[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do any of you guys have a diabetic cat with pancreatitis? I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: bengal-cat7.jpg (28KB, 400x246px) Image search: [Google]
bengal-cat7.jpg
28KB, 400x246px
Do any of you guys have a diabetic cat with pancreatitis? I have my cat on lantus, an all protein diet, and cerenia, but she isn't gaining any weight. Do any of you have any suggestions? She is a Spotted Bengal, 15 years old, and currently weighs around 8 pounds. Thanks for the help I greatly appreciate it.
>>
That's pretty specific. And at that age, looks grim. Not much to do other than ask your vet or tube feed her meat slushies and hope she doesn't throw them up.
>>
My cat had diabetes for about 7 years. Lantus the whole time. He was almost 20 lbs at first diagnosis so the goal was to reduce weight, and only gain some back near the end of his life when he was having kidney problems. Forgot the weight he finally ended up at, around 7 lbs I think.
>>
She actually eats really well. We are still trying out different insulin doses to see which one works best.
>>
>>2397086
The idea with diabetes is to prevent the animal from losing weight, most veterinarians (including myself) would advise against making your animal gain weight unless it is a very low BCS. If your cat is losing weight, it is possibly an uncontrolled diabetic or has hypersomatotropism.
Given that your cat has (active?) pancreatitis, I would advise against weight gain.

If your cat is at a stable weight, advice is to support your cat through it's bought of pancreatitis before changing anything else.

Make sure you look out for signs of DKA as animals that are diabetic that develop a concurrent disease can go into this crisis. Signs of DKA include not doing well, lethargy, vomiting, CNS signs (ataxia, unresponsiveness, seizures). Take your cat to a veterinarian immediately if this occurs.

>>2397161
You should really stop trying to change a lot of things in your cat at one time.
Step 1- control the diabetes
Step 2- support through pancreatitis
step 3- weight gain (IF NECESSARY)
do not do these all at once.
>>
>>2397363
sorry step 1 and 2 should be done together but you get my gist
>>
>>2397086
>diabetic cat with pancreatitis

No, but I have a .22 if you want to borrow it.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.