[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My dog was eating grass last night. This morning it was vomiting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 20170702_020440.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170702_020440.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
My dog was eating grass last night. This morning it was vomiting small patches with grass in the vomit and was drooling alot more than usual. It didnt eat its dinner tonight and threw up inside at 8pm what appeared to be a scentless clear liquid. At midnight it threw up alot of bad smelling liquid with white foam in it and at 2am it just threw up this red coloured absolutely foul smelling liquid. I can drive to nearest after hours vet surgery and get him there in 4hrs or wait 6hrs and take him to our usual surgery when it opens.

I have full pet insurance so not worried financially about getting him to the vet, just looking for how to ride out the night with him. He doesnt seem to have any pain when I press his abdomen. The internet is saying omit water for 12hrs and also to give him as much water as possible so not sure on that one.
>>
he should be fine. it looks like he got food poisoning. still take him in because im just a dude on the internet for fucks sake.
>>
can you call the emergency vet and get an opinion from them? i think waiting the extra two hours would be better than driving 4 hours with a sick dog.
>>
>>2420699
>my dog
>it

Thumbs up for not anthropomorphizing your pet. Too bad you didn't keep that up throughout the remainder of your post.
>>
>>2420713
I agree. I hate it when people ASSUME their pets gender. It's fucking wrong to assign your dog pronouns based on their sex organs.
>>
>>2420699

Ring the emergency vets, send them an email through of the vomit if they ask. Worth a phone call to them definately.

Has he eaten anything recently that might have upset his tummy? Do you know if he's eaten anything dodgy (so thinking socks/anything non-edible)? Is he drinking? How is he generally?
>>
Dogs eat grass. Not because they're sick, or hungry or any reason other that they want to and they can. It's a dog thing. Dog is dog.
Yellow bile and a wad of grass is par for the course. At least you didn't step in it. Only time I'd worry is if the gras had recently been sprayed with a pesticide. And then you'll know it, but unless symptoms are acute, or dog is little, there's not much to do but try and avoid a repeat.
https://g.co/kgs/tUFvMA
Link to a solid canine first aid book.
>>
Give him water or let him lick ice cubes. Dehydration will be a problem.

Also try and feed him a little plain white rice. It sounds like he ate the grass on an empty stomach, it irritated his stomach, and now he's throwing up bile. You want to fill his stomach with something a little bland so his own stomach acid doesn't keep irritating his insides. Then get to the vet asap.
>>
>>2420729

Don't do this. If you're worried he's eaten any foreign object the last thing you want to do is feed him, as that could interfere with any sedation the vet needs to do for x-rays/removal of said object.
>>
>>2420712

Its just a call center and they get an oncall vet to open up.

>>2420713
Yes, I train and work with the dog in some way at least an hour a day more likely 3 on work days and will spend the weekend doing scent work and obedience. I have a bond with the dog as a handler so often I will use that terminology. You would be incorrect in assuming that means the dogs are on the furniture, are treat trained and wear clothes.

>>2420725
I cant think of anything, his shits look normal.

>>2420727
Thanks looks like a good book to pick up.

>>2420729
He has been drinking alot of water, I just took it away from him 3hrs ago and he hasnt thrown up since. He is sleeping but will give him some more when he wakes up on his own accord.
>>
>>2420699
same thing happened to my dog recently, vet gave him vitamins and antibiotics and he got well soon enough
>>
OP here, vet did some tests and gave us some medication and special food.

Thanks guys.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.