[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everyone always talks about dangerous animals. What about dangerous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 12

Everyone always talks about dangerous animals. What about dangerous plants?

Pic related The enteromorpha prolifera is not toxic to humans or animals, but its effects on the ecosystem are like that of ten nukes.
>>
>>2406746
Giant Hogweed

Just google it. If you ever come into contact with it. Immediately cover your skin from all forms of light for 2 fucking weeks. Like ZERO light. Not even to look at it. Otherwise, you'll end up like all those people in all those google images who have touched it and that shit will last for YEARS!!!!
>>
>>2406746
Just scoop it out with a net or rake
>>
>>2406795

Never heard of this shit until recently. Luckily it doesn't seem to be around here in SW Pennsylvania.
>>
>>2406826
Come visit, I'm on the SW border.
>>
Giant hogweed got fluid when you touch the stem you will get blisters

When i was a kis i used to fight these plans with stick and beat them down.
Had a high k/d only got hiby fluid once. Some on my wrist
They are like weed and are harmless imo
>>
>>2406826
Queen Anne's lace is all over the northeast, I can walk to the PA border right now and get some.
It's not dangerous. We played with it as kids, dying it.
>>
To eradicate any invasive species, plant or animal, 2 things need to be done.
1. Find a use for it.
2 Create a market for it.

Humans can eradicate anything as long as the driving force is money.
>>
>>2406849
A truer post was never made.

But some things are kept alive only because of profit/edibility.

Jack Russell terriers, chihuahuas and shit zus are kept around for ???
700$ A puppy? Oh that explains a lot.
>>
>>2406832

I'm about 40m north of the border. Haven't seen it around here. Fuck ton of smooth sumac, though. Maybe it chokes it out?

>>2406843

Wild carrot is everywhere, sure. What does that have to do with hogweed?
>>
>>2406795
>Giant Hogweed
oh fuck I had those blisters from those things, fucking fuck
Probably local (Rus) hogweeds were weaker tho, it didn't last for so long
>>
>>2406872
Same person there, probably too far to circle jerk and smoke weed with each other.
Could've sworn it was queen Anne's lace, Google told me so.
>>
>>2406843
>Queen Anne's lace

That's "Daucus carota" and is edible, so long as you eat them young and in small quantities:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daucus_carota

Giant Hogweed is "Heracleum mantegazzianum" and is horrific beyond all nightmares:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heracleum_mantegazzianum
https://www.google.com/search?q=giant+hogweed+blisters&tbm=isch
>>
>>2406925
I'll have to figure out the differences, thanks. I id everything that isn't a tree because tree identification is a shit hobby.
>>
>>2406934

>the differences

One is basically a fucking tree with huge leaves and the other is a small, thin plant. They look nothing alike other than white flowers. I don't know how anyone could confuse them.
>>
>>2406746
carnivorous ones
>>
>>2406746

you could have saved him \an\
>>
>>2406843
good lord, don't ever bet your life on id'ing a plant because you sure as fuck can't do it right.
>>
>>2406953
Googlw fucking said queen anne's lace on images and in the search.

They look exactly the same.

Stop fucking hunting me. I didn't do shit to you or your board.
>>
File: IMG_201706165_022632.jpg (151KB, 316x364px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_201706165_022632.jpg
151KB, 316x364px
>>2406973
OMG DEMON PROSECUTE IT

Sorry, fagfuck.
Kill yourself. Type this into Google and try not to read the first suggested term in images. My fucking bad.

>insert "giant hogweed" into google
>says queen anne's lace
>repeat info that questioners could have googled
>FUCK YOU FAGGOT

???
Fucking use google yourself then, you lazy fucking retard.
>>
>>2406984
fuck off normie
>>
>>2406987
Do you have ANY idea what global rule 3 is?

Basically it says you need to shut the fuck up.
>>
>>2406987
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>2406986
google is for lazy fucktards like you that can't id plants
>>
>>2406969
Why? He seems to be enjoying himself. I wouldn't want to get in the way of his fun.
>>
>>2407001
I have thousands. But your idiotic, southern hick talk reference to a harmless looking weed diluted my thoughts and sent me in the wrong direction.

"Giant hogweed?"
Jesus use a scientific name so we don't encounter these situations, you fucking hillbilly.
>>
>>2407004
Saying "giant hogweed" is like saying these are blueberries. And when someone asks what kind you respond with "blueberries"

Or saying dogfish when you mean bowfin. Some people might think youre talking about sharks
>>
>>2407004
just shut up dude. queen anne's lace is a babby level plant, most students coming into college already know it.

if you can't id it properly you can't id plants at all, just stop talking.
>>
>>2407025
Dude let it go. You were wrong. Get over it already 'lil bitchboy
>>
>>2407027

You are the one that was wrong. It's actually google that misinformed you, sure, but google is pretty shit when IDing plants.

You also seem to think you're talking to one person. You're not.
>>
>>2407034
> but google is pretty shit when IDing plants.

another random anon here, haven't joined the conversation yet

google is good for IDing plants, you just need to nurse it along and pay careful attention to the details
>>
I'd trust Google over some memeing, "I do it for the lolz" fucktards on 4chan
>>
Does nettle count? I got pushed into a patch. Hurt like fuck.
Or I think it was nettle, maybe. I was in PA and I was none, and I thought my friend said it was 'stinging metal' instead of 'stinging metal'.

Either way it sucked balls and I have never come across anything like it again despite I've spent all my life hiking.
>>
>>2406969
I have some if this stuff I wanna drop into a local fishing lake and Great Lakes
>>
File: Untitled.png (289KB, 1277x663px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
289KB, 1277x663px
>>2406986
>insert "giant hogweed" into google
>says queen anne's lace

I don't get that at all. You are either lying or you are logged into google, have searched QAL before and for some reason it is spitting that back at you, which I doubt.
>>
File: Identification.jpg (2MB, 2560x3128px) Image search: [Google]
Identification.jpg
2MB, 2560x3128px
>tfw I grow queen anne's lace for making wine and mead from the flowers
>mfw this thread

I should probably post this then.
>>
>>2407205
It's in images, on the mobile site.

>>2407034
I fell asleep 5 hours ago, why are you guys carrying this on? It was a minor mistake, yes Google said that, I posted a screenshot and it must have just been a related query.

We're arguing about A WEED. Let's stop.
>>
>>2406851
jack russel terriers are expert rat killing dogs.
>>
>>2407221
So, useless? Get a pellet gun. Rat hunting is cruel as fuck, they're sentient mini humans, whatever reason you guys would want them torn apart alive is beyond me.

I have heard them bark thousands of times per minute for YEARS ON END. Why would I like them? You can't convince me here.
>>
>>2407218
>mobile site

Google is trying to kill off phone posters. It is a great day.
>>
>>2407169
Yeah if young were in PA it was nettle, we have it everywhere near Lancaster, I've seen forests of it in Bethlehem and Easton as well. Seems the worst in Wilkesburry though, literal jungles of the stuff. I used to go trail riding up there and I fell into some once, off of my horse, really bad time.
>>
>>2407227
It was a mistake.
I've been here since 2005. Lay the fuck off. I know what I'm posting. I make ID mistakes 5-10% of my guesses. Lots of people do. Harass them. I'm done with your bullshit, anon, I'll see you later.
>>
>>2407237
>Lancaster
Yup, exactly where I was pushed into it. My first and only time a plant hurt me besides thorns. Poison oak and ivy have never made me itch or anything but I vividly remember that pain.
>>
File: Taxus_Hicksii.jpg (331KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
Taxus_Hicksii.jpg
331KB, 1024x682px
Everything is dangerous except the fruit body. Seed is dangerous too

More than 4 seeds may kill a child by heart failure.
One seed may cause stomache cramps / upset, diarrhea and nausia
>>
>>2406986
Anon those green things are the "related" stuff google suggests you to look for next
>>
>>2407274
Oh that makes sense. I'm sorry guys, fuck. Never got this much flak over literal weeds.
>>
>>2407248
>>2407218
>mobile site.
>phone poster
>can't into google
>can't into plant ID
>gets pissy over entry level bantz

Typical.
>>
>>2407304
Global rule 3. Stop.
>>
>>2407304
The good thing about being japanese is that you never get lice.
>>
>>2407305
>continues to whine like a faggot

Sure thing, kid.
>>
>>2406988
imagine being this fucking salty at having your retardation pointed out
>>
>>2407322
>mistake white flower for white flower
>7 hours of harassment

The fuck dude?
Enjoy your 3 days.
>>
>>2406821
In China they had to use bulldozers
>>
>>2407327
>harassment

Nobody is forcing you to stay here, fagface
>>
>>2407327
hahahahah either severely autistic or master troll

complete idiot either way i have reported you for spamming and derailing
>>
>>2406795
Definitely would advertise people educate themselves on Giant Hogweed and look to see if it's present in your area. It's a foreign species outside of Asia for one and is an extremely harmful plant. Touching hogweed will result in 3rd degree burns.

If you ever find hogweed stay well away. Don't even cut it down yourself as the sap is the nasty part of it. Contact your council or local authorities. Inform them of the situation and they should get rid of it properly and then use herbicide around the area.

Shit's nasty. Really nasty.
>>
I'll add to hogweed theme, you need to know your enemies. Especially if they are fucking 3-10 feet high and its juice leaves third degree burns.
>>
File: ANTest.png (1MB, 933x589px) Image search: [Google]
ANTest.png
1MB, 933x589px
A little test. Can you tell which are what? All can be found quite common. Often found in close proximity to at least one on of the others in the majority of places.

One is fairly harmless (Apart from for your flower beds). The others are very dangerous though not all for the same reasons. These are what consists in these pictures.
>Pic related

>Hemlock / Conium maculatum
>Cows Parsley / Anthriscus sylvestris
>Giant Hogweed / Heracleum mantegazzianum
>Douglas Water Hemlock / Cicuta douglasii
>>
File: 479204_v1.jpg (218KB, 610x203px) Image search: [Google]
479204_v1.jpg
218KB, 610x203px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendrocnide_moroides

>It is best known for stinging hairs that cover the whole plant and deliver a potent neurotoxin when touched. It is the most toxic of the Australian species of stinging trees.

>Contact with the leaves or twigs causes the hollow, silica-tipped hairs to penetrate the skin. The hairs cause an extremely painful stinging sensation that can last anywhere from days to years, and the injured area becomes covered with small, red spots joining together to form a red, swollen welt.

>Botanists working in the field go into sneezing fits and get nose bleeds from standing near the plant. Botanists who handle hundred-year-old specimens of Gympie still get stung.
>>
File: DSC_061117.jpg (224KB, 797x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_061117.jpg
224KB, 797x1200px
Found some giant hogweed in the woods near my house a few days ago. It was almost twice my height. Scary stuff!
>>
>>2407397
It looks exactly like QAL, what the fuck guys?

Also you're fat.
>>
>hogweed
>could be used as a blowgun
>could be used as a toy telescope, toy flute or whatever
>parents don't care
>curious kids face fell off
I don't like this kind of hypothetical natural selection
thank god the plant stinks like garbage bin, at least
>>
File: hogweedshit.png (59KB, 159x150px) Image search: [Google]
hogweedshit.png
59KB, 159x150px
>>2407397
That's the face of a man which knows what he's dealing with.
>>
>>2407388
winner
there's that story that one victim hurt so much he shot himself dead
>>
>>2407340
Saying you have reported someone is a rules violation as well
>>
>>2407363
see image in
>>2407212

You don't ID plants from photos like that. You do it in person. Otherwise, you are a short-lived fool.

>>2407399
>looks exactly like QAL

Looks nothing like it considering QAL is at best waist high.
>>
>>2406880
>Could've sworn it was queen Anne's lace
that's because qpueen ann's lace IS Daucus carota!
>>
>>2406795
lol my Grandma had that in her garden. It's banned now.
>>
>>2407562
The guy who shot himself used it as toilet paper.
Yeah, just process that for a minute.
>>
If only bugguy was here to give us a correct ID.......
>>
>>2407388

>google
>Australia

Why am I not surprised?
>>
>>2407660
you must string up 5 cats in a pentagram formation while repeating they can not feel pain
then repeatedly stab your palm while crying occams razor
Then the demon will be upon you
>>
>>2407388
>Australian species of stinging trees
God fucking DAMN it australia
>>
>>2407614
>You don't ID plants from photos like that. You do it in person. Otherwise, you are a short-lived fool.

That was the point I was trying to get at. It's too hard to tell to be able to give a certain answer.
>>
File: 1491574770158.jpg (86KB, 824x514px) Image search: [Google]
1491574770158.jpg
86KB, 824x514px
>>2407701
That's fucking funny!
>>
>>2407306
um.. everyone gets lice.
>>
>>2407728

You claimed it was all over your area, suggesting you saw it and ID'd it.

So, what, you saw some QAL around your yard, came online and googled it and somehow missed that they look nothing like?
>>
>>2407830
Look again
>>
>>2407841
The flowers look exactly the same. If google only returns pics without showing the height of the plant it is very easy to confuse the two
>>
>>2407830
I thought Japanese always get rice.
Ooohh.....
>>
>>2407845
>24 Hours later

What the fuck guys? Stop.
>>
>>2407845
>>2407873

Your story doesn't add up.

You're an idiot and we want you to know it. We want you to accept it. Once you accept it, then maybe you won't try to pass on your opinions to someone who could get hurt.
>>
>>2407306
>>2407304
This joke was too good for this board to be honest.
>>
>>2407845
see
>>2407212
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.