[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth the money to get a breed dna test? I'm just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170618_122226.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170618_122226.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Is it worth the money to get a breed dna test? I'm just so curious what this little dude is mixed with, besides the Shepherd. He's one year, 55 pounds, sister has some faint brindle. Boxer?
>>
If you have the cash to burn, they are fun. It won't change how much you love your dog or anything.
>>
File: IMG_6321.jpg (389KB, 725x982px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6321.jpg
389KB, 725x982px
>>2411258
I want I get a test on this on this boy. We know pit and we think red Doberman but we don't know what else
>>
>>2411273
You can tell where the pit is in that classic shit colored nose
>>
>>2411282
Why does that look like a pit bull nose?

The only thing that looks pit bull to me is the dome of the skull, the set of the ears and a bit in the shape of the ears. Eyes are a toss up because many dogs have those sort of almond eyes
>>
>>2411282
>>2411288
See the reason we want a test so is mu GF works at vet and even the doctor there said essentially "I have no fucking clue"
>>
It's not terribly expensive, especially compared to all the expenses a dog has.
Probably won't tell you anything at all vitally important but it would be neat to know.

I adopted a dog a couple months ago and just sent one in for her. I expect to go "neat" and at least have a solid answer when people ask what she is. Nothing more.
>>
>>2411273
This is the most confounding dog I've ever seen.

Why do you think Doberman? The somewhat slight build? If it's the ears, Dobe ears are naturally floppy, not upright.
>>
>>2411314
Yeah, probably not a Dobe. Looks like a liver/tan Kelpie mix to me.
>>
>>2411288
>>2411282
It's evident in the eyes and brow, too
>>
>>2411273
What an odd dog. Is the mixed nose exclusive to pits?
>>
>>2411258
>is it worth the money
No
>>
>>2411258
My girlfriend works in a vet clinic, she's seen enough bizarre test results to convince her they're not very accurate. One case was a retriever from a reputable breeder, had the lineage tracked for generations, and the test showed that the retriever had pug in him. So, either the breeder had lied, forged breeding documents, and a pug fucked a Golden Retriever, or the test was flawed.

Also met a corgi rescue who was "1/8 greyhound." Which I don't buy because greyhound mixes look unmistakably greyhound, and pass on the sighthound looks for generations.
>>
>>2411714
No, not at all. In fact the pit bull breeds tend to have solid nose colors, though there isn't any disqualifications or faults for it. You see odd color noses in breeds that tend to encourage multiple colors and merles
>>
>>2411979
"Pug fucked"

Great now I can't get the image of a breeder holding a horny pug up to another dog's ass.
>>
File: twix tree.png (126KB, 1034x870px) Image search: [Google]
twix tree.png
126KB, 1034x870px
I know someone who got a dog that looked like a small spaniel and it ended up having boxer and pit in it
>>
i'm pretty sure these tests are meaningless
people have sent in samples with dog's of long verified pedigrees and gotten just whatever" unrelated bunch of dogs" mix
>>
>>2411273
Remind some me of a kelpie a bit. How tall?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.