[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>went to a reptile show >looked at amphibians >left

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: Noodle.jpg (2MB, 2258x1693px) Image search: [Google]
Noodle.jpg
2MB, 2258x1693px
>went to a reptile show
>looked at amphibians
>left with my third axolotl
>gave it to my mom as a gift (because she wanted one)
>she calls him her big Noodle
>>
>>2398898
Aren't they like really endangered because of the black market?
>>
>>2399264
Breeding them as pet is literally saving them right now. These guys are fucking dumb.
>>
>>2399264
no, there are more now than there ever were in the past, they're piss easy to breed. The wild population is fucked because their entire habitat is built over by Mexico city
>>
>>2399279
Breeding them isn't really saving wild populations, not to mention the axolotls in the pet trade, especially the albinos where first crossed with tiger salamanders to be able to study regeneration, which is easier to see on the unpigmented sink.
They're going extinct dude to water temperature increasing and pollution. No real chance of saving the wild ones sadly
>>
Hello Noodle
>>
>>2399291
Yeah but at least they're easy to breed as a pet. A good water chiller is fucking disgustingly expensive though, costs like twice a ps4.
>>
i would like to have them but i have no spare big enough aquarium/box
>>
>>2398898
Are these easy to take care of? I've been wanting to get one, and my mom likes them too. I live in hot ass Arizona though, so I'm wondering how I can even get a hold of one.
>>
>>2399327
Oh yeah definitely. I can't even think of getting one since I basically live in a desert area and one of these lil shits will cost me an arm and a leg to keep.
>>
>>2399280
So, they are indeed very endangered.
>>
>>2399279
Extinct in the wild is still extinct.
>>
>>2399412
Pretty easy if you can afford a chiller or have a very poweful AC. Cheap diet, no fancy decor needed, and more hardy than people seem to think.
I'd recommend a 20 gallon tank, fine sand, some hiding places, live plants and maybe a buddy. Caudata has a nice list of safe pets, substrate, and food.
>>
>>2399524
Not how that works, bud.
>>
>>2398898
hope your mom has an indoor pond for that thing as anything less than that is cruel and asinine
>>
>>2399520
Breeding them in captivity is the only way they will survive. They were only ever found in two lakes to begin with, and noe they are down to one very polluted lake. Humans sped up the process of endangerment, but the lakes would have dried on tgeir own eventually, and we would have needed to breed them.
>>
>>2399695
Nice meme hun
>>
>>2399370
A 20g is all you need, even a ten is doable.
>>
>>2399693
Tho I would suggest bumping it up to a 40 gallon for a pair (dollar per gallon sales are a lifesaver for this shit). As for the filter something like a sponge filter is ideal since they don't like a strong flow.
When getting two make sure they are around the same size because they will pretty much eat each other.
>>
>>2399693
Hmm, so keeping a couple of these guys in Wyoming wouldn't be hard at all?
>>
>>2400036
I'm keeping them in Maryland with no issue. The temperature outside doesn't matter if you got an AC or chiller, similar to how a heater will help tropical fish in any area.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.