[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me with me dog /an/ He's two years old and a Pyranese

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: pupp.jpg (56KB, 720x564px) Image search: [Google]
pupp.jpg
56KB, 720x564px
Help me with me dog /an/

He's two years old and a Pyranese Australian Shepherd mix, for a few months now I've ran into an issue with him. He's developed a major hot spot on his arm. We've tried everything, a sleeve, a cone, a muzzle, and every time he just gets passed it and makes it worse, it's gotten to the point where he doesn't want to do anything but try and lick his hot spot, he won't even play in the backyard anymore. I don't know what to do, what should I do?
>>
Have you tried going to a fucking vet?
>>
>>2404799
Yes, they were the ones who recommended the muzzle
>>
are you treating him for fleas and ticks?
>>
>>2404805
No we aren't, we haven't ever heard the vet mention that, next time I go I will ask, thank you!
>>
>>2404806
Why haven't they treated with antibiotics to prevent/cure an infection?

Best thing you can do is keep it dry. Best way to do that is stay home and keep watching him.

Recently dealt with a nasty hotspot and my dog's snout is also too long for a cone. I put a cone on him while I was at work and bandaged it with four different types of bandages: a sterile pad, a cotton gauze, a stretchy one that stuck to itself, and a stiff, waterproof, sticky one to hold it all together. You have to find the perfect balance between "so tight he can't rip it off" and "not so tight to interrupt circulation". When I got home I'd take the bandage off and watch him like a hawk

Later, when it healed a bit, I left the bandage off because its presence actually kept reminding him to fuck with it more.

The best thing to do is stay home and watch him if you can. If it gets dirty, wash it with a warm, wet washcloth and dry by parting with a towel. If you have to use topical medicine, use an antibacterial spray before using a gooey ointment--the ointment can attract his licking more.
>>
>>2404795
blast him in the ass.
>>
>>2404849
Thank you so much
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.