[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me /an/. I can get Staffordshire Bull Terrier puppy (boy)for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (73KB, 720x482px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 720x482px
Help me /an/.

I can get Staffordshire Bull Terrier puppy (boy)for free (friend is a breeder and she owed me some cash).
They are reputable breeders and puppy already has everything done that is required.

The thing is, anyone here can vouch for these?
I read online that they just look mean and are basically big goofs, but still with the Pitbull scare craze...

Also it would be my first dog ever.
I live in flat that has dog park like 50 meters away.
>>
the "reputable" breeder will be able to answer all your questions.
>>
How old this that puppy? It looks too young to be away from its mom
>>
this dog is nothing to be scared of they are just big sweet babies. They take a little bit longer to train but once they hit about 1 year they got it.
>>
Tell them to sell the dog if it's worth that much, then give you the money
>>
>>2396147
Well, every individual dog is different, but pit bull type dogs in general have some concerns
1: staffordshires may not get as big and strong as the common image of a pit bull but they are still very strong, strong enough to be hard to control physically. If you don't know how to train a dog to listen to you without argument, don't get one.
2: They have a lot of muscle, and that lot of muscle needs a lot of exercise. If you aren't tiring them out playing outside and letting them run around, they will behave badly indoors. They can seem like they're fine being couch potatoes when you're with them, but then you leave them alone for an hour and come back and the couch is in pieces.
3: they tend have a strong prey drive, they need to be very well socialized with other dogs of all sizes and introduced to kitties, and other small pets while still puppies so they can learn that they are friends and not food
4: other tards with dogs, usually the ones who are also bad owners, will be scared of your dog, and their dogs will pick up on that and get aggressive with your pit bull. Speaking as someone who had one for 16 years you will be shocked by how often this happens. And you better hope you've socialized your doggo perfectly and trained away any dog aggression it had because when some completely untrained yapper dog owned by some retarded princess who wanted a living accessory, that's probably not even on a fucking leash latches on to your pit bull's face and starts shaking, and your evil child killing pit bull takes offense to that and rips its throat out, you and your dog will be the ones who face consequences.
>>
>>2396582
This.

I also highly doubt they're a reputable breeder. A dog breeder's first thought to pay you back for a debt wouldn't be to sell a puppy. Good breeders' #1 priority should not be profit.

In fact, if they had to borrow money I doubt they would breed. Breeding is a hobby for someone with money to invest, not a way to make money. I knew someone who bred Belgian Malinois, mainly for law enforcement. At one point she ended up in dire monetary distress when her husband and mother died within a month of each other, both due to cancer and she was the caretaker of both in illness.

She of course kept the one retired female dog she used to breed and the two brother sires she had. She never bred again, and still hasn't since she is still paying off medical debt. After 8 years. God bless America.

Point is, not even the potential sire dogs entered her mind once for breeding when she was distracted by financial distress.

Just abstain and ask for money. You could find a purebred Staffy puppy in a shelter or regional rescues if you look around enough. Which doesn't take much effort honestly.

Be wary of any opinions your friend "breeder" has on dogs or any animals. It is likely skewed.
>>
Different dog breeds have been selectively bred to have different behaviors in their blood. For example border collies like to herd things, Newfoundland dogs love swimming because they've been bred to fetch things from water, pointers point at prey animals, some other dogs are bred to bark at the prey or chase after it, and so on.

Staffordshire Bull Terriers are one of the breeds that are considered pitbull types. These dogs were selectively bred for dog-fighting. You'll need to be prepared to handle dog-aggression if it turns out to be necessary.

Pitbulls are not supposed to be human-aggressive though; in a pit, they're meant to attack the other dog while ignoring the human handlers. Most of them appear to be very affectionate and loving with people. And even though pitbull attacks are horrifying, they're not as frequent or as likely as sensational tabloids make it sound. More people die annually from lightning strikes than pitbull attacks. Often there are warning signs before an attack takes place, too.

Basically you shouldn't let scary news articles frighten you, but you shouldn't be overly optimistic and naive either.

Getting a puppy is a large responsibility that will last for over a decade, and pitbulls have their own challenges. I wouldn't accept the dog as a payment, I'd ask the friend to do this instead >>2396582

Also, you could ask your friend "is it true that pitbulls used to be called 'nanny dogs'?". If she says it's true, take that as a sign to avoid her dogs. People who spread that myth around are ignorant, irresponsible, and they cause dog bites.
>>
Your breeder SHOULD be able to to answer questions. They are people pleasers and very trainable. However you gotta keep them occupied and exercised or else they get a little stubborn and chew on shit. Also they get heavy and strong as fuck so be ready for that. Train it with positive reinforcement, plenty of exercise and you should have yourself a big ol loveable beasty. Good luck.
>>
OP here, upon consideration I refused.

Puppies are super sweet (seen them today) but the mother is one big ass dog (strong too) and if I fuck up rising it I don't wanna have trouble.

I am however 100% in getting a dog , seems labradors are "newb" friendly.
>>
Reputable breeders actually breed staffies? Not just council estate scum. Kek. Shelters are full of them.
>>
>>2397026
Good decision. Labs are good boys. Very trustworthy with minimum training
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.