[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I need some help. Today when I got home from work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (11KB, 284x177px)
download.jpg
11KB, 284x177px
Hey guys, I need some help.

Today when I got home from work I noticed one of my two cats is drooling like crazy. He literally is making puddles of drool wherever he lays down. Yesterday he was perfectly fine, like literally the image of health. I'm really worried and unfortunately no vet is opened at this time in my area (It's almost 10pm here).

Do you have any idea what it might be? My girlfriend had a pretty strong cold the previous two days, might be that?

Cheers
>>
>>2400377
I haven't dealt with this myself, but after googling here's what I found, maybe this will help:
http://www.pethealthnetwork.com/cat-health/cat-diseases-conditions-a-z/why-do-cats-drool-its-never-normal
>>
>>2400381
Thanks mate.

I googled a little myself. It seems it might be a lot of things... Hopefully it's going to be just flue (it would be a big coincidence).

Also my cat is young (he has only 1 year) so it should be any pancreatitis or some teeth infection? I also give my two cats high quality dry and wet food...

Sorry for the rambling... I'm just really worried... I know already I'm not going to sleep until tomorrow morning :(
>>
I asked my girlfriend who is a vet. She said the likely causes of excessive drooling like that on its own are nausea, oral pain or having tasted something unpleasant. If it doesn't stop within an hour or two tops you should take it to a vet as it may have ingested something caustic.

I can also tell you that cats don't catch colds off humans and vice versa.
>>
>>2400416
Thanks! This actually helps. I have checked his mouth and it seems his gums are red. I'm going to try and do a picture.
>>
My elderly cat began drooling all the time too and shaking her head a lot. She had very bad teeth.

I took her to the vet and they removed all but two of her teeth. She's been great ever since.

It seems unlikely that your young cat would have terrible teeth, unless there's something wrong with the food or water you are giving it.
>>
File: IMG_20170606_224049.jpg (170KB, 1267x950px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170606_224049.jpg
170KB, 1267x950px
>>2400416

He wasn't exactly happy about the picture, but here it is. It hard to tell from the picture, but if I compare his gums to my other cat's, the difference is pretty big.
>>
>>2400429
That looks like an abcess. I'd get him in ASAP
>>
>>2400442
doing that first thing in the morning.
>>
Ah, I forgot to say, he has this red gums on both sides.
>>
>>2400429
If the drooling doesn't stop then you might want to look into an after hours vet - caustic ingestion can be serious. I'm not the one who said it looked like am abscess BTW.
>>
Hey, it's OP.

I wanted to thank the couple of anons that tried to help me yesterday. I brought my cat to the vet this morning and in the end it seems just a throat infection/inflammation. My cat got a antibiotic shot and everything should be fine (he stopped drooling now).

A happy ending and a lot of worries for nothing.

Cheers
>>
>>2400932
Nice job, anon. I'm glad it wasn't anything serious.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.