[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got myself a birb. How do you train it to quit biting you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1478101009580.webm (3MB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1478101009580.webm
3MB, 720x1280px
Just got myself a birb.
How do you train it to quit biting you?
How do you potty train it?
How do you get it to quit sqwakin?

Hes not very loud but very persistent sometimes.
>>
>>2401103
Lmao i got some bad news for you buddy
>>
>>2401103
Birds do whatever they want and you have to put up with it. If you can't handle that return it now. You will do both you and the bird a favour
>>
>>2401106
Well as long as he learns not to bite it should be fine. His shits are easy as hell to clean up and he doesnt sqwak all the time.
I love him so ill never return him.
Also the breeders dont accept refunds
>>
Usually they stop biting with more handling, but they use their tongues to feel things, like a hand. So they will often bite things, but should be doing it gently.

I've never heard of a parrot being potty trained.

Parrots never stop squawking and screaming.
>>
>>2401107
>breeders
>>out

There are so many birds that need rescue you fuckwit and you cant train them not to shit/squawk.
>>
>>2401110
I've know a few that were somewhat potty trained. They will hold their shits in for a moment before their owners place them above a toilet or trash bin. It's usually done by saying something like "poo-poo" or whatever command and then giving them a treat when they take a dump in their designated toilet. I took care of a sun conure who bit people's ears if she wasn't taken to a toilet and needed to crap. If her request wasn't complied, she'd take a dump on you or would try to shit away from you and onto the floor if she liked you enough (sometimes missing unfortunately).
>>
>>2401103
Couple of things first. Are you sure he is biting you properly, or just using his mouth? There are lots of ways that birds will use their beak, and it's important to know the difference. If he's really clamping down will full force and not letting go, he wants to hurt you. If he does it hard and quick, he's warning you to get out of his face. If it's not done aggressively, he may just be trying to get a grip, and doesn't know his own strength.
What I find works to stop birds biting is showing that you don't care. If they bite, grab them by the beak and keep it closed. This tells them that you call the shots here, and you can stop them from biting.
When it comes to screeching, it's kinda similar and all depends on context. If it's really shrill and quick, that usually means he's scared of something, and that's pretty easy to deal with. If it's sort of monotone and repeated with no variation in time, he wants attention because he's bored
When it comes to shitting, there's nothing you can do but also have tissues nearby
>>
Birds (I'm assuming you have a parrot) make noise. They scream, squawk, chirp, sing, beep and talk. Why get a parrot only to not hear it make noise?

As for potty training, you can't really teach them to only poop in their cage. They make bird pants that work pretty well to catch droppings and it's a good idea to start getting him used to it young. At least bird poop doesn't smell.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.