[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a fungus? I tried googling insect pods at first, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: tree.jpg (521KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
tree.jpg
521KB, 800x1067px
Is this a fungus? I tried googling insect pods at first, but nothing matched.

It's stuck to a crepe myrtle in southern california. The teal thing is about the size of a golfball. The color is so bright, it looks really unnatural.
>>
>>2403011
The teal thing is probably a man-made object, and the flaky black stuff is either a fungus or bark that's been discolored by sap.
>>
>>2403032
Thanks!

If it's man made, does anyone recognize what it's for? Could it be insect repellent? I'm afraid to break it open in case it's full of bugs tbqh
>>
I want to get one more opinion before I cut it...
>>
>>2403143
I honestly don't know.
>>
>>2403011
brown recluse
>>
>>2403631
This, OP, take it to the vet
>>
>>2403568
Whatever it is, its been there a loong time (judging by how the tree has grown around it), so it shouldn't have any active poison or anything although there may be a few bugs that have nested in there. Open it up and show pics.
>>
>>2403671
I'm about to open it, will post pics
>>
>>2404617
I am invested
>>
File: whatisthis.jpg (461KB, 626x900px) Image search: [Google]
whatisthis.jpg
461KB, 626x900px
I'm more confused than before. It's wood inside, but it's not the same kind of wood as the tree. The tree grew around it, as mentioned.

The layer of teal looks too thick to be just paint? It has some cottony fluffs sticking to it. I could cut it further, but I'm guessing it's wood all the way through.

WHAT IS IT?
>>
>>2404623
Cottony fluffs look like they could've been spider eggsacs.

What's the texture of the teal? Is it layered? It could've also been something like a rubber or plastic layer that the object had been dipped in.
>>
>>2404624
The teal is hard and rough. Difficult to cut through. One solid layer. Not really the feel of plastic or rubber, but maybe that's because it's aged.

I shouldn't have stuck my fingers into the fluff behind it if it was spider eggsacs.
>>
>>2404623
This is a super uneducated guess, but maybe someone removed a burl or weird growing branch from it a long time ago, and used some kind of product to cover up the cut to prevent infection?
>>
>>2404625
It looks like they were already open. An intact spider eggsac with spiderlings inside wouldn't be so stretched out. They'd be round.
>>
>>2404626
Interesting...I hadn't thought of that. First I thought someone was trying to graft something to the tree, or maybe a decoration got eaten by the tree.
>>
>>2404627
Thank god. I would've fallen off the ladder if spiders exploded out.
>>
File: 1492605413652.png (6KB, 253x199px) Image search: [Google]
1492605413652.png
6KB, 253x199px
I saw this once before. It's a UFO that crashed into the tree, and the alf within the craft have been dormant yet quite alive.
O.P.s distubance has upset the dormancy and as the alf awaken, mankind shall suffer.
O.P., what is your area code, zip code if possible.
*alf = alien life form
>>
>>2404772
Huh what alien makes a wooden spaceship? Is it a pirate?
>>
>>2404813
>Alien
>Wood
That's not wood, Anon.
>>
>>2404863
Okay. I'm going to try to cut out the whole thing, but I don't know if I can do it right away. I will post if there's an alien inside.

>>2404772
>I saw this once before
What happened?
>>
Forgot to say that if I don't post, maybe I was abducted ALTHOUGH they would have to shrink me down to fit in that
>>
Did you get abducted OP?
>>
>>2404947
if you're still around OP, can you take a photo from the other side of the tree to get a different view of the mystery object?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.