[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What organization is genuinely pro animal? If I wanted to leave

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: 1475094029094.jpg (109KB, 640x482px) Image search: [Google]
1475094029094.jpg
109KB, 640x482px
What organization is genuinely pro animal? If I wanted to leave all my inheritance for animals, what should I donate to?
>>
>>2416385
None, if you have a large enough sum just create your own organization

If find a humane society that follows your values the closest, contrary to popular belief most humane societies are not associated with each other and as such sum can be no kill or low kill and some charge for intake and some dont
>>
http://www.hsi.org
>>
>>2416385
Just donate to your local rehab center. I'm sure they'll be able to do more, considering the big animal activism groups are in general pieces of shit (see PETA) and the smaller ones probably won't be able to do anything regardless.
>>
Leave it to an organization with conditions, like the money can only be used on certain things like food or a new wing so they can hold more animals longer
>>
>>2416385
Donate to whatever organization you think has the best chance of wiping out humans.
>>
>>2416635
The Open Society Foundation already has plenty of funding, thank you.
>>
What breed or species of kitten is that?
>>
>>2416581
Who said anything about activists faggot? The OP is clearly interested in actual hands-on organizations
>>
Probably your local shelter if it's not shit, or a shelter that generally supports no kill through non-shitty methods. Do research on them until you find a good one. Most "activism" or "advocacy" groups are a money sink and go into the pockets of jobless middle aged women.

>>2416648
OSF is pro animal overbreeding, though.
>>
pick a national park of some such, those can't really run away with your money and stuck with the whole ecosystem to look for which is the hardest
for example if they have lakes with the need to clean it every year
>>
>>2417030
Was thinking something similar but Natl Parks are notorious for their waste.

OP I'd say give it to a local wildlife refuge if you have one near you. Most of them operate mainly on donations (they get federal funding too, but barely enough) so they wouldn't remain open unless people contributed.
>>
It depends on what is your goal. If it is about well-being of pet animals, perhaps there are some good rescue/shelter places where it could help them. If it is about a larger picture of maintaining endangered species, etc. that is something I could talk about for hours and there are a lot of red pills to be taken.

I am very much in the zoo/wildlife business, and it is completely different to what is the common knowledge. If you are serious and if it is a significant amount of money, I could write a wall of text, but preferably privately if possible.

But it depends purely on what is your goal. If it is to get poor dogs off the street into a happier state, I don't know, but if it is about endangered species, I am the person to talk to. Both goals are noble and worth it though.
>>
>>2416385
Any white nationalist organization will do. Nobody will care about animals if whites go extinct.
>>
>>2416588
This. I'm doing this for my local highschool's art department and they have to use the money on good shit that is achival and actually student grade, not crayola. Obviously it'll only last so long, but you can call the shots that way, whatever org may decide to use it on vending machines for the workers for all you know. Just make sure you make it fool proof, no loopholes.
>>
>>2419045
Could you drop those red pills then? Not OP but I'd like to know what you're talking about.
>>
>>2416385
Leave it to a sanctuary. Not an "organization". Or just leave it all to me..
>>
>>2416385
Tyson
>>
>>2416588
And who's going to enforce it? They'll have to hire some third party to monitor and audit their spending. Not worth it to them.
>>
>>2419045
>>2419574
Seconded, what are the redpills for trying to maintain endangered species? Sounds like this information is important.
>>
https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.results&cgid=1&cuid=2&sortby=overallrtg

Sorted by rating
>>
>>2419872
Sounds like some conspiracy theory BS
>>
>>2419872
Thirded
>>
>>2416635
That's called taxes, and OP is probably already paying them enough.
>>
You could always leave all your money to me and I'd sign a contract promising to buy the largest animal possible with it.
>>
>>2419872
redpill is quite the cliche anymore.

By the time most species get acknowledged and put on the endangered species list, their gene pool is small enough the chance of them having a healthy and meaningful recovery is quite low.

Most funding goes to cute endangered species, rather than ones that are critical to their biome.
>>
WWF
any conservation / climate actiob organization:
Sierra Club
NRDC
>>
>>2419872
It's good to protect biodiversity insofar as feasible because it can't be replicated later at will by us.
We can stop doing industry and start up again any time. We can stop making SUV and start again within a year any time.
We can't manufacture complex life. When a species goes extinct, that information is lost from our universe for all time.
Also, I air on the side of minimizing human-facilitated suffering wherever possible.
>>
>>2416385
RSPCA in like Australia England and quite a few more countries. They do worlds of wonderful work for animals
>>
>>2419611
Your lawyer typically. They show paperwork showing that the money goes where it should and then they get the money
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.