[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the healthiest, best canned wet cat food available?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 0eaa14d11e8930f5.jpg (46KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
0eaa14d11e8930f5.jpg
46KB, 400x400px
What are the healthiest, best canned wet cat food available? Price isn't an obstacle.
>>
I would go raw if price wasn't an issue.

There's raw prepared diets on the market. Not sure how it ranks, but Instinct is one of them
>>
>>2420987
Dude, thats the dumbest shit ive read all day and belive me ive read some stupid shit today from trumpies.. if you put your cat on a raw diet his natrual instict will kick in and 40% of the times your cat will run away while theres a 15% chance he will bite your throat while you sleep..if money isnt a issue just buy the most expensive brand at petco youll feel good about yourself
>>
Bumpo
>>
Tykki Cat
>>
Merrick is good
>>
Weruva
>>
>>2422019
lol
>>
>>2422019
>trumpies
Shut the fuck up you gutless libshit. You should really re-read what you've just written before complaining about retarded posts.
>>
What to avoid;
>All dry foods
>Any grains
>Contains carbohydrate fillers (corn, soy)
>Contains by-products
>Contains carrageenan (may cause cancer)
>Fish-based foods (potential mercury poisoning)
>GMOs
>toxic ingredients (yes, some pet food companies put in stuff that is straight toxic to cats and dogs)
>any vegetable

What to look for
>Meat is the first ingredient (should be named Chicken or Beef, NOT just 'meat')
>fat source that is named
>Vitamins, especially Vitamins C and E
>Has taurine
>the food is fit for human consumption
>made in a first world country
>organic

That is about as picky as I can get honestly. If you want to read more about diet;
http://www.sahjasiamese.com/index_files/foodcomparisonchart.htm
>>
>>2422019
>the liberal thought process in all its glory
>>
i like EVO
>>
File: IMG_6432.jpg (40KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6432.jpg
40KB, 480x480px
>>2422019

Stop reading anime you idiot.
>>
>>2423775
Why are byproducts bad if they're named (like chicken byproducts)?
>>
File: a kot christmas.jpg (343KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
a kot christmas.jpg
343KB, 1280x960px
a soggy mouse
>>
>>2423775
>any vegetable

What's wrong with having a minor amount of vegetables? Cats do eat grass and shit in the wild.
>>
>>2423842
Not to mention the grains/berries/veggies their prey may have eaten. Even though it's not a lot.

People see veggies/fruits/fish/carrageenan/rice/starch/other scary things in the ingredients list, but I don't think they realize how small the fraction of those things really break down into. I wish the labels started have piecharts.
>>
>>2420961
Caviar mixed with Goose Pate with a Escargot topper along with the finest sparkling water imported from Iceland running in a self cooling running cat fountian. For cat treats take the finest New York Rib eye and dice it into small edible cubes (lightly seared in truffle oil). If you really want to be lavish, you could also spoil your kitty with some Imported Fatty Albacore Tuna, garnished with light lamb sauce and lobster meat, with Kobe Beef cubes (seared in truffle oil ) as a treat.
>>
>>2423775
You don't need to feed your cat organic shit unless you can afford stuff that is $2.50 per can. If you can then more power to you, my cats quite frankly are content with their friskies.
>>
>>2424083
Shit i hear you brotheroo, my cats are as well quite farley content w/leftovers mainly stale bread. Cats love us either way
>>
>>2424083
I bet the children of poverty-stricken people are quite content eating fast food 3-6 days a week, since it tastes good and they don't know any better. Doesn't mean it's a good diet.

There's a reasonable middleground to be found between $2.50/can canned hyperscience vitasteroids and shit Friskies, which is the kitty equivalent of McDonald's. Most of the quoted anon's criteria can be met by ~$1/5.5oz can brands like Taste of the Wild.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.