[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on cats. My last rat just died, and no matter how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

Redpill me on cats.

My last rat just died, and no matter how inherently superior rats are to other animals, I can't get another one because it's too sad for me. But I need another animal because I'm lonely and people won't have me.
A cat would be ideal for me, but I've never been around cats long enough and desu I'm just not sold on them as an animal.
Is it possible to lower myself enough to become a cat person, after I have ascended from dog to rat person?
>>
File: Maisie tongue.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Maisie tongue.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
Cats are fantastic. I've owned cats and dogs my entire life (so I'm not a biased fanboi), as well as herbs and fish, and my current cat is my best animal friend.
They can be raised to mind their own business or be attached at your hip (kind of depends on breed as well), so you can basically make them into an animal that fits your needs. Of course cats do need some attention regardless though, and should be played with for a minimum of 30 minutes a day, and get pets and brushed. But most of the day they just lounge around, whether that's near you or in their own little kitty sanctuary is up to you.
>>
>>2412146
Oh? I've been told by my shitty relatives that cats are essentially random, and their personality is independent of their owner. I suspected this was horeseshit because those people are idiots.

So if I want I can make a cat really needy and affectionate? Thats what I want because I like cuddling animals all day and I have low self esteem.
>>
cats are stinky, diseased garbage and they live longer than you'll care to have them around

pick literally any other pet
>>
>>2412156
You've convinced me.
I'm going to the pet shop tomorrow to pick up three female and three male rats and let them flourish free in my apartment.
>>
File: 20160102_145433.jpg (654KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160102_145433.jpg
654KB, 2048x1152px
>>2412154
Well in that case I would look into a ragdoll or siamese cat, also do some research on cat breeds online and see which ones are supposed to be the friendliest.
Training the cat comes down to socializing it at an early age and continuing the socialization as it gets older. Playing with it, as I mentioned, is a great way to bond with your cat, and is recommended twice a day for 20-30 minutes, in the morning and at night. As a kitten teach it to come and its name by shaking a bag of treats and calling its name. Spend as much time petting the cat and having it sit with you or nearby as possible. This can be a little tough, and takes a bit of intuition, because you have to be able to read the cat, and understand when it wants to be petted, when it wants to be left alone, etc. But the knowledge will come if you spend enough time with it. Overall it is a very rewarding relationship.
>>
>>2412163
if filth and squalor is your end game
why not get both?
>>
>>2412164
I'm pretty good at animal intuition. Animals generally always like me, even cantankerous ones.

Do they really stink though? I'm used to rats which smell heavenly.

>>2412167
Rats are the cleanest animals.
And I would get both if I didn't think the cat would attack my rats. I would just break a cats back for doing that, and then I'd end up with no animals. If on the other hand, my rats worked as a team and killed the rat like in my favourite film Willard, I would love the rats even more and then be even more sad when they died.
>>
File: 20170211_201929.jpg (742KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170211_201929.jpg
742KB, 2048x1152px
>>2412169
No cats don't stink, I don't know where you heard that. They don't really have much of a scent. The only problem is when you are lazy and don't clean their cat litter regularly and then they may smell like piss. But that's just being an irresponsible pet owner.

Also if animals are raised together from a very early age they can get along quite well. It's always going to carry some risk, but you could research dual ownership online and be able to weigh the risk yourself.
>>
>>2412173
unless you clean it (dump out the whole thing and bleach it) twice a day. they smell like piss.

literally everyone with a cat has a house that smells like piss and pretends like they don't. just read through the cat general. it's just filled with people who smell like piss
>>
>>2412173
I heard that cats are stinky in this thread.

A relative's dog lunged for my rat a few weeks ago and that was enough for me to not consider it at all worth the risk. I'm just memeing about the rats. I want more, but they don't live long enough. I'm broken as fuck over my last rat.

I'm sure cats are convenient and charming domestic pets, but what are some cool things that will make me fall in love with the species?
Like, the smallest wild rat in a group will function as a poison tester for food they scavenge, and I consider this to mean that rats have heros. Rats help up with medicine, and they have hinged ribs and they help other rats, and they smell like sandalwood.

Can cats even compete? Aside from hunting, which I consider to be a negative quality in a potential friend, what can they do?
>>
>>2412175
You're right i can smell the piss through the internet
>>
Stop blogging about your vermin obsession.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.