
She's breathing pretty fast guys. I'm worried.
>>
>>2421874

Any discharge coming from her eyes? Is she drinking? Has sheba had anything to drink? Can you call the breeder to ask if the sister is doing well?
>>
>>2421890
Her eyes look moist, but no real discharge.

She hasn't been drinking. I don't know if it's because of the bowl or if she isn't thirsty.
>>
>>2421874
Is it hot where you are? huskies are bred for cooler climate so it could be that.
>>
>>2421896

She should be thirsty by now. Try to hold an ice cube in your palm and see if she'll lick it. When was the last time she urinated/pooped and what was the consistency? (Dark/light, solid/liquid)
>>
>>2421899

We got AC on, I don't think she's that hot since she wasn't oout that much today or was she running around prior.

I'll give that a shot! Last time she went pee was an hour ago, but she just tinkled if anything. I can't get her to go poo.
>>
>>2421900

She's licking the ice cube! I don't know why she wont' drink out of the bowl I got for her. Is she just afraid of the bowl or something?
>>
>>2421909
could be! my pup hated his steel bowls at first and would only drink from plastic
>>
>>2421920

I'm using a copper bowl. Maybe that's why. I need to find a plastic bowl.
>>
>>2421925
just use a tupperware container or something for now if you have one?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.