[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need advice on how to teach my beagle to be less of a beagle(?)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170629_054838[1].jpg (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170629_054838[1].jpg
2MB, 1440x2560px
I need advice on how to teach my beagle to be less of a beagle(?)

My sister got a beagle a few months back and this guy just seems to be either stupid or pure bred. Its hard to get his attention once he's fixated on something. Whenever someone is sweeping or mopping, he chases the thing around. If I let it sleep outside, its gonna spend the entire night destroying all the plants and garbage.

This didnt really bother me until a few days ago when my sister got another dog in the house, a puppy poodle.

You see, the beagle had like 4 months over the poodle puppy and the size difference is clearly noticeable. Its like a cow compared to an elephant. I'm trying to teach it not to think the poodle is prey but all my efforts seem to be failing. A couple of hours ago, I left the 2 alone and watched them from afar. The beagle started circling the puppy, while occasionally barking and stepping at it. When the puppy finally moved, the beagle bit at its leg and threw it up (like that racoon vs monkey vid).

He's in a cage right now but I'm sure if I let him out, he'll just bee line towards the puppy again.

How do I teach him not to treat the puppy the same way he treats roaches?
>>
>>2420279
Please, I really need help.

He's in the cage again because he just wont stop bothering the little puppy. If I let him out, he just goes straight for the puppy, constantly sniffing and occassionally stepping on her. If the puppy runs, he runs after her with his front legs high up (with the intention of smacking the poor puppy to the ground)
>>
>>2420279
How young was the beagle when taken away from his mother?

The other shit just sounds like he's a beagle.
>>
Contact a dog trainer
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.