[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Some people are crying because they say humans provoque animals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: fire-ecology-notes-ppt-6-638.jpg (67KB, 638x479px) Image search: [Google]
fire-ecology-notes-ppt-6-638.jpg
67KB, 638x479px
Some people are crying because they say humans provoque animals exctiction. I'm not saying they are wrong but why is it so terrible to have something like 1 million different species instead of the 8 millions we think there are in the world.
I know diversity is important to some people but a million is still a lot.
And why is it terrible that some weird rare amazonian species with no special thing go exctinct?
>>
There is no good or bad. If something happens it happens. From a purely darwinistic view you deserve everything that happens to you (assuming that the concept of deserving anything eve applies). So yeah, the animals that adapt to humanity should live and the ones that don't can go fuck themselves.
>>
>>2398024
Preach it Anon
>>
Maybe because losing a few species here and there might not be a big deal but losing so many species is a warning that something is wrong.

It's basically the biological equivalent of a canary in the coal mine.
>>
Becouse we're supposed to be intelligent enough to care for and preserve lesser beings.
>>
>no special thing
Google 'keystone species.'
>>
>>2399912
Unfortunately I doubt he'd bother. That kind of tirade usually comes from someone who just doesn't care.
>>
>And why is it terrible that some weird rare amazonian species with no special thing go exctinct?
The extinction of a single species can have a domino effect that destroys the entire ecosystem.

Some effective predator of another species dies out, that species has no effective predator and so grows out of control, that out of control population leads to a food shortage for it and other animals that leads to a larger extinction, the animals that fed on that third species now have no food, etc., etc.

the death/expulsion of the algae that maintain coral reefs and the destruction of the great barrier reef in australia is pretty much guaranteed to cause a drastic and unsustainable drop in the population of staple fish.

Humans are fucked
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.