[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I recently moved to a town house near the city centre of where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 1495946277111.jpg (44KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1495946277111.jpg
44KB, 640x360px
So I recently moved to a town house near the city centre of where I live, I have 2 cats, 1 of which hates outdoors but the other loves it.

I let the little man out for the first time today, and he started scaling the walls that connect the back yards of each house. I let him go about exploring for a couple hours when I decided to go out and have a look when he didn't come home when I called him for food.

Found him stuck on a wall a few doors down that has glass shards embedded all along it, his back leg was cut and had a shard in his front paw.

I've never lived in this kind of area before, but what the fuck is wrong with these people? I looked along the alley and there are multiple houses with shards of glass and other shit embedded into cement or glue on the tops of their walls. Is it wise to let him out in this area anymore? Even if he doesn't get injured by the glass, I don't doubt these fucking cunts would abuse him if he got stuck on one of their yards or something.

Any of you guys experienced this kinda shit before?
>>
>>2411729

Popular in the third world, I guess you are from South American or Africa

It keeps the robbers out, it keeps the stray animals out, it keeps cats out that will shit all over and scratch your stuff.

Your cat has now learned that this is dangerous and probably won't try to scale one of these walls again, as is intended.

Live on and prosper and let your neighbours protect their properties in whatever way they can, you probably are not allowed to own guns, that's for the cartels, so you need glass walls and barbed wire to stay safe
>>
I live in Blackburn and a lot of the Asian families would do this. In recent years it's been stopped. I think it's illegal to do it below a certain height
>>
>>2411739
>Popular in the third world, I guess you are from South American or Africa
UK, but it's on the boundaries of an estate so I'm not surprised.

>>2411742
I think these walls range from about 7 - 9 foot so probably not illegal unfortunately.
>>
>>2411729
Build a curved topper to the walls of your yard, the angle will keep your cat from scaling over them. There's absolutely no reason why your cat should have been roaming several doors down when he has his own yard to play in.
>>
>>2411729
Don't let your pet roam the neighborhood. I am a "good guy" and cats shitting in my kids sandbox, raiding the birdsnests in my yard, or getting in fights on my porch at 3am makes me want to fetch the 1200fps air rifle.
>>
>>2411743
Its absolutely not legal in the UK. Only plastic wall-spikes are allowed as far as I'm aware. You can definitely report shards of glass to authorities.
>>
>>2411798
>mfw in my country dogs are considered vagrant if more than a hundred meters away from their owner, too far from his owner to hear him or outside his owner's field of view.
>Fucking cats get a kilometer for no good reason.
>>
>>2411729
Don't let your cat loose outside you shithead
>>
>>2411858
>cats get a kilometer
Do they even have a limit? Where I am from, murrica, there's no limit for cats
>>
>>2412572
Not actually true. A lot of jurisdictions in the US do require controls for cats as well as dogs. Cat owners just don't give a shit and are rarely punished for it in the same way any other pet owner would be.
>>
>>2412817
>A lot of jurisdictions in the US do require controls for cats as well as dogs.
if less than 1% is a lot.

weird how people that don't live here love to make absurd claims about our laws.
>>
>>2412824
I do live in the US. Find me a jurisdiction that has no animal control laws for cats.
>>
>>2412828
animal control laws=/=controls for cats as well as dogs

in most of the US the owner will be cited for a dog at large. In almost none of the US is the same true for cats.

because we generally can't tell who owns a cat, if anyone. You're not required to control your cat in the US. There is no penalty for failure to control it.
>>
>>2412838
Not being able to ID a pet owner =/= that pet is exempt from laws.

I work in an industry in the US that does refer to specific local jurisdictions for animal control to determine potential for recovery for damages caused by an uncontrolled animal. I've yet to encounter a jurisdiction that exempts cats just because they're cats. It's true that often an owner can't be located, but if they can then the same laws do apply to them as they would to an IDed dog owner.

It's just that again, most people don't give a shit about cats and this is especially true of outdoor cat owners, who can't be fucked to have their pets chipped or tagged.
>>
>>2412844
In the US if we have a law THAT CANNOT BE ENFORCED, and for which JURIES REFUSE TO CONVICT,
that law is invalid.

sure, your laws may be on the books, but that doesn't mean shit. Practically speaking they don't exist. They're like "spitting on the sidewalk" laws. They're not real because they're useless.
>>
>>2412846
What the fuck do you think I was implying when I said that people don't give a shit about cats and that cat "owners" are rarely punished for legal animal control violations?

And those laws absolutely can be enforced. They just rarely are not because cats are a special exempt animal but because most cat "owners" can't be IDed and most people just don't care.

>your laws may be on the books
Concession fucking noted, faggot.
>>
>>2412854
>those laws absolutely can be enforced. They just rarely are
and that's why they're not laws anymore.

the law isn't paper in a courthouse, it's real world actions. Again, americans should know this. I know wetbacks that understand our legal system far better than you.
>>
>>2412854
>Concession fucking noted, faggot
you claimed that "MOST" of the US has these laws. Going strictly by land area this is of course a lie.

there is no penalty for cat running at large in most of the US. Where such laws exist they aren't enforced.
>>
>>2412857
>laws that are rarely enforced because the people guilty of violating those laws can't be identified are not laws
Okay.

>>2412859
I said a lot, not most. Get the fuck out of here with your fake quotes. I've also yet to encounter a jurisdiction that had animal control laws with cats specially exempt. Find me one that does.
>>
>>2412862
>Okay
this is stuff we used to teach in 6th grade. I'm pretty sure you have to know it to become a US citizen.

I shouldn't be surprised my fellow countrywomen are too retarded to know it, but consider yourself educated on the subject.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jury_nullification
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.