[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can I do about this cat? She is going BONKERS at all times

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 2017-05-31 22.36.54.jpg (3MB, 1590x2829px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-31 22.36.54.jpg
3MB, 1590x2829px
What can I do about this cat? She is going BONKERS at all times with no chill if we're not playing. And she only plays with a string I manipulate, will not play with one hanging there or a ball or toy mouse, ect. I get maybe 3 hours of sleep a night because she won't chill out, I play with her for about an hour and a half a day and at least 30 minutes before bed time. I'm a single person that works 50 hours a week...I don't know what more I can do. She meows at me constantly and jumps into the blinds (honestly I feel on purpose because it makes the most noise and right next to the bed) when trying to sleep. If I put her outside the room it's non stop meowing and my walls are like paper. I've had her for 3 weeks now from the spca and my life has been hell. I don't want to be heartless and give her back but idk what else to do. I've tried melatonin treats, she purposefully avoids them now after the first night of it (she even avoids her food if I sprinkle it on there), I've tried pheromone spray, cat nip, cat grass, ect. Please help
>>
>>2395522
Meet positive behavior with positive reinforcement, negative behavior with negative reinforcement. Play time/treats when she is quiet, ignore/spray bottle when she bothers you.
>>
>>2395565
Spray bottle is actually positive punishment, not negative reinforcement.
>>
>>2395569
If you're talking about operant conditioning yes. Don't gotta sperg out about it though, I'm sure I got the point across.
>>
>>2395522

What a cutie. My cat will chase a laser for like a minute and she's not even overweight. She is pretty good about occupying herself though.
>>
>>2395565
I've been doing this when I'm awake and home but I can't do anything when I'm trying to sleep and she decides "nope it's still not sleeptime, let me meow 50 times a minute and jump from the bed to the window blinds repeatidly while you lay down and try to ignore me"
>>
>>2395522
How old is she?
She might just have a ton of energy
Have you tried any of those toys that move on their own?
Maybe she'd play with that while you work instead of sleeping
>>
>>2395846
11 months, she tricked me by acting chill as hell at the shelter and the first two days after getting her. I have a battery powered weasel/ball thing that she looks at, then looks back at me wondering why I turned a thing on. She's just incredibly clingy with the energy, every cat my parents had growing up that was young and liked playing would still go off and do their own thing for a bit.
>>
Obtain second cat so they can amuse each other.
>>
File: 1390280615787.jpg (242KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1390280615787.jpg
242KB, 1920x1080px
>>2395522
>>2395860
>adopting a single kitten when you work 50 hours a week and probably live in a small apartment

You brought this on yourself.
>>
>>2395890
then you end up with cats that are bonded to each other and don't give two shits about you
>>
File: 2017-06-01 11.27.54.jpg (3MB, 1590x2829px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-01 11.27.54.jpg
3MB, 1590x2829px
>>2395895
She tricked me, she was so chill! Yea it probably wasn't the smartest....I was going in to get an older cat but she is GORGEOUS so I couldn't say no :(
>>
>>2395901
Dhe didn't trick you you outrageous faggot. Her behavior is changing in response to your faggotry.

This is a life. Stop being so fucking flippant.
>>
>>2395913
Lolk
>>
File: images (3).jpg (3KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
3KB, 300x168px
>>2395522
Herrrroo i wirr taku probrem kitty off you hands for you i love kitty
>>
>>2395923
I'd actually consider giving her to someone in the cincy area, granted they aren't insane and I felt confident in them handling her. It'd be better than going back to the spca. She doesn't do well with dogs at all, other cats she seems fine with.
>>
>>2395522
My cat didn't play much with cat toys either. I noticed he showed interest on hitting small stuff so I started using drinking straws, a small plushie and bouncing balls. I throw once and then boy chases them around the house . Also, try giving her some cardboard boxes to scratch and pet her when she's calmed or about to sleep. Be glad she has shit tons of energy, once she gets older you'll miss all the play.
>>
>>2395947
A lot of cats only play with toys manipulated by people, since something just lying on the ground isn't going to stimulate their hunting instincts.
Get a box, put a nice blanket in it, and put it in a closet. Baam, your cat will have a new favorite place to sleep and may ignore you during the night.
Also, the toy you have for her sounds like shit. Look into the motorized toy feeding things (I can't be assed to look up its name), it makes the cat play around with a toy mouse thing to make food come out and occupies them and wastes their energy.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.