[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favourite crustacean? Mine would have to be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_3033.jpg (55KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3033.jpg
55KB, 480x320px
What's your favourite crustacean? Mine would have to be the Palawan Stag Beetle.
>>
>>2409595
what?
>>
>>2409599
What part of my post do you find confusing?
>>
why would you say such a thing
>>
>>2409600
>crustacean
>beetle

that part
>>
>>2409604
Insects are crustaceans.
>>
>>2409605
#triggered
>>
>>2409605
T O P
O
P

B A I T
A
I
T
>>
>>2409697
>state fact
>get told it's bait
I guess I forgot that crabs and lobsters are the only crustaceans ever, sorry.
>>
well I guess they're technically pancrustaceans
>>
just use 'arthropod'

i'm not into the ocean anyway, can't stand the smell even though the critters are cool
>>
>>2409757
Arthropod would include chelicerates and myriapods, this thread is supposed to be about crustaceans.
>>
>>2409759
Insects are not crusteaceans.

"Differing mostly in their body parts, insects, such as ants, flies, wasps and dragonflies, have tri-segmented bodies consisting of the head, thorax and abdomen; crustaceans, such as crabs, lobsters, shrimps and crayfish, have only two body segments"
"Like other arthropods, crustaceans have an exoskeleton, which they moult to grow. They are distinguished from other groups of arthropods, such as insects, myriapods and chelicerates, by the possession of biramous (two-parted) limbs, and by their larval forms, such as the nauplius stage of branchiopods and copepods"
>>
>>2409595
Sorry to burst your retard bubble OP
" it is now well accepted that the crustacean group is paraphyletic, and comprises all animals in the Pancrustacea clade other than hexapods."
Beetles are hexapods.
>>
>>2409768
>Nauplius
There are animals with a nauplius stage that are more closely related to Coleoptera than they are to Decapoda.
>>
>>2409757
This thread is one retard trying to restart the shitflinging that happened in another thread about crabs.
He needs to prove he is right and the others wrong. He made the thread to bait people so he can thrash autism around.
>>
>>2409768
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2998192/

https://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms3485?message-global%3Dremove%26WT.ec_id%3DNCOMMS-20131001

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/pala.12105/full

Pancrustacea has morphological and molecular support and is widely accepted in current science. Stop clinging to 15 year old phylogeny.

>>2409771
kek, source please

I bet its some salty entomologist that can't face reality

Hexapoda belong into Pancrustacea
>>
>>2409789
Didn't mean to quote >>2409771

But still, you don't know what paraphyletic actually means, right?
Yes, beetles are hexapods, but hexapods are (Pan)crustaceans. That's why it says excluding Hexapods from Crustacea makes it paraphyletic, aka an artificial group that needlessly excludes taxa.
>>
>>2409796
Pancrustaceans are not crusteaceans
>>
How the fuck would hexapods he considered a crustacean when they have a three segmented body, posess no doublejointed apendages, and have wings? They belong to insecta not crusteacea.
>>
File: IMG_3043.jpg (24KB, 530x390px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3043.jpg
24KB, 530x390px
>>2409802
Quick question is this a crustacean?
>>
>>2409801
The Pan- was added because the entomologists got mad, there is no scientific reason for it.
Hexapoda are not a sister group to Crustacea, they are inside Crustacea, thus no new name is needed. But it was done anyway to avoid the inevitable butthurt.

Reptiles weren't called Panreptilia when we found out birds belong in there.

>>2409802
It's nice that you think that, but luckily we have actual molecular genetic and morphological data that we base our phylogeny on and not some random guys opinion on the internet.

>How the fuck would birds be considered reptiles when they have feathers and are warm blooded
>>
>>2409804
I dont know enough about remipedia to argue about it. But do you honestly think that hexapods, INSECTS belong in the same clade as THAT? As a subgroup of shrimp, barnacles, lobsters and crabs? Completely moronic.
>>
>>2409806
>Hexapoda are not a sister group to Crustacea, they are inside Crustacea,
By that logic every insect should be inside crusteacea.
>>
>>2409787
It is also important to note that he uses 'science' as a buzzword and says "we" even though he is not a scientist.
>>
File: 14c.jpg (7KB, 207x253px) Image search: [Google]
14c.jpg
7KB, 207x253px
>>2409808
>>
>>2409811
>should
They already are.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pancrustacea#Rota-Stabelli_et_al._.282013.29
>>
>>2409811
Yes, that's true. There are animals grouped in Crustacea that are more closely related to beetles than they are to lobsters and Pancrustacea is just a pointless renaming of Crustacea.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170617-133902.jpg (113KB, 941x1117px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170617-133902.jpg
113KB, 941x1117px
>>2409813
Should i really reapond to JC seriously?
Okay, maybe im not understanding correctly. But pic related is what im getting from this argument. It just doesnt make sense that a group of insects splitting off so far back would be a part of a subgroup of a competely different class.
>>
>>2409817
There are so many things wrong with this diagram that I don't know where to start.
>>
>>2409820
That's probably why im so fucking confused then.
>>
>>2409789
>Thus, whereas the phylogenetic signal in our mitochondrial data sets is limited, preventing us from drawing firm conclusions, the congruence of analyses that are expected to provide more accurate results in the presence of LBA suggests the following hypotheses for Ecdysozoa: (outgroups, (Priapulida, (Arthropoda, (Tardigrada, Onychophora)))), and Arthropoda: (outgroups, (Chelicerata, (Myriapoda, (Hexapoda, Crustacea)))). The addition of the remaining ecdysozoan phyla, in particular of Nematomorpha, to the mitogenomic data set may elucidate these relationships with more confidence.
>(Chelicerata, (Myriapoda, (Hexapoda, Crustacea))))
>(Hexapoda, Crustacea)
>>
File: 2.jpg (132KB, 1000x1081px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
132KB, 1000x1081px
>>2409817
No dude, you got it quite wrong.
>>
>>2409826
So where do the entirety of all other insects fit in to the new one? Because you cant deny that hexapods are insects.
At this point im not even arguing just genuinely inquiring, because I've realized i must not know what the fuck im talking about.
>>
>>2409827
Hexapoda are not Insecta, Insecta are Hexapoda. There are some small groups in Hexapoda not considered Insecta.
>>
>>2409827
I don't understand your question. What do you mean all other insects? All insects are Hexapoda, they are all in there.

I'm not gonna draw a tree with hundreds of branches coming off from Hexapoda to show there's bees and shit in there.
>>
>>2409789
How can you just pluck a group of animals out of a class and stick them into a different one when they have shit like three segmented bodies, palp, antennae, and nerve wings?
>>
>>2409830
Cladistics, son.
>>
>>2409825
Yes, now read the others where they further investigate that question and come to the conclusions we now have.
>>
>>2409830
The entire class was moved, there weren't just a few plucked out.

We never knew for sure how the different classes of arthropods were related until a few years ago (and we still don't know where Myriapods fit).
>>
>>2409828
>>2409829
Holy fuck, ive been confusing hexapoda for coleoptera this whole time.
Jesus christ i thought you motherfuckers were taking beetles OUT of insecta and ploppling it in crustacea.
Boy am i glad im an anon.
>>
>>2409830
Insects are very highly modified Crustaceans just like we are very highly modified "fish" or rather, vertebrates.
>>
>>2409702
Quit baiting
>>
Can people start posting their favourite crustaceans now?
>>
File: IMG_2695.jpg (99KB, 1200x736px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2695.jpg
99KB, 1200x736px
>>2409838
>>
File: Imperial_Moths_BobDuffield.jpg (87KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial_Moths_BobDuffield.jpg
87KB, 600x450px
>>2409838
Well, now that ive taken off my retard glasses.
Eacles imperialis is the best Animal, arthropod, crustacean, insect, and lepidoptera.
>>
>>2409832
They don't, they say there is no solid evidence.
>>
>thread dies as soon as everyone gets along.
Every time.
>>
>>2409605
But they aren't. At the class-subphyla level, beetles are hexapoda, while any crustaceans are crustacea.
>>
>>2409861
Well then Crustacea needs to be discarded for being a paraphyletic piece of shit.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.