[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it that I can name at least 20 dogs of the top of my head

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1497410897531.jpg (104KB, 692x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1497410897531.jpg
104KB, 692x1024px
Why is it that I can name at least 20 dogs of the top of my head where I live named bella or max? Why are those names so fucking popular? pic not related
>>
Yeah I can't throw a rock at the local state park without hitting a dog named Bella. Most of these people seem too old to be Twilight diehards, so I'm honestly at a loss.

I live in Massachusetts, so the male dog counterpart to Bella is Brady. That's more understandable.
>>
I was amazed how many people around here name their dog Ally (pronounced alley). Also D.O.G. (pronounced dee-oh-gee really quickly as if it's one word)
>>
>>2413674
Is it really that hard to come up with an original dog name?
>>
>tfw you kept the name the rescue gave for both your dogs
>>
>>2413674
I know a lot of kids named Bella.

As for dogs, every single female lab is named Bailey and I know at least five female dogs named Momma, which only one of them ever had puppies as far as I know.
I'm surprised I never met a dog named Rover or Rex even when being a hipster was popular. The white trash here has kids of their own now so I'm not hearing many Disels as much as I am Lily or Momma.

My sister was hell-bent on calling her new dog Dogmeat but she changed it after FO4 came out. Went to the vet with her and the looks she got was both embarrassing and hilarious.
>>
>>2413663
>>2413674
>>2413681
>>2413695
I've never met a dog with any of those names. You must all be Democrats living in Democrat areas. Dogs should have either a masculine name, or a comical name. Every dog I've ever had was named either Chopper or Nipples.
>>
>>2413663
I know a ton of pitbulls in my area named Bella or something as harmless to make them seem less scary to people. The pound was full of pitbulls named Bella and Daisy when I got my dog.
>>
The most frequent dog names I've seen around here are Maggie, Bella, Max, and Jack. These almost always apply to labs or golden retrievers for some reason as well...
>>
>>2413663
Lmao, I knew somebody with two dogs named max and bella
>>
>>2413705
>HURRRRR
>EVERYTHING I DONT LIKE IS BECAUSE OF LIBURALLS
Conservatives everyone.
>>
>>2415192
He said he met dogs named nipples it's a joke
>>
>>2413663
One reason is doggos have a harder time understanding the more syllables are in their name. I named my black Labraheeler Anubis. But wish I named him something with one or two syllables instead. I just end up calling him 'Nub's (pronounced Noob's) or I say his name hank hill style "Anuuuuuuuuuuuuuubis" and that works pretty well. And I have known several bella dogs.
>>
Yeah my english mastiff was named maximus but we called him max for short
>>
>>2413689
Nothing wrong with keeping a good name anon

.>>2413663
Holy fuck that's a qt border collie pup.
>>
>>2415330
Is it though anon, is it really? because if it was it wasn't funny and I come on the internet to laugh....mostly at ridiculous events like that pitbull that travelled several thousand miles back to his owner only to bite him.
>>
I've met heaps of dogs called Luna or Misha/Mishka, and they're almost always spitz breeds. Bella and Bailey are also pretty common.

I've also met at least 10 border collies this year called "Archie".
>>
When my sister dumped her dog on us, she tried to change his name to Max without any kind of conditioning.

His name from his previous owners was Spot, so we just call him that. It's cliche but at least he has a spot of his back.

She can't name her dogs for shit. Her first Schnauzer was Diamond, but she changed it to Luna.
>>
>>2413663
I almost thought that I don't know any dogs named Bella or Max but then I remembered one of my aunt's dogs is named Bella.
>>
File: IMG_0749.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0749.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>2415405
Are you me? I named my bulldog/boxer Maximus but we call max for short

Here's a pic for reference
>>
Can confirm, stupidly common names, along with
>Daisy
>Zeus
>Nacho
>Hercules
>Bentley
>Rex
There's tons of other common names but I can't think of them right now.

t. shelter worker
>>
I know a ton of dogs named Angel or Princess and they are always little shitheads.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.