[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Getting a cat to use a pet bed He's not allowed on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: 234987397.jpg (129KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
234987397.jpg
129KB, 612x612px
>Getting a cat to use a pet bed

He's not allowed on the furniture and we have hardwood floors so I thought I'd treat him.

I've tried lining it with an old shirt of mine, I let him check it out at his own pace, and it's next to the heater.

I think he's just contrarian and knows I want him to use it. I should punish him next time he uses it and he'll probably use it all the time.
>>
>>2397531
>own cat
>cat not allowed on stuff
>cat rubs asshole on everything while you are not in

Put cat in bed. Pet cat until it doesn't want to be petted anymore or falls asleep.
>>
>>2397531
Does anyone else think cats smell comfy? I'm not talking about their disgusting breath, but how the back of their heads or ears smell. It seems to me most cats have a pleasant, comfy smell.
>>
>>2397568
I do. Warm floofy cat belly.
Why get a cat if you don't let it on furniture. Can't snuggle him on the sofa.. Watch him climb into silly high places. Shit excuse for pet owners
>>
>>2397568
>>2397575
toxoplasmosis in action
cats smell rank
>>
>>2397531
I can usually make cats roost where I want them to by pretending to be preoccupied with carefully folding or unfolding something like a towel, blanket or newspaper. Then I leave the room for 2 minutes and it's laying on it when I come back. Cats are dicks like that. Use it to your advantage. You can't make it obvious.
>>
>>2398017
Oh, and they're naturally attracted to certain areas. High shelves or perches where they can be aloof and survey the peons or areas that you have deemed important like your bed or table. The closer you can get a folded item lure to the elevational and social importance of these areas, the more effective they will be.
>>
File: 1483289351029.png (147KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1483289351029.png
147KB, 400x240px
>Trying to stop a cat from sleeping wherever they want
Good luck faggot the instant you leave the house that cat is gonna get hair all over all the shit you try and keep him off.
>>
>>2397531
>buying a cat bed
what an idiot
I just had a box with my extra blankets sitting in my room and she sleeps there
But she sleeps anywhere she wants
>>
>thinks he can keep cats off the couch
Ahahaha fag. I'm happy mine at least don't go on the tables or counters.he slept in a cat bed once but that was because I put a piece of paper in it.
>>
>>2397531
Put the bed inside of a cardboard box.
>>
>>2397568
>>2397575
It's because cats are capable of physically grooming every square inch of their bodies. So they are relatively clean animals.
>>
>>2397794
Not as rank as wet dog.
>>
>>2398198
They're not clean, they are just covered in cat spit.
>>
>>2398200
A lot cleaner than most animals that aren't covered in cat spit.
>>
>>2397531
Nigga cats are literally meant to climb and perch on higher places. It is instinctive, and trying to prevent it is ultra silly.
You are one dumb motherfucker.
>>
>>2398263
He already stays on the floor.
I've trained him well enough.
But he's sleeping on the floor near the pet bed, is the problem.
>>
>>2397531
>>Getting a cat to use a pet bed

Euthanize it
>>
>>2397531
Cats tend to like cool, hard places to sleep on. Or at least very firm.

Cat beds are a meme. They're designed for dogs.
>>
>>2399008
My cats like to sleep in their cat bed because I put it under the couch and the raised sides make them feel safe I think.
>>
File: Untitled.png (243KB, 338x400px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
243KB, 338x400px
This is the only bed my cats have ever used regularly. They don't use it all the time but my male cat (not the one in the pic, that's his sister) uses it usually once a day or so.

This bed is pretty firm. He usually likes to sleep on my dresser instead. I got it at Petco a long time ago on clearance but it was originally pretty expensive.
>>
>>2397794
The whole reason cats wash themselves religiously is to remove any scent that could alert predators or other territorial cats. I highly doubt you have a better olfactory system then most predators so only reason a cat should have a scent strong enough to to be rank would be if it's a sick cat and not washing itself or your scent receptors are messed up in some way and sensing things that aren't there.
>>
>>2397531
It could be worse. My parents bought my cats a $250 cat tree and they still would rather climb up the fucking cabinets instead.
>>
>people with no clue on cat behavior get confused by cat behavior

gee wiz
>>
>>2397794
have you ever sniffed a cat's neck before?
it smells good
>>
File: LecEwnQ.jpg (1MB, 2041x1440px) Image search: [Google]
LecEwnQ.jpg
1MB, 2041x1440px
>>2400000
I agree, and so do you digits, holy smokes
>>
File: check the digits.jpg (160KB, 937x836px) Image search: [Google]
check the digits.jpg
160KB, 937x836px
>>2400000
>>
>>2400000
>When the quints are given to the most simplistic post
Why do the gods play with us so
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.