[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

not sure what to do about my dog >her left eye gets swollen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1491367104894.gif (833KB, 696x478px) Image search: [Google]
1491367104894.gif
833KB, 696x478px
not sure what to do about my dog

>her left eye gets swollen
>i take her to doctor
>he recommends eye removal
>other eye starts to swell
>Says i should check with eye doc first
>shell out anohter 300 at the eye doc
>they agreee left eye to be removed but right eye will be fine with medication
>thats all they say
>go back to first vet for eye removal, costs me 500 more dollars
>take her home and give her good eye the medications
>a month and a half later shes still waking me up in the middle of the night trying to scratch her eye against the pillow
>the auto immune disease causes her whole body to be insanely itchy so she just starts barking at random moments cuz she needs someone to rub her
>if you take off her cone all she does is chew on herself
>she'll even stop when we go on walks (her favorite thing) and just start biting at her self
>cant leave the cone off for more than a few hours otherwise she'll chew until we hear crunches and her fur falls off
>call back eye doc to see whats wrong, her eye medicatiosn wotn work
>they didnt even bother telling me about the auto immune disease the other doctor had to inform me based on their report
>they say 'we can adjust her medication but you gotta come in and pay 200 dollars for a consultation

im running out of fucking money and she spends all fucking day irritated and she cant scratch herself with the cone on but even with it off thats not healthy and even with it on shes still managing to scratch her eye and its just a matter of time before she scratches a hole in that one.

i really just dont know what to fucking do at this point shes only 5 years old.
>>
I'm sorry anon, I wish I had an answer but here's a bump in case a vet on here sees this.
>>
>>2399542

thank you anon. i just dont know what to do. im sitting here like 'if i pinch pennies will this be solved in 1000 dollars? 2000 dollars? how much am i supposed to put down to seem like i tried before she inevitably just dies and its no fair that she can't sleep through the night and then i feel like aj erk for wanting to find a way out of this and its all just circling in my head.
>>
>>2399555
I understand, I think the best thing you can do right now is give your dog lots of scratches and try to make her as comfortable as possible.
Is there any anti itch meds the vet could give you maybe?
>>
>>2399526
Name of meds and dosage? Name of disease?
>>
>>2399561

the doctors claim its KCS, but the problem is KCS only attacks the eyes, and not the rest of her body, but her entire body is losing moisture.

shes on tacrolimus
Oxicalin ophalate (no idea how to spell that at my office right now)
and eye pet lube plus.

her moisture level is now 30, when the normal dogs only have 14, so this is supposedly good, but she still wakes up in the middle of the night trying to scratch her eye out and even with the cone on shes still managing to scratch it. when im at work i just think about how she is probably scratching it against the carpet.
>>
>>2399566
Is there anything out of the norm with her skin/fur? Besides the bitten parts, I mean.
Any secretions, rashes, hair loss, lumps, etc?
Did the vets check her entire body or did they go just for the eye?

They ran a hemogram, right? Think you can post it here when you get home?
>>
>>2399579

i dont know what a hemogram is. her fur looks fine, since getting the cone it looks fine, shes just dry.

previous vets checked her entire body and claimed it was an allergic reaction to flees. the steroids worked the first time. not the second time.
>>
>>2399526
put the thing down friend. If it can't operate in nature, than she shouldn't be forced to be kept alive.
Think about it.
>>
>>2399526
This is why I don't want animals/kids.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.