[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /an/ think about cannabis and animals? I have a couple

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: download (2).jpg (8KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
8KB, 318x159px
What does /an/ think about cannabis and animals? I have a couple of friends who do this to their animals. Is it dangerous? Safe? Why do people do it to them?
>>
It is abusive. Chemically induced high affects different species in different ways. Typically animals will respong with fear, aggression, or both as they do not understand what is happening to them.

Now, that said there are some species in the wild that get high intentionally. Dolphins do it by bumping their noses against puffer fish to get some of the venom. They even knock the puffer fish around between them like a group of teenagers passing a joint. Birds, especially magpies, are known to eat spoiled fruit (apples) to get drunk.
>>
I have done it with my tiel.
I dont think its right, and its abusive.
My bird seem to like it, she stays very calm, like to eat a lot (i wonder why) and is even more receptive to petting, but you cant guarantee your animal will like, and bad trips are a thing.

I dont do it anymore btw, nothing wrong came out of it, but the animal has absolutely no choice on the matter and is unfair to them.

It not gonna kill it nor its going to leave permanent damage or scars, but remember that weed causes paranoia and increases your heartbeat, so be aware of your pet temperament and health problems.
>>
animal abuse

anyone who says otherwise (ie youtube comments) are fucking retards and kill their pets off within 2 years
>>
>>2420515
do not coerce but let animal chose whether it wants to smoke cannabis
t. ancap
>>
>>2420515
It's dumb and shows how dumb the pet owner is. Chemicals effect different animals differently, and what might be fine for us can be deadly to other animals. Let's say the only thing weed did to animals was the same thing it does to people; an animal doesn't understand what is going on and would probably go into a very still state or try sleeping it off until it's over. Animals don't know what a 'high' is and changing their state of mind causes stress no matter how that state of mind is. Why do you think we lock dogs and cats in tiny cages after surgery? When they begin to come to, they screech and holler, or will roll around and thrash. They don't know what is happening, we can't explain it to them and they are scared. Then there's the whole bit about the smoke. Humans evolved inhaling shit we shouldn't. So now we are really good at it. Animals however, never have and their lungs are much more fragile than ours, not to mention smaller. Especially birds, why any bird owner would do this to a bird is just beyond me, unless they are just dumb and don't know any better. I mean you can't cook with Teflon in your house but you'll blow unfiltered smoke in it's face? At least with a dog or cat you may not know about their fragile lungs but to keep a bird alive you have to know that shit already. Stoners try to say their animal makes a conscience decision to get high by being near then when they smoke, but a more rational explanation is the animal just wants to be near you. First off you'd be acting different and strange so they would probably want to investigate. But also pot heads tend to spend much more time giving their animal attention when they are high, so obviously the animal would take advantage of that. Making a conscience decision like that alone is anthropomorphizing. It just boggles me that people don't think of that. Keep in mind idgaf if you smoke pot or even about your pet. I just want to stop all this inane misinformation spreading.
>>
>>2420515
Drug users shouldn't be allowed to own pets in the first place.
>>
>>2420515
If you are physically holding your pet down and forcing the smoke into their lungs then it is animal abuse.

However, animals are not retarded 2 year old children in fursuits. The only thing worse than furries are idiots who anthropomorphize animals. Like most of the idiots in this thread claiming weed is abusive.

Let your animals choose for themselves. If your cat or dog or whatever is a total stoner and chases after you and claws at your door whenever it smells weed then fine. Let them get baked off of second hand smoke. If your pet doesn't like it then fine, let them go outside or relax in a well ventilated area.

Animals can and do understand the concept of getting intoxicated. They do it all the time. Shit, bumblebees love getting drunk off of saffron pollen and nectar. They will literally lay on the saffron flowers all night and day drinking it up. But honeybees are too industrious and don't allow themselves to become drunk.
>>
>>2420710
This, if your dog is a total chocolate addict and chases after you and claws at your door whenever it smells chocolate then fine, let them eat chocolate. Your dog wouldn't eat it if it didn't like it.
>>
>>2420716
There is a huge fucking difference between feeding your dog something that you know is toxic and letting them get a contact high.

Wild deer raid illegal pot farms all the time. And no one has ever found deer laying around dead with a stomach full of bud.
>>
>>2420718
devils advocate, but cannabis buds have to be dried/heated (decarboxylated) to be psychoactive. just munching a live plant wont get dogs, deer, or humans high.
>>
>>2420724
Yes, but the point I'm making is that it isn't toxic. Whether the weed gets you high or not is irrelevant.

If a full grown deer can eat multiple weed plants, stems, leaves, buds, and all without any ill side effects then a dog or cat can handle a few puffs from their owner sitting on the couch in the same room as them.

Weed isn't like nicotine. Nicotine causes cancer no matter what form it is in. Smoke, chew, or the juice in epens.

So yes, everyone in this thread claiming it is animal abuse is a fucking retard. Smoking weed around your pets is a hell of a lot less dangerous for them than smoking tobacco.

I fucking hate this logic that just because something is illegal it's automatically bad. And if something is legal than it is automatically harmless.
>>
>>2420730
t. shitty owner
>>
>>2420730
nicotine is a natural insecticide that acts as a stimulant in mammals. dangerous in high doses but not carcinogenic as far as anyone can tell.

cats and dogs seem to handle 2nd hand weed smoke about as well as humans in my experience - ie. no big deal. birds are a hell of a lot more sensitive, to all kinds of things in the air.
>>
>>2420730
>Nicotine causes cancer no matter what form it is in

All smoke is inherently carcinogenic unless you are literally burning pure hydrocarbons, anon. It doesn't matter how pure and natural it is, you can smoke a daily joint of wildflowers and it will still damage your lungs even without some evil scientist sneaking cancer-causing chemicals into your daisy buds. You can argue that tobacco smoke contains more carcinogens, but that doesn't mean either is safe, particularly for pets such as birds that are especially sensitive to airborne pollutants.
>>
>>2420730
Because something that isn't poisonous to one animal is always fine for every other animal, too.

Tell that to all the people who had their dogs die from chocolate or xylitol.
>>
>>2420716
I'm not an advocate for giving your dog pot or anything, but milk and dark chocolate aren't lethal even in pretty big doses, milk chocolate especially. Not that it's good to give it to them at all. It's the pure baker's chocolate that's super toxic. Dogs have a better chance of dying from ingesting weed and weed brownies that eating a tin of chocolate fudge brownies. But baker's chocolate I'd say is probably more likely to kill a dog than ingesting weed. That's just for dogs there is little to no info on eating pot brownies for cats or other pets.
>>
>>2420730
I think you're the retard here. Besides not understanding all smoke is bad for pets, no one in this thread even hinted that giving pot to an animal is bad because its illegal. In fact almost everyone itt gave scientific facts and even short biology and chemistry lessons on why it's bad. You're putting words in mouths. No one here who is against blowing pot smoke into an animals face would condone other legal things like blowing cigarette smoke into an animals face or getting them drunk on alcohol.
>>
>>2420730

You are a very childish, basic person who is incapable of thinking beyond himself.

Keep justifying abusing animals because you don't want to deal with the fact that maybe you did a shitty thing - you would never admit you're wrong, your ego wouldn't allow it.
>>
my friend had a dog who seemed to enjoy it. it was only ever offered to him, not forced upon him. he was into it for a while and then only rarely after that. showed no signs of negative impact and he died at a normal age. i wouldn't do it with my own pets though it doesn't really feel right, even on the offchance they might enjoy it.
>>
>>2420700
Every species tested with cannabinoid exposure has a sky high LD/50. Even when you INJECT PURE THC into dogs it takes 130mg/kg to put half of them down. Orally? That climbs to 3600mg/kg. The average joint has about 35mg of THC.

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/hemp/medical/ch5.htm

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0041008X73

>Thus, the dose of THC which kills 50 per
cent of animals (LD50) when administered intravenously is 40mg/kg in
the rat but 130mg/kg in the dog and monkey (Rosencrantz, 1983).

>In dogs and monkeys, single oral doses of Δ9-THC and Δ8-THC between 3000 and 9000/mg/kg were nonlethal.

I want all the bioplebs ITT to leave /an/ and go back to /ck/ where they can rant about theobromine to their hearts content.

>b-b-but animulz cant consent guys
>>
File: 1495072900741.jpg (28KB, 540x489px) Image search: [Google]
1495072900741.jpg
28KB, 540x489px
>>2420515
Me and some friends got my cat high a few years ago and it was perfectly fine.
Don't worry about it. Animals are exposed to all kinds of chemicals in nature, so they can handle most drugs fairly well.

>>2420530
>>2420667
>>2420700
>>2420705
Are retarded fear mongerers who need to chill the fuck out.
So far, nobody has died from weed and crying about muh animal aboose while feeding your pets factory farmed meat is pure irony anyway.
>>
>>2420836

Nobody here has once suggested that it will kill them you fucking retard. Way to completely miss the point.

>>2420843
>Animals are exposed to all kinds of chemicals in nature, so they can handle most drugs fairly well.

This is the level of intelligence you can expect from someone who gets their animals high.
>>
>>2420515
>What does /an/ think about cannabis and animals?
I like pot, and animals as well.
>>
>>2420515
My cat smokes weed all the time. But not through my help. Whenever myself or someone else in the house is smoking up, we keep the doors shut for smoke control and my cat is always laying on the floor with his nose under the door crack trying to inhale the smoke on the other side of the door. So I guess it is a yes, my cat does get stoned, but not from any of us. He just seeks it himself.
>>
>>2420515
I smoke pretty regularly and I don't condone forcing an animal to get high. Just be considerate of the smell of smoke. I ended up vaping when my dog was around as he seemed to appreciate not having to deal with the smoke.
>>
>>2420845
>Chemicals effect different animals differently, and what might be fine for us can be deadly to other animals

>Nobody here has once suggested that it will kill them you fucking retard. Way to completely miss the point

>Chemicals effect different animals differently, and what might be fine for us can be deadly to other animals

>what might be fine for us can be deadly to other animals

>can be deadly to other animals

>deadly

>to

>other

>animals

Can you like, read the post I replied to before you activate your autism gene?
>>
>>2420874
Holy shit your reading comprehension is utter shit. Saying chemicals that are ok for humans CAN (not definitely will) be deadly to animals does not mean they're saying pot is deadly to animals. They are saying chemicals have different effects on different organisms... What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>2420843
>Feeding your pet is more dangerous than forcing an animal to inhale smoke
That's teenagers for ya.
>>
>>2420915
>I was wrong
>I got proven wrong
>Let me backpedal and pretend i was never talking about cannabis in the thread about giving cannabis to animals
>>
>>2420916
>killing millions of baby chickens is okay to feed muh puppy

Dogfags in their narcissism never cease to astound me. In terms of sheer suffering the pet food industry has a lot to say for itself. But you wouldn't care about that, because it involves an animal that isn't canis lupus domesticus! Clearly, muh meme 10000 year evolushin means every other animal on earth inc. other humans which could easily be eating that food is worthless

Dogfags should be hanged publicly.
>>
>>2420920
Try to pretend chemicals specifically meant marijuana. You can't change the English language to discredit others. Why do all pot heads have to have a victim complex
>>
>>2420922
So you're vegan right? If not, then you have no right to tell people that they shouldn't care about x because y is worse.
>>
>>2420920

That wasn't actually me dumbass.

But really, everyone knows it won't kill them. Killing them isn't the problem. Just like the effect its had on you, it makes them retarded.

(Don't bother with the sXe moralfag shit, I smoked weed every day for 10 years and the only reason I stopped is because I moved to a country where its basically non-existant. But I'm also not some dishonest weed apologist who plays down the negatives because I don't want to deal with the reality of my poor choices.)
>>
Hey I love weed but don';t fucking get your animals high. What the fuck this is the dumbest shit and its abusive
>>
>>2420705
Alcohol is a drug too. Good luck telling most of the population they can't own an animal because they enjoy beer/wine/etc
>>
>>2421005
>if i can get high then so can the cat xD

Multiple people have told me this.
>>
Im surprised no one really went into depth about the actual smoke and the link to respiratory infection and lung health.
Any smoke, doesnt matter, will affect your pets lungs much more than yours, considering how much smaller they are. If you're a chronic smoker/force your animals to inhale smoke, they will inevitably get lung problems, such as emphysema or lung cancer. Doesn't matter if your pet 'likes' being high, dont give them smoke of any kind.
>>
>>2420710
Nigga you're the one anthropomorphizing animals, saying they can consent to being around drugs because they show signs of wanting to be around YOU when you're high. You're also in a sense saying you can fuck a dog that consents because it's scratching at your door to come in when you're j/oing - we are owners who look out for things that rely on instinctual response, not conscious choice. Would you let your kid stay in the room when you're smoking pot just because they like when you're silly and more affectionate? No. If the kid was nonverbal your argument would stand to say that they want to be high, not that they like being around you while YOURE high. For fucks sake. Consent implies an adult conscious decision, animals cannot make that choice, we have to for them.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.