[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One day has passed after adopting a shelter cat, and even though

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: stray_cat_3.jpg (63KB, 579x600px) Image search: [Google]
stray_cat_3.jpg
63KB, 579x600px
One day has passed after adopting a shelter cat, and even though he's as lovable and independent as I could have hoped for, I'm starting to experience severe regret for reasons that aren't quite clear to me.

How should I feel about this? Will it pass?
>>
making a life-changing decision always brings some kind of regret. it will usually pass as you get used to the change and realize that the benefits outweigh the negatives.
>>
>>2397474

You have Generalized Anxiety Disorder.

Seek help.
>>
>>2397474
just throw the cat away
i mean, it's just a cat, who cares
>>
>>2397474
>I'm starting to experience severe regret
Well yeah, you got a cat.
>>
you paid money for a stinky parasite machine that shits and pisses in a box in your house for a decade or more until it dies

i would also feel regret if i were you
>>
>>2397474
Only One day has passed. It's normal that you might feel some regret, but with time your cat will develop love for you and you for your cat.
>>
>>2397474
You're gonna do just fine. Cat's are fucking awesome (from someone who has both cats and dogs, cat haters are literal autists), and are bro tier pals without much effort.
Just make sure you play with him, don't let him outside (he'll get accustomed to it and be a pain in the ass about it) and feed him a proper diet.
>>
>>2397474
Nothing a brain parasite can't solve!
>>
>>2397474
Are you a woman?

Please never have children.
>>
>>2397474
Can't help ya there, m8. I know when I got my pup I cried tears of joy and then a few more times as the months passed by when I looked at her little puppy face.
Cats are awful animals in general though so I can understand your regret.
>>
>>2397474
You don't like responsibility do you? That is what is most likely hitting you.
>>
I had that too. Don't bring him back to the shelter or you will regret it. I did that with mine and I never saw him again. I didn't realize how lucky I was to have such a sweet kitty until he was gone. Nearly every day I wonder what became of him and what his new family is like.

Just wait it out. It will pass.
>>
>>2397511
this
>>
cats are like tattoos
unless you have emotional issues, you will eventually regret getting it
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.