[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, my cat caught a pregnant wood mouse and broke her leg. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 7axBaxZg.jpg (178KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
7axBaxZg.jpg
178KB, 728x546px
So, my cat caught a pregnant wood mouse and broke her leg. I saved it and put it in a old hamster
cage. She survived and gave birth 4 days ago, I haven't majorly disturbed the cage and can hear squeaking coming from inside the nest house. I'm going to have to open the cage to replace the water and take out old food tomorrow because it is getting low.

For tame domestic mice I wouldnt worry about disturbing the nest so soon but the mom is still wild and scared so I dont know if
doing this will lead to baby cannibalization due to stress. Any help?

pic related, is the mouse
>>
>>2400299

Also she is still injured so releasing them into the wild would be a death sentance
>>
>>2400299
flush them down the toilet
>>
>>2400299
So long as you don't disturb the actual nest, it should be fine.
Would also recommend either keeping your cat inside or feeding it antifreeze.
>>
>>2400299
You can't go in a preggo mouse's hut for like seven days, don't clean it so soon.
Creekvalleycritters on YT is the expert on this, she's probably raised thousands of the things by now and it isn't easy. You have the mother so you don't have to do anything but be very sparse in cleaning them out for 60 days, then you can have a normal cleaning schedule of "holy fuck these things fucking stink I'm sick of cleaning this shit every day."
>>
>>2400328

Noticed wood mice are a lot cleaner and smell way less offensive that normal mice so that's a plus
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.