[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to own a pet ferret, what should i know before even considering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

I want to own a pet ferret, what should i know before even considering to buy one?
>>
it's like a cat but destructive and smellier
>>
they're fairly social so you should probably get two if possible.
>>
They don't smell as bad as you think as long as you keep their shit clean. They have a bit of a musk smell but not bad.
Ferret proof anything you want them to stay out of.
Get 2, if you can't afford 2 then you can't afford 1 desu.
Get good food. High protein, no fillers, 20% fat.
Litter boxes in every corner

They're not all that destructive. Mine scratched up the couch a little but that's it.

They're real pets. Get them vaccinated, spend time with them, be ready to commit the time.

I rage at the amount of "I just don't have time so but my ferrets" posts on CL
>>
>>2414365
Buy*
>>
>>2414300
They need a lot more time and space than you think for an animal that size. Think of the commitment more like a Jack Russel than a guinea pig.
>>
The females will literally die if they go into season and aren't mated with so unless you want ferret babies it's best to spay females.
>>
most ones you find at pet stores are already fixed and de scented, which helps a lot, but they still have a musk to them. for me, the musk isn't as bad, its their shit that is smelly. they have a very short digestive tract, and will literally poop all the time. my girlfriend used to have two, and, despite cleaning the litter box twice a day, still smelled pretty bad. also they don't live much longer than 5 years or so.
>>
>>2414300
They fucking stink.
>>
>>2415253
False
>>
File: 20150424_010243.jpg (955KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
20150424_010243.jpg
955KB, 1836x3264px
>>2414365
All of this. Ferrets are more like dogs or cats than hamsters or guinea pigs.

I used to have 2 ferrets myself and while they were lots of fun, they definitely need attention and care. This is just my experience, but my female was much crazier and would destroy anything she could chew. The male was lazier and bigger, much more of a lap boy. They like to hide, so make sure you ferret-proof any small spaces (under appliances, under furniture, etc). They will shit in any corner close to them, so litter training is a must. Make sure there is a vet nearby that will see ferrets; they are considered "exotic" by many vets. Luckily they sleep 20+ hours a day, but when they're awake you need to give them the love and care they need.

I loved mine when I had them but fuck, they were frustrating at times. Read up and be prepared because they can be adorable little troublemakers.
>>
Definitely get 2, they love to play, and they play hard, I had 2 brothers and an albino one that I adobted, best pets I ever had. And they shit everywhere as anon said above, litter training is a must and they use a special kind of litter, cat litter fucks up their paws and can cause urinary infactions
>>
>>2414310
>implying cats can't be smelly and destructive.
>>
>>2414310
>things i dont care about when someone tells me about owning a pet
>>
>>2415754
>doesn't care about something smelling bad and tearing up his stuff

Whatever retard. You deserve all the bad shit that happens to you in life.
>>
>>2414300
get some thick gloves
>>
>>2415949
Or, ya know, trim their nails and train them to not bite
>>
It's important to have a clear idea of the work load when considering ferrets. Too many people get interested in them because they read about how much they sleep and conclude they are easy.
>>
>>2414300
Definitely look into getting a couple ferrets if you want to repel all members of the opposite sex for eternity
>>
>>2416289
>train them to not bite

Yeah but until you manage that, get thick gloves.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.