[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just adopted a 12 year old beagle. He's an incredible sweetheart

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: senior11.jpg (11KB, 312x227px) Image search: [Google]
senior11.jpg
11KB, 312x227px
Just adopted a 12 year old beagle. He's an incredible sweetheart who just wants to sleep on the rug, and once and awhile run around like a much younger dog in my yard.

I went to the vet and his bloodwork is completely clean, but he's still super skinny. Any tips to get some weight on him?
>>
>>2399633
Just feed him normally. The weight will come in time.
Beagles tend to go overweight easily, so I really wouldn't do anything special to fatten him up. Also, why didn't you ask the vet?
>>
>>2399637

I did, but by that point she was in a bit of a rush to get to the next patient so we didn't have much time to talk. Plus this board tends to be pretty good about feeding tips.
>>
Feed him decent nutrition, and watch his stools. Too much food can make turds really loose. So you want high calorie to weight.
I'd try a small bag of high end, high fat and protien kibble. (pro plan, fromms, check on Chewy's)
A beagle can live 18-20 yrs. There is a good seat saved for you in the afterlife, O.P.
>>
File: Alder.jpg (153KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Alder.jpg
153KB, 1200x675px
>>2399909

Right now he's on Wellness Senior that I mix with a little unsweetened pumpkin puree, as I've found works for my other dog. He seems to like it and, as long as he's doing well, I'll keep him on that and hopefully he's going to fill out.

And thanks, I'm hoping to get plenty of time with him.
>>
Post pic of the dog side on and from the top.
>>
File: image000000_2.jpg (247KB, 1094x1944px) Image search: [Google]
image000000_2.jpg
247KB, 1094x1944px
>>2399996
>>
File: image000001.jpg (337KB, 2592x1458px) Image search: [Google]
image000001.jpg
337KB, 2592x1458px
>>2400271
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.