[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i recently posted on /adv/ that I found a kitten from a dumpster.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

So i recently posted on /adv/ that I found a kitten from a dumpster. Well, I took it to vet and she said that it's a pretty healthy bastard, but I still have a problem with giving it to someone. Somehow I convinced my parents to let it stay in the home until somebody can take care of it, but now I have a lot of problems with caring it. Most of the sites I read says that kittens younger than 4 weeks tend to die without their mother even if raised properly and with a great attention, and not only I afraid that I'lll fuck up in something I'm also a poorfag and can't buy those special "mother milk replacers", and now I know that giving a cow milk is unhealthy. Vet said that a regular pasteurized fat-less milk is ok but I'm kinda aware of giving it, since it can cause diarrhea which is the deadliest.
Also it says that kittens must eat every three hours and now he's asleep...should I wake him up? Even at late nights? And how I wash him?
I'll buy a sand litter tomorrow morning but that's like the best I can do. Although vet said its a healthy kitten, I feel like it will die on my hands ( I'm completely lost, I mean I never even touched an animal for more than 5 minutes... help please, is there anything I really can do?
>>
>>2405349
don't adopt dumpster kittens unless you want diseases
>>
>>2405349
Plenty of guides online for raising kittens I'm sure. You can feed more in one go than a mother cat could afford to and perhaps quickly get it onto drinking out of a dish/bowl. I think the hardest part is that you need to stimulate them into defecating by brushing their butt every so often but if it seems to be managing that on its own then you're okay. It will need relatively frequent feeding but if you keep it in your room you can just wake up at 3am for a few minutes to give it a small meal and then go back to sleep, probably wouldn't be too difficult a routine to get into. Other than that its just a matter of making sure it doesn't get underweight and has sufficient nutrition while excreting waste as it should on a regular basis. You don't really need to keep it clean so long as its environment is reasonably sterile and it doesn't have any matted clumps of hair or w/e.

Cats are hardy, if the kitten is healthy and you keep it well fed and defecating then I reckon it'll be alright. Weaning normally begins at ~4 weeks so you can start introducing mushed up kitten food into its diet now/soon and once its eating that you're doing great.
>>
>>2405382
Yeah I heard that, though I watch over my hygiene pretty strictly and the vet said it's totally healthy. I would wash it but I don't know how.

>>2405414
http://www.ccasnj.org/resources/docs/FosteringKittensInstructions.pdf
IDK, this seems challenging for someone like me and I never was good at tamagochis...but will try heh, thanks
>>
btw what diseases exactly, the veterinarian said that chlamydia is out of danger.
>>
>>2405445
There's too many potential diseases to list, but if it seems healthy you should be aight. Make sure to give it dewormer though as soon as you can, and watch out for fleas.
>>
Step 1. Chill out brah. It's a kitten, not an atomic warhead.
Step 2. 4 weeks old: feed it a mixture of a/d (get from vet), regular canned food (pate style), a light squeeze of NutriCal, and some water. Warm it up in the microwave until it feels warm to the touch. To entice kitten to eat, place some on your finger, then on the kitten's face. Step 3: You shouldn't still need to stimulate it, it should be able to go on it's own. If not, take a warm washcloth, scruff the kitten, have it rest on your arm, and gently rub on it's lower abdomen to get it to pee, around the sides of it's anus to get it to poop.
Step 4: Always provide clean water in a low bowl, and dry kitten food in a low bowl: 24/7 access to each of these things. Wet food: 4-6 times a day, whenever you can.
Step 5: Interact with kitty. Introduce kitty to as many new people and places and noises as you can to make it a well-adjusted juvenile that can be adopted.

You shouldn't need to wash kitty unless it shits all over itself. Fill bathroom sink up with warm water, place kitty gently it and scruff to help kitty maintain balance. Wash with baby shampoo or blue dawn dish soap if you see things crawling on it.

Don't apply any flea/tick prevention until it is 9 weeks old.

Don't give it milk, your vet is retarded.

Keep kitten in a warm environment. Since it is summer it shouldn't be too difficult.

Feed it wet food if you can hear it meowing like crazy. If it's sleeping, don't wake it up to feed it.

I'll be around if you have more questions.
>>
>>2405462
Lawl what? Kittens aren't going to give you rabies unless they've been exposed, which it sounds like this kitten hasn't been.

Deworm kitten at 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, and 16 weeks. FVRCP and 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16 weeks. FeLV test and vaccinate at 10 weeks, then revaccinate at 14 weeks. Rabies vaccination at 3 lbs.

The most effective plan. A little overboard, but gets the job done.
>>
>>2405480
Thanks a lot anon, it helps
>>
>>2405349
>Vet said that a regular pasteurized fat-less milk is ok
typical retarded catfag confirmed for never having gone to a vet. enjoy your parasite machine
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.