[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone here have experience with salt water tanks? its the one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1454092550139.gif (84KB, 403x392px) Image search: [Google]
1454092550139.gif
84KB, 403x392px
anyone here have experience with salt water tanks?

its the one part of my job i honestly abhor but my boss is dead set on getting ours set back up even though all of our fish died. i keep saying e should do fresh water but he insists that salt water is easy even though what i read isnists that it takes a well maintained internal eco system and its expensive as fuck and we dont make that much money.

the big problem seems to be our temperature. i can only find heaters and not coolers, but in the summer it can get over 90 degrees and im not allowed to run the a/c when im not in the office.

tank is like 80 gallons or something.
>>
>>2407060
>i can only find heaters and not coolers
just search "aquarium chiller" online.

they're expensive. Plan on spending $300-$400. And they cost about as much to run as AC does.
>>
>>2407068

we dont pay electric so thats fine, asl ong as they dont see our a/c is on were fine. not happy about opening the aquarium back up we just barely get by as is.
>>
>>2407060
Would he be happy with just a school of green chromis? Maybe some sheepshead minnows too? Both are hardy af, cheap, look pretty, school nice, and aren't particularly aggressive.
Your temps would be fine and those fish aren't too demanding filtration-wise. Could throw in a bunch of grass shrimp too.
>>
>>2407069
>not happy about opening the aquarium back up we just barely get by as is.
not really your problem. If this is going to bankrupt your boss there's nothing you can do about it. If you stop him he'll just find some other stupid thing to go bankrupt on.

saltwater can be pretty cheap and easy. It usually isn't, but it can be.
>>
>>2407071
>Both are hardy af
lol'd

green chromis are way easy to kill.
damsels are where it's really at.
>>
>>2407073

>not really your problem

kinda when it affects my paycheck. on the one hand if we dont have money then i cant get paid and on the other hand my raises are dictated by how much money i can make him.

>nothing you can do about it

i run the entire business so theres plenty i can do about it. i took him from losing 50 thousand dollars a year to starting to barely profit in just 2 years. he doesn't listen to every single thing I throw out there, but to say there is nothing i can do about it is quitter talk.
>>
>>2407077
>starting to barely profit in just 2 years
this is depressing.

In business you need to know when to walk away. If you could be making more flipping burgers, go flip burgers.
>>
>>2407082

i wouldnt be making more in burgers, right now i make 15.50.

my paycheck has been guarnateed cuz if there isnt enough money he pays me out of his social security checks. but if the whole business goes under then yeah id be fucked.

this is a nice job. its cushy and its going to look amazing on my resume and I'm getting a lot of real world business epxerience, plus being able to say my greatest accomplishment is bringing someones business from losing 50k to pulling a profit in two years during job interviews is going to be great.

>this is depressing

how is this depressing? for him maybe but im a total fucking guru i took something that was hemorraging and managed to pull some money in.
>>
>>2407082

>in business you need to know when to walk away

you do know most businesses dont become profitable until at least 4 years in right?
>>
>>2407085
>how is this depressing?
a business should make money from day one and keep making money every year after.

It's depressing not only that you'd waste 2 years on this, but that you'd think it was an accomplishment to do it.

If my business lost money for one month I'd drop it and move on to something that pays. I'm not working my ass off to make less than a real job.
>>
>>2407087
>you do know most businesses dont become profitable until at least 4 years in right?
that's not even technically possible.

something that loses money 3 years out of 5 isn't legally a business in the US. A business doesn't exist until the first year it makes money.
>>
>>2407092
dumbest thing i've read in a while
>>
>>2407138
It's not my rule it's the IRS.

If you're not making money it's a hobby, not a business.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.