[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many people have such an immense hatred for invasive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: Nutria_JoyceGross_UCBerkeley[1].jpg (93KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
Nutria_JoyceGross_UCBerkeley[1].jpg
93KB, 400x267px
Why do so many people have such an immense hatred for invasive species? It's not that they regard them as a pest, they outright loathe them and want them killed en masse.

I mean I get it, they're changing the ecology somewhat, but it's still no worse than what humans do every day, bulldozing marshland and putting in apartment complexes. Nutria burrowing into stream banks is small time compared to that. Can't we just get along with them? It's not like they asked to come here. People brought them here and now these animals are suffering because of it. They don't know they're hurting anything, they're just trying to get by and make the best of their situation.
>>
>>2402786
>say you want to kill humans en masse
>thrown into jail and raped by niggers
>say you want to kill invasive species en masse
>here's your shotgun and 500 shells
>>
>>2402786
>changing
>somewhat
Nigger, some of them are destroying their local environment.
>>
>>2402803
Depends on your point of view. They're altering it to suit their own needs. It's unfortunate it goes against what the other animals are used to but they'll all adapt and hit an equilibrium eventually.
>>
>>2402804
You have no clue what you are talking about, stop posting.
>>
>>2402805
I'm talking about nutria, I don't know what species you meant. Nutria are pretty mild invaders.
>>
>>2402804
Invasive species are 'unnatural' and fucking up the habitat or native wildlife isn't good. No one really gives a shit about nutrias but look at cats and rats. They've caused more extinctions than any non-humans, though it's our fault they invaded in the first place.

Two wrongs don't make a right, OP. There's nothing wrong in trying to fix something like invasive species.
>>
>>2402839
What about birds though? Are they invasive when their migration patterns change all on their own and they enter new territory? Nobody cares about that. Animals find new ranges all the time throughout history. Everything was invasive at one time or another. Maybe it's just time for the nutria to become naturalized here.
>>
>>2402889
Are you retarded? There is a huge difference between some birds flying a little off course than rats getting released onto an island or small, fragile habitat.

When we say 'invasive species' we mean animals that were released/escaped and push out or kill native species from their home and destroy or damage the natural habitat.
>>
yes there's literally nothing wrong with poor biodiverse.
...except you are clueless how climates work and why there's a need for assorted food chains instead of just one-two
>>
>>2402790
I wish I could upvote you more than once!
>>
>>2402786
>put one placental mammal(Abos) in Australia
>entire biosphere gets fucked

Marsupials truely are objectively shit compared to us placentals.
>>
>>2402900
But the point is they're not doing it to be malicious, they're acting on instinct to survive. How can you hate something that is just doing what it is meant to do? Especially if someone claims to be an animal lover but outright detests X animal for being an animal?
>>
>>2402786
Humans can be taught to change environmentally destructive behaviors. Animals don't have the perspective beyond their immediate needs and baser instincts. The only way to correct the behavior is through death or atleast prevention of propagation.
>>
>>2402938
Because they're fucking animals and at the same time are not conscious enough to know the harm they are doing let alone fix them themselves. If a dog kills a baby, we aren't going to just pat the dog and give it to a new home just because it's owner is a shit.

Most people dont kill animals on sight because they hate them. Sure some do but some people beat their dogs and rape children. Hell, the most times your average person kills an animal is for their health and survival even if it's coming from a misinformed thought. Rodents carry fleas and diseases. Raccoons, foxes and skunks commonly contract rabies, etc. Invasive animals fucking up their pets or food.
>>
>>2402786
>actually caring about animals and environment aside from benefiting the human race. Animals and trees have feelingss tooo
Pls get out misguided plebs
>>
>Hogs and nutria fucking up swamps
>Asian carp ruining fisheries and water ways
>Kudzu ravaging forests
>Gosh! Why do you hate these problem causing creatures! Let them do what they want, never mind them destroying the biodiversity
>>
>>2402978
Dog fucker spotted.
>>
This includes honeybees
>>
>>2402786
We could get along with them better if they weren't so often responsible for endangering the local wildlife
>>
>>2402978
woah, edgy
>>
>>2402938
It's not a matter of hate. Their insticnt to survive often ends up causing irreparable damage to the ecosystem they invaded. So in order to protect said ecosystem, the invasive species should be removed, do you understand?
>>
>>2403556
No. Nutria barely make that big of an impact when two blocks away people are putting parking lots over the same stretch of marsh people are trying to save from the nutria. It's hypocritical and stupid.
>>
>>2403627
>barely make that big of an impact
Shut up. Trophic networks are complex systems. The fact you don't see nutrias goring every other species in the pond doesn't mean they don't have an impact in the previously established relationships.

>when two blocks away people are putting parking lots over the same stretch of marsh
One thing doesn't remove the other, jerkoff. Invasive species are still really fucking harmful to the environment they're inserted into. Yes, it is often the humans who introduce them, but gess what, the only way to fix the problem is to remove the invasive population.
>>
File: invasive gryphon.jpg (91KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
invasive gryphon.jpg
91KB, 1000x1000px
>
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.