[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm currently at my in-laws' house, keeping an eye

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1497807250813.jpg (223KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1497807250813.jpg
223KB, 2048x1536px
I'm currently at my in-laws' house, keeping an eye on the house while they're on holiday. It's in quite a remote location

Today I saw about 6 bees in our bathroom. The in-laws said there might be a nest in the walls so if I was unlucky enough to be introduced to them I might have to call a bee-keeper. I opened the bathroom window so they can escape, and then left. About an hour later I put my ear against the bathroom door and heard what must have been an absolute army of bees (actually quite terrifying)

Anywho, Ive called about 6 different bee-keepers. Most of them refused to travel to my location, and the other doesn't work weekends. After some frustration I noticed I couldn't hear anything from the bathroom anymore. I opened the door and saw what must've been about 100 bees dead on the window sill. It was actually quite a chilling sight, like I'm 30 mins into a horror film.

I'm not really sure what to do right now. Bee corpses are piling up in the bathroom and not a single bee-keeper in the region apparently wants to help
>>
>>2410699
Smoke them out and steal the honey.
You might have to set fire to your in-laws house and break open the walls, though.
>>
Any clue as to why they are dead?
>>
>>2410699
Did you close the window again? Why wouldn't they just fly out?
>>
scoop out the dead ones, remove any living ones you can, and close the window. It's not your responsibility, let your inlaws deal with it.
>>
this is my worst nightmare
>>
Beekeeper here:

Honestly you could just ignore them for right now. It's not a huge threat. What part of the country are you in? If they're Africanized they may attack you for being near their nest but it seems like you're not getting gangbanged, so it should be all good. You can honestly have a bunch land on you and be fine. Hell, if you slowly cut open a section of drywall that was on the outer part of their nest they wouldn't even rush out and gangbang you like people think, worst case a few guards get after you.

Well worst case they're Africanized and a ton of guards get after you but that doesn't happen past the southern US or below.
>>
>>2410699
Get the queen and put it into a hive with some queen separators. Enjoy around 50-150lbs of honey a year.

You should probably contact the local bee keeper's association. They should know some local bee keepers who only have a few hives that want more. Though, you may need to do some drywall work to get to them.
>>
>>2411115
Did you not read the post or something?
>>
See if you can find an entrance to their potential hive.

Please google images to see if they are honey bees a not bumble bees or wasps.

If you want to safely remove them you will have to break down your drywall.

Post photographs. We have enough beekeepers here to walk you through
>>
>>2411132
Did you call the actual head of the bee keeper's association? Because I can't believe no one would come out to get a free swarm.
>>
>>2411152
different adnon but i live in NJ and a few years back had bees in the attack that were hard to get to because they were in the attic of a two story house. and if you went into the attic the bees were right there in your face. called so many bee keepers and nothing. one came out and said he didn't bring his ladder. several just weren't interested on the phone. eventually they swarm on a branch about 3 feet off the ground. if I would have had a suit I could have collected them. get on my ladder and insecticide the shit out of the ones in the attic. eventually get someone to come cut the branch but it wasn't easy. he seemed pretty annoyed about it.

You make it sound as if every community has a chief bee keeper in charge sitting at some cushy government desk.

but my point is every one says call a beekeeper but they really aren't that thrilled when you call them unless they are basically handed to them.
>>
>>2410699
Pff, that is so not chilling. Chilling was when I found a mass ant suicide. Hundreds of the dumbasses climbed into the freezer of my garage fridge. To this day I have no idea why, there was no queen to follow to their deaths.
>>
>>2411010
This. They can't all of just rammed themselves into the window now.
>>
>>2411039
>Don't worry anon worst case scenario you get absolutely fucking raped
>>
>>2411368
Bees that swarmed are just a split of the main hive and are very docile. I just had a swarm today and I was jamming my hand in there, arm covered in bees, didn't get stung. You just move slow like you're one of them, they're used to bumping past each other and it doesn't bother them.
>>
Somewhat appropriate thread. Anyone got advice? Ive got bee hives at the end of my garden in a field. It has always had beehives and Ive never had an issue with any of them even though Im often working on my veg patch only 5 ft at times away from the hives.

Last year a queen was replaced and this year the hive is extremely aggressive. Not africanized by any means but guards will attack for simply being within 10ft. They're always stinging my dogs as well. Ive told the beekeeper and he didnt really care. Is there anything I can do? I dont want to complain to the council as dont want all the colonies to get taken away. I like the bees and find them mostly docile, gentle and great for nature
>>
>>2412796
if they weren't my bees and I told the beekeeper and he didn't care I would call city/council whatever. people can be seriously allergic. they could kill a dog easy. if they didn't do anything then i would get me a sprayer with some distance on them and some wasp spray and go to town on them.
>>
Zooming in I can tell those are African.

Check the entire bathroom for holes, and then stuff alcoholized cottonballs or steel wool in them.

Make a soapy mixture of water and dish soap, then spritz it around areas and at the bees, it will dry them out.

Don't open the bathroom window, you likely have a nest in the frame or awning outside, and that's how they got in and multiplied.
>>
>>2414148
This guy is full of shit, Africanized bees are visually indifferent from European honeybees. Older bees are darker in general.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.