[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Giganthopus marshiensis What did Crichton mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: DragonTeeth-Cover-Live.jpg (137KB, 726x1098px) Image search: [Google]
DragonTeeth-Cover-Live.jpg
137KB, 726x1098px
>Giganthopus marshiensis

What did Crichton mean by this?

Is there a legit list about the real species discovered/described by Marsh?
>>
>a posthumous Michael Crichton novel

Neat, but they sure are weighing heavy on Jurassic Park nostalgia for that cover.

It's probably made up; it may be a reference to Gigantopithecus bones, a type of extinct gigantic ape, which were found in the hands of the chinks who were selling them as dragon bones.
>>
>>2398776
Last posthumous Crichton novel I read was Micro, and that was pretty bad. Is this worth reading?
>>
>>2398794
defo, it's pretty interesting that according to the afterword by his wife Crichton was doing research for this book by the mid-70s, even before he had the idea for JP

>>2398800
never read Micro, so I can't compare it, but I like it better than Next so far, it's comfy and interesting enough.

really short though, you won't spend much time with it either way.
>>
>>2398819
>never read Micro, so I can't compare it, but I like it better than Next so far, it's comfy and interesting enough.
So is this (Giganthopus marshiensis) the big ebin discovery I'm supposed to be so excited about? Is this it? This is the book?
>>
>>2400550
not really, the prof is proud of it, but it's just a skeleton that stands in the background in chapter two.
>>
>>2401098
Wow. So that's the big reveal huh? Why on Earth would he even consider writing an infinitely more boring dinosaur book?
>>
>>2401348
>that reading comprehension

books in general shouldn't be a concern of yours m8
>>
>>2401689
Well the synopsis says there's a big discovery and so far, that's the only thing anyone's talking about, so I'm guessing this is it. If it isn't, please do let me know.
>>
>>2401940
There's no actual big reveal that I remember. It's a "historical" novel about the paleontology rivalry between Marsh and Cope and has more wild west gunslinging than dinosaurs. It's more like Pirate Latitudes or Great Train Robbery than his sci-fi stuff.

It's a fun enough read, but there's no way it's going to end up being seen as some of his best work. There's a reason it never got published in his lifetime and they sure are just trying cash in on the Crichton name and Jurassic Park.
>>
>>2401954
So it's exactly as I thought. And this is where I got that:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Dragon_Teeth&oldid=782300500

William is forced to join forces with Cope and soon stumbles upon a discovery of historic proportions. With this extraordinary treasure, however, comes exceptional danger

What the fuck are they talking about? Also, note that someone decided to baleet everything from the wikipedia article.
>>
>>2401940
>>2401958
Jesus fuck on ecstasy, man.

>Well the synopsis says there's a big discovery and so far, that's the only thing anyone's talking about,
guess what, I haven't got to the big discovery yet, if there's one. I made a thread about something I read at the beginning.

>so I'm guessing this is it. If it isn't, please do let me know.
>>2401098 with the phrases "not really" and "chapter two" should have been more than enough to let you know. except the way you took it is:

>so is Gigantho the big ebin reveal?
>nah, it's a minor thing that comes up in chapter two
>I see, so Gigantho is the big ebin reveal, lame

seriously, how does that work?
>>
>>2398800
Micro was okay. It was probably bad because it was unfinished and they brought another dude in. I mean, Pirate Latitudes was posthumous, and that was pretty damn good.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.