[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A shitty tomcat is shitting in my garden. How do I stop it when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: times-cats.png (400KB, 1600x1062px) Image search: [Google]
times-cats.png
400KB, 1600x1062px
A shitty tomcat is shitting in my garden. How do I stop it when I also have my mostly indoor cat that uses the garden.
>>
>>2397471
Live trap w/bait in your garden.
You can close the door on a simple box trap when you let your cats out, which is probably what is attracting the stray and the reason it's marking your garden.
>>
Piss around your garden. I'm serious. Eat some asparagus or drink coffee then pee in a cup until you have enough and pour it around the garden, at least 1ft around it.
>>
>>2397471
Put up an electric fence. It doesn't need to be expensive. It only needs to be 1 strand of wire at nose height to a cat. That normally stops all cats. Though, if you had outside cats that you pet on, they would find a way over/under the wire just to get to you.
>>
You can try mixing lemon juice and water and spraying it both around and in your garden. Cats hate lemon juice for some reason. That's how I got my cat to stop going in the bathtub. They'll completely avoid your garden and anywhere else you spray it, and you don't have to make the neighbors think you're a nutjob by spraying your own excrements in your yard!
>>
File: interdogsting.jpg (33KB, 451x451px) Image search: [Google]
interdogsting.jpg
33KB, 451x451px
>>2397540
Interdasting.
I've got a concrete turtle in my yard with a sandy spot underneath because no sun, and all winter no snow, gets to it. Cats understand this to mean they can come from far and wide to hang around my place and shit under my turtle, which somewhat upsets me and my dog.
It continued after the snowmelt, and the shitting zone expanded. As soon as it became warm enough for me to piss off the deck, late April, there have been no more cats in the yard.
Thank you Anon. This is much easier than traps and firearms.
>>
File: IMG_20170603_104222486~01~01~01.jpg (217KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170603_104222486~01~01~01.jpg
217KB, 800x480px
>>2397553
And before someone needs to ask, image related.
>>
>>2397553
It's a hit or miss. Might as well try it before you spend money on shit. I recommend coffee. Drink a couple of cups in the morning or whenever and piss that shit out in a cup.
>>2397556
Cute turtle. They really shit underneath that? The fuck? Hell, you could get get some motioned sensor water shit to spray the cats to gtfo.
>>
>>2397471
Call animal control or kill it yourself.

Feral cats are incredibly determental to local ecosystems.
>>
>>2397540
>>2397548
I don't want to use cat repellent because my own cat goes into the garden. What if I used some of my cat's pee from her litter tray?

>>2397581
>>2397503
It belongs to a neighbour so I don't think I can trap it.
>>
use cat detergents along fence
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (591KB, 1536x1024px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
591KB, 1536x1024px
>>2397581
>Feral cats are incredibly determental to local ecosystems.

Depends on where you live. We have a major rabbit problem and the local stray keeps them from eating my garden. I named her Bob.
>>
File: Solutions are available.jpg (186KB, 1429x764px) Image search: [Google]
Solutions are available.jpg
186KB, 1429x764px
>>2397503
>Live trap w/bait in your garden.

This.

Pic related.
>>
File: 78548gasdf23.jpg (19KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
78548gasdf23.jpg
19KB, 450x450px
>>2397671
top meme, upboated!!!
>>
>>2397630
I don't know call animal control or piss on the cat?
>>
>>2397684
Yes... meme...
>>
>>2397630
You can still trap the cat. Just trap it and if you see an ID tag, bring the cat to them and explain. Better yet if they aren't home, bring it to the animal shelter and tell them that you tried to contact the owners but they weren't around. They will probably have to pay some cash to get their cat back.

Hell if the cat is on your property without ID it's your property now. Possession is 9/10ths the law. You can kill it if you even think it poses a threat to you or your family/pets, so long as it is dispatched legally. But you will probably have to defend your decision in court and your neighbor will just get another cat anyway.

If you need an excuse as to why you had to trap the cat, let them know your cat has some illness like FIV (there's no vaccine for it, incurable and it's pretty contagious) and you don't want other cats to get it. However this excuse also means you need to make sure your cats don't get off the property.
>>
catch it, tie it down, and spray it directly in the face with a high pressure hose for a few seconds

i promise you will never see it again
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.