[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a bit scared, guise. My little Coco wasn't acting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8

I'm a bit scared, guise. My little Coco wasn't acting her usual hyperactive and spiritley self this afternoon and was instead laying motionless in the corner of her cage. She didn't even move like usual when she saw me approach with food or come out to run around the yard when I opened the bun pen.

Now I did see her get up, start humping her cagemate, and stuffing her face with the veggies I gave them moments before I came back inside, so I'm hoping to god that she was just resting, but it would be the first time I've ever seen her so dejected and unresponsive like that.

If she's still acting weird in the morning I'm taking her to the vet. I just hope she's not sick or suffering some kind of organ failure bullshit that small, frail animals are prone to.
>>
>>2419184

I'm not a vet or anything, but you should get her checked out OP. A dead bun isn't a happy bun.
>>
>>2419195
I'll be checking on her first thing in the morning and taking her if anything is off. My fears are tempered somewhat by her sudden bout of hunger and horniness not long ago, and she was perfectly normal this morning too. One more thing to note is that she did move between floors of the cage a few times to lay down, so the more I think about it, the more it seems like she was just having a nap (I hope).
>>
File: 1498548274974.jpg (38KB, 551x367px) Image search: [Google]
1498548274974.jpg
38KB, 551x367px
>>2419184
Godspeed, bun.
>>
Is she spayed and how old is she? I lost my first rabbit to ovarian cancer when she was five. Didn't spay her because I was a retard and thought she was male.
>>
>>2419208
She's almost 2. Not spayed, but perhaps I should change that. I hadn't got it done because our male is neutered and we didn't think it was necessary/want to put her through that.
>>
File: 20170326_154455.jpg (2MB, 2880x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170326_154455.jpg
2MB, 2880x2160px
>>2419214
Yeah, get her spayed. Almost all females get ovarian cancer after like 2 or 3 if they haven't bred. I learned that the hard way and it sucked ass. More than I expected because of how sudden it was.
>>
>>2419215
Will do. I'll be calling every vet nearby to compare prices and experience
>>
>>2419215
>>2419216
I hope that's not what it is and I'm just worrying for nothing. Losing rabbits fucking sucks. They have all the personality of a dog but are more prone to just dying
>>
>>2419216
Good luck. She doesn't sound like she's in pain and she is young, but it's worth getting done. I'll be getting my current two rabbits spayed and neutered next month as soon as they're big enough.
>>
>>2419218
Yeah. I was always a reptile and cat person but my first rabbit just popped into my life unintentionally. Couldn't keep her in a cage for long so she had free roam of the house. Not having a little bun running around under my feet, meeting me after I come home from work or begging for food was an unexpected level of depressing after five years.
>>
>>2419220
I always underestimated just how utterly devastated I would be if I lost her until this little scare. I couldn't bare the guilt if she died because I never bothered to get her spayed, not to mention her bunfriends grief.

It's gonna suck separating them while she heals though.

>>2419225
I used to let my boy have free run of the bathroom, hallway, and my bedroom when it was just him. Coco has been really hard to litter train though. Still bring them inside a night or two every week to have a sleepover instead of being in their cage all night. I'd love to bring them up more often but cleaning up all the puddles and spray marks is a constant effort while she learns.
>>
File: 20170623_005552.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170623_005552.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>2419226
It'll be worth it in the long run, but yeah, I don't know how mine will deal with being separated either. They just smash themselves together into a furious cuddle cluster most of the day. Bonded as hell.

You've got some good looking buns. Should be easier to litter train Coco after she's spayed too, but I know the pain of difficult learners now. My lop, Bison, hasn't been having the easiest time with it but the Netherland dwarf girl figured it out fast.
>>
>>2419228
Yeah mine spend almost all of their time either smashed together like that or licking each other. I'm going to have to let them have short, supervised visits while she recovers.

Also she seems to be getting the hang of it. Most recently she actually went the whole night without wetting the floor, so hopefully she keeps it up. Then they can always be inside

>>2419215
>>2419228
Gorgeous bun buns beeteedubs
>>
>>2419233
Also this is Oreo, because I'm so creative with names
>>
Update: she's fine lol. Just went out back to check on her and now my hands and face are coated with bunny lick.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.