[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want to get a dog >like to listen to music like noise,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (266KB, 590x393px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
266KB, 590x393px
>want to get a dog
>like to listen to music like noise, black metal and drone really loud on my stereo

How do dogs react to music? Will different kinds of music affect them in different ways?
>>
>>2403145
noise isnt music and your dog would probably not like nearly any music blasting very loud,
>>
>>2403145
Start out quiet, he'll get used to this.
>>
If you're old enough to take care of a dog you're old enough to grow up and stop listening to childish genres
>>
>>2403145
2 of your 3 favorite types of music are "noise" and "drone"

?
>>
If you like blasting music you gotta have a cat

Are you ready to take care of a dog?
>>
>>2403145
use headphones
>>
>anon wants advice on helping dog adapt to a musical environment, instead /an/ criticizes his musical taste
lmao did I step into /mu/?
>>
>>2403572
To be fair if you make a thread anywhere asking for advice with something you can't do because you "like to listen to noise", people are probably going to point out that that's retarded.
>>
>>2403145
>noise, black metal, and drone

just use headphones or keep it the hell down. a dog would mostly be put off by the volume, not by your shit taste
>>
>>2403215
>>2403531
>they don't know the joy of listening to sunn o))) in the dark
>>2403572
>>2403576
Pretty much this.

OP, I'd suggest wearing headphones, but as far as I know, noise/drone are not obnoxious to dogs at low volume. But I imagine they don't like it regardless.
>>
Pink Floyd.
Animals.
Dogs.
The part where the dogs bark whine and howl.
Gets them every time.
>>
>>2403145
Depends on the breed, clever dogs love piano, they always sit by the pianist and listen in absolute silence, personal experience

don't expect them to thank you for blasting metal tho, it's noise for them
>>
Acclimate them to loud music and have a word or command that lets them know you are going to turn it on. Also try and provide a safe bed in another room across the house, or at least some kind of sound proofed box that they can go hide in.

So, like, what I would do is put the music on, a bit louder than a normal volume, but not crazy loud. Right before you turn it on, get your dogs attention, then use some very specific word. Then turn the music on and go about your business.

Do that for a few days, then start to increase the volume over a the course of like two weeks.

The dog will learn that word means the noise is coming on, and that he can also go find his safe bed if he doesn't like it.

You could probably get him an oversized plastic crate and use that Studio Foam/foam padding on the inside of his crate, or maybe outside of it, and see if that doesn't dampen the sound for him.
>>
>>2403215
>>2403526
>>2403531
>>2403650
Please enlighten me on what REAL music is /an/ :^) Noise and especially noise rock are actually great genres, you should give them a listen. Presuming you haven't """""grown up""""" yet.

>>2403570
>>2403650
Yeah headphones would be my best option if the dog is put off by the stereo.

>>2403541
Yes I am ready. Cats are not for me, though. Do they just not give a shit about anything, including loud sounds?

>>2403522
>>2403944
I wonder if some breeds are more sensitive to high volume than others.

>>2403910
I love Animals, sounds great to have a dog to enjoy Dogs with.

>>2404065
This is the kind of advice I came to /an/ for. I will definitely try this and see if the dog is susceptible to it. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>2404069
All my cats hated vacuum cleaners (except one). If you live in a house a dog is a good choice (imho don't bother if you live in a flat). Dogs take way too much time for my tastes, they need to be trained or else they're just need-to-be-put-down material.
>>
>>2404069
>Please enlighten me on what REAL music is /an/ :^) Noise and especially noise rock are actually great genres, you should give them a listen. Presuming you haven't """""grown up""""" yet.
white noise
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.