[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone have any experience with c&c cages? Would you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

Does anyone have any experience with c&c cages? Would you like to share your cage builds?

I'm going to be making one soon and would appreciate any tips that can be given
>>
It's really easy. Zip tie the pieces together in addition to the included connecting plastic things for extra strength. When cutting coroplast to size, score only one side so the bottom and sides are still connected. You will have better water retention that way.
>>
>>2395894
So when scoring the coroplast I only cut into half of the area I want to fold, not all the way through? I was going to cut it and hot glue it back together. I'm putting a hedgehog in it so I don't think it will need to weather a flood.
>>
>>2395894
I had a bitch of a time with the plastic bits. I just used zip ties only. It felt like the plastic bits wouldn't actually hold it at all, like it was just for show. Of course my cage was from 15 years ago, they probably make the shelving things different now.
>>
interesting didn't knew about these. How do you call the grid thingies?
>>
>>2395952
You can search grid wire shelving at bed bath and beyond and get 17 panels for 19.99. The coroplast is from homedepot for cheap.
>>
>>2395983
Thanks, I don't live in the US so I don't have those stores available.
>>
>>2395920
Correct.
>>
>>2395940
Nah they're still flimsy.
>>
what is c&c?
>>
>>2396131
Cube and coroplast
>>
>>2395894
>>2395940
I've used metal clamps to prevent plastic getting chewed.
A bitch to get back off but they hold up much better.
>>
Bump because I didn't know these existed and would like to see anon's builds. Got some materials earlier today.
>>
>>2395655
my hamster would climb out of that thing.
>>
>>2398157
Yes, it only works for guinea pigs because they suck at climbing.
>>
>>2398176
I've seen them used for rabbits, hedgehogs, guinea pigs, and some weird multi-story ones for ferrets and chinchillas.
>>
>>2398157
They aren't used for hamsters, rats or animals that can easily climb. Guinea pigs, rabbits, chinchillas depending how high it is, etc. Those animals need more bottom space rather than height.
>>
>>2398157
That's why if it's not a guinea pig you put a top on it with more of the grid panels
>>
>>2398229
>>2398233
You could just pit an extra panel on top if that were the only issue. I imagine the bigger problem is finding panels with holes small enough that a hamster couldn't simply slip through the bars.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.