[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pets: cats > dogs > fish > nothing > birds >>>>>>>>

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 18

File: happy-couple-buying-leash.jpg (256KB, 1300x957px) Image search: [Google]
happy-couple-buying-leash.jpg
256KB, 1300x957px
pets:

cats > dogs > fish > nothing > birds >>>>>>>> SNAKES and lizards
>>
File: 10674867934657.png (2MB, 596x3200px) Image search: [Google]
10674867934657.png
2MB, 596x3200px
LOL
>>
>>2393700
Is that Mike Tyson in that picture? I know he's a pigeon lover.

>those with 2+ cats are sociopaths who probably see them as accessories

>dog owners are narcissists who want a creepy little minion to do their bidding or a big muscular dog to compensate for something

>ferret owners are insane, all of them have at least something weird about them

>large exotic bird owners have given up on life and have accepted being cucked by their huge cockatoo that craps everywhere, screams and tears up their house

>rat owners have no experience with wild rats and will defend them to the death thinking they're the same as fancy rats

>snake people probably have a name like seth or josh and have a furaffinity account and are totally into vore

>saltwater fish are the most autistic pets you can have and attract retired/really good job-having dads and aspies

>hamsters are kept by people who think rats are gross but still want a little weirdo that pees on everything and then chews it, except this time it bites you constantly
>>
File: lol.png (4MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
4MB, 2048x1152px
dog/cat owners are obsessed with what everyone else owns

proof: this thread and related

I think you want to see yourself as le cuteness crusaders but in reality you're just cringe warriors like the rest.
>>
>>2393852
>hates all pets and pet owners
>still posts on /an/

I bet you're a successful and happy person
>>
File: Mike-Tyson120.jpg (40KB, 625x450px) Image search: [Google]
Mike-Tyson120.jpg
40KB, 625x450px
>>2393852
Mike Tyson used to be into pigeon raising and raising
http://www.boxnews.com.ua/en/news/8466/2011-02-27/Mike-Tyson-talk-pigeon-racing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FmoyZCTfrg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD-yu1_XNSA
Which is not too surprising considering how factually astonishing, interesting, intelligent, and amazing they can be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtBloRAxFK8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRDIHcFRPFs

Hence why pigeons (esp a main character who is and is literally named pigeon) are incorporated as a big aspect of his show, 'Kike Tyson Mysteries'.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTcWKRa5AYE
In fact this show tend to tae a lot of actual weird things from his life, but repurpose them into either Easter-eggs or themes in episodes.
>>
>>2394422
>Mike Tyson used to be into pigeon raising and RACING
>>
>>2394422
Everything I learn about him is weirder and weirder.
>>
File: reunite15n-9-web.jpg (122KB, 970x727px) Image search: [Google]
reunite15n-9-web.jpg
122KB, 970x727px
>>2393697
>Dogs are the best pets
Pets should be judged based on how well they do as actual pets, not just an animal you like or how well it does for itself.

1.Dogs understand can actually understand sentences in a deeper way based on keywords in a similar way as humans do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoUVNMPBwmk

2. No other animal is better at identifying human emotions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peOUCKnrHZg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK7wp2xWOo4

3. Dogs are generally more loyal

4. Dogs tend to have a high empathy level
5. Dogs were a major component towards human survival and evolution. They were especially useful for hunting, guarding, working manual labor, and even alerting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDmzzREXI_g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCLQ_8I1paY

6. Dogs can people with disabilities by guiding or doing tasks for humans.
>>
>>2393697
Cats by their very nature are essentially selfish, sociopathic, narcissistic users whom generally n]do not actually care about others and are even quick to eat you if you die (literally testing if your sleep is really death, for this purpose.)
>>
>>2394588
nice youtube pop documentary arguments

the dogfags sure do always have an "objective" spell up their butt everytime someone dares to say they own an animal that isn't a dog

Could it be... narcissism? Nah, couldn't. Nobody could ever see themselves in the face of their fido. Dogfags aren't narcissists, they aren't meme crusaders, that's just silly!

>
>>
>>2394626
Damn senpai I don't know what animal you like to make that post cause you so much fanny frustration
>>
>>2394630
And you never will. Go blame the catfags, it's what you're good at after all.
>>
Why can't I escape retarded gang wars even on the fucking animal board?
>>
>>2394626
What an odd, unwarranted explosive reaction.
>>
>>2393697
Birds should be above fish.

They are smart, affectionate, and do tricks. Plus, you can train them to speak certain words.
>>
File: fotolia_834990.jpg (183KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
fotolia_834990.jpg
183KB, 2048x1365px
>>2394696
1. Birds are more high maintenance and require a lot of time dedicated to them before they can be trained to do anything.
2. They also bite a lot and can transmit very deadly diseases, like bird flue. This is especially bad, considering they poop a lot in their cages, or even randomly from wherever they are perched.
3.Finally, they never shut up. They are always noisy.

Fish on the other hand are quite, generally low maintenance, and simply do fine on their own (so long as you feed them, which is typically cost efficient). So long as you have a tank filter, they are very clean animals.
>>
File: chinununua.gif (288KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
chinununua.gif
288KB, 250x250px
>I've been in every category atleast once, most simultaneously
>>
>>2394626
go on, anon, tell us your pet of choice
>>
>>2393697

Close.

rabbits>dogs>frogs>lizzard>snek>fish>[none]>rats>hamsters>capybara>guine pig>ferret>cats>chihuahuas
>>
>>2394718

Forgot birds.

rabbits>dogs>frogs>lizzard>snek>fish>[none]>rats>hamsters>capybara>guine pig>ferret>birds>cats>chihuahuas
>>
>>2394710
Fish are home decor not pets
>>
What about invertebrates, other reptiles and amphibians?
>>
Tortoises are the best pet.
>lives a long time
>looks cute and wise
>will come up to you for food which gives it a greater illusion of caring about you
>too slow to run away from home.
>>
>>2393697
dogs > fish > real mini pigs > outdoor pet deer > ferrets > rabbits > guinea pigs > cats > nothing > birds > nothing again >>>>>>> snakes, lizards, frogs, tarantulas, etc.

>>2395003
I can see that, but depends on the setup and fish for me. I love my fish. I also have vampire shrimps that are very cool. I'm also getting shit together to set up a big tank for a bluegill and some minnows, make it look like a sandy, rocky creek. Shit gets bomb when you get into scaping.
>>
>>2393852
>>2394422
>>2394423
>>2394517
Did you know he has a cartoon now?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P58WJ-4PxcU
>>
>>2395021
Roaches are probably the best invert to have as a pet because you can actually pet them and they'll like it.
>>
File: bivy0sG.jpg (21KB, 639x621px) Image search: [Google]
bivy0sG.jpg
21KB, 639x621px
>>2395059
Eww
>>
>>2395066
Hey, fuck you.
>>
File: 1443478466787.gif (3MB, 300x236px) Image search: [Google]
1443478466787.gif
3MB, 300x236px
>rating cats over dogs
woman or faggot, you decide
>>
>>2393856
>calling other people cringy
>posting that image
Basically, if an antifa were to run them over with a cement truck, the gender neutral ketchup kin behind the wheel would only get a misdemeanor lmao
>>
>>2395059
evidence?
>>
>>2393697
Crabbos>all
>>
>>2395021
not relevant enough to make the list I guess. Even though hermit crabs are becoming relatively popular, at least where I live.
>>
>>2395031
Turtles and tortoises are bro tier, shame they generally need such large enclosures many people can't accommodate.
>>
Dogs, Inverts, Reptiles, Rats, Birds and Fish > Cats

It is the truth.
>>
>>2393700
I have a hedgehog, where am I in this schematic?
>>
File: 137593505136.jpg (14KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
137593505136.jpg
14KB, 240x320px
>>2393700
>I can't even
>>
>>2393852
>i hate animals the posts

Do you know where you are?
>>
>>2393700
My grandpa raised pigeons
>>
>>2393697
>cats above reptiles
t. retarded catfag
>>
>>2393700
>implying people with multiple dogs don't smell like greasy unwashed dog all the time too

Dogfags are so delusional.
>>
what about frogs?
>>
File: Cat_Spray.jpg (230KB, 511x426px) Image search: [Google]
Cat_Spray.jpg
230KB, 511x426px
>>2396099
>The irony is just painfully laughable
No, because dogs do not generally produce much of a smell to affect other things.

Cats literally SPRAY everything urine and many times mixed with a chemical that makes it evermore stronger and pungent; even known to do this to your items, just to mark their humans. They will even climb over areas, just to mark more areas over time. This is why cat owners tend to smell like cats or cat piss.

A dog can very easily be trained to pee outside or on a wee-wee pad. Cats piss on everything out of impulsive innate habit that is much harder to break.
>>
>>2393697
Cats are practically one of the very worst animals we ever tried to domesticate as pets. The amount of urine they spread as a goal and immense damage they cause to wildlife is absurd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpAFpwDVBJQ
>>
>>2393697
>Best from top to bottom
1.Dogs: Pretty much the best option; practically a must own>>2394588

2. Parrots and cockatoos: Much easier to train than other pets (excluding dogs), do well in confined spaces, not a lot of maintenance (just replace the newspaper on the bottom of the cage every few days). You can even get them to speak, sing, and stay perched on your shoulders.

3. Tortoises: very low maintenance and can even be left alone in your yard without any problems.

4. Bunnies, rabbits, Guinea-pigs, hamsters, chinchillas, hedgehogs: Low maintenance, but can runaway and cause havoc in your home if loose; like to chew on things to make nests.

5. Small lizards: typically need live bugs crickets, mealworms, etc

6. Turtles: need water, which need to be managed or else it will attract bugs or give off a funky smell

7. Fish: low maintenance and safe, but will die I tank is broken or not properly filtered

8. Ferrets: Playful, but is essentially an overly energetic flexible 'rat' that can bite and cause a just as much damage to your home if loose; albeit, it will eat any wild rodents you do not want living in your walls.

9. Pigeons, crows, ravens: not very conferrable in more confined spaces and tend to pluck their own feathers off in distress

10. Gerbils, mice, rats: Poop a lot, urinate on owners all the time, can attract outside wild rats, can contract and give diseases found on wild rats

11. Sakes (grass snakes or pythons) and large predatory lizards: They don't do much, but require typically live prey or dead rats that wee warmed. They can also severely injure you out of instinct with their razorlike teeth, which can be infectious or even venomous in regards to the large lizards.

12. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cats>>2394615>>2396881>>2397810 Stay away, unless you are a 60 year old single women.
>>
>>2397810
I love how every time anyone tries to convince cat owners that cats are invasive and cause issues, their immediate, instant reaction is to go defensive with "b-but, humans are much worse.", or go on to some rant about how birds are worthless because cats and dogs are the true companions of man and exempt from the rules.
>>
>>2397816
You stupid faggot, you don't know what the hell you are talking about. Snakes such as pythons don't have razorlike teeth, they're more like tiny needles, and most large lizards that you can own dont have venom. In fact the only lizard that has venom is the Gila Monster and I believe they are illegal to own. In all honesty a snake is cheaper than a dog or cat in the long run, they don't eat as often as dogs or cats and require minimal requirements to keep content. Snakes should be between birds and tortoises on that list.
>>
Dogs > Birds > Snakes and Lizards > cats > bugs
>>
>>2397816
>2. Parrots and cockatoos: Much easier to train than other pets (excluding dogs), do well in confined spaces, not a lot of maintenance (just replace the newspaper on the bottom of the cage every few days). You can even get them to speak, sing, and stay perched on your shoulders.
Not sure if I'm being trolled, or you are completely retarded.
>>
>>2397816
this is a retard list

>parrots and cockatoos
>and

>parrots easy to train

>leaving tortoises alone in your yard

>throwing hedgehogs and chinchillas in with guinea pigs and pretending rabbits aren't a lot more maintenance than most people are expecting
>small lizards below hedgehogs
>'7. Fish: low maintenance and safe, but will die I tank is broken or not properly filtered' should be posted in /aq/ to trigger every single poster
>pigeons not more trainable than any parrot or any other bird alive and listed as the same difficulty as keeping crows (LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL)
>Sakes

This is how the average dogfag perceives the world, I'm afraid. It's terminal. Euthanasia is the only option...
>>
Every person is different. Every individual has different pet preferences depending on personality, activity and other shit. I think dogs are great but do not have the ability to give one enough attention, it would shred my house apart and drive me insane. Cats just get into everywhere and I hate not knowing where my animals are. I love both these animals a lot and love playing with them at a friend's place. But I prefer to stick to reptiles and fish myself. They just fit me better. That's all there is too it. Just let people like the animals they like and think are best suited for themselves.
>>
>>2397816
>Dogs are overated, great animals but need a lot of time and commitment. Not everyone can do that, be it due to jobs, school or whatever.

>That's not true at all, birds need lots of space to be happy and you'll definitely need to get a hand tame one if you want to interact with it at all. They need a shit ton of mental stimulation and are loud as hell, specially goes for larger ones.

>Tend to do shit if owned by retards who feed them nothing but tomatoes and iceberg lettuce. They need very specific diets and almost all pet tortoises I've seen have a fucked up shell. They also need uvb lighting if taken indoors which you should during the winter months.

>Definitely not low maintenance except for hamsters and maybe hedgehogs. Need massive cages too be happy. If they cause havoc, congratulations it's probably because you've been a shit pet owner. Don't even bother with any plastic cages you get at pet stores, they're all shit.

>Crested geckos and a few other geckos in that family don't require more then their powdered fruit diet which most larger or exotic pet stores will carry. They also dont need added heating and are great first time reptiles. Others need super specific lighting and lots of room.

>Turtles need massive ass tanks, heavy filtration and uvb lighting. If you're actually taking care of the animal and doing regular water changes a funky smell shouldn't be an issue.

>Depends on the fish, all require filtration and a bit of research before even taking the animal home. Many need very specific water temperature and conditions. Don't fall for the fish bowl meme.

>Socialize and provide them a large enough cage. Give them ample play time and you're good.

>Applies to most birds.

>Rats are pretty good pets but need large cages and to be neutered. Mice and gerbils are pretty ok if you get em small.

>You ain't gonna find any large venomous lizards and most reptiles will give you warnings if they're going to strike.

>Cats are ok

Research
>>
>>2398969
>In fact the only lizard that has venom is the Gila Monster

retard
>>
>>2399095
To be fair to the guy there's only gila monsters, beaded lizards (basically the same) and some monitors.
>>
File: louis camera dec 13 049.jpg (3MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
louis camera dec 13 049.jpg
3MB, 4608x3456px
>>2393697
As someone with dogs, cats, snakes, lizards, tortoises, invertebrates and pond, tropical and marine fish I can say they're all basically as good as one another in different ways.

>dogs are good pals but hard work
>cats are easily maintained pals but kill stuff
>snakes are really easy and don't consume much space but feeding is a bit mucky
>lizards are the same as snakes but livefood is a different sort of mucky and UVB is expensive (crested geckos require neither however)
>tortoises are pretty alright but boring
>invertebrates are a bit fiddly but mostly easy to cater for and interesting (they're what I mostly enjoy keeping)
>pond fish are easy if you have a pond
>tropical fish are a bit of a pain but pretty nice
>saltwater aquariums are easier to maintain but only once you've poured a ton of money into them and they're rewarding only then

Never had birds or small mammals but I'd assume they both have reasons to own 'em, birds especially seem cool.
>>
>>2399523
What monitors? IIRC the Komodo Dragon isn't venomous, it just has a fuck-ton of bacteria in its saliva.
>>
File: 5606081996_5783f0fe0e_z.jpg (104KB, 640x428px) Image search: [Google]
5606081996_5783f0fe0e_z.jpg
104KB, 640x428px
>>2398969
Pet snakes still have rows of very sharp teeth, which can lead to infectious bites.
Image is of a baby... The bite is much worse from adults.
http://pet-snakes.com/treat-non-venomous-snake-bite
The also cause havoc to foreign ecosystem in warm climates, like Florida.

Large predatory lizards like monitor lizards show signs of primitive venom glands inside the midsection of their lower jaws. Depending on how bad the bite was, this could lead to poor healing and bad infections.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NECsA-AvnmA
Needless to say, they should not be left with children or the elderly.
>>
>>2399057
>Parrots and cockatoos tend to be treated as differently as ravens and crows; similar, but different. As in people call a non cockatoo breed a parrot, while vice versa are cockatoos (even the cockatiels). Regardless of how similar or different they really are, this just seems to be the case, based on my experience.

>Easier to train than other pets (excluding dogs). Lizards, fish, and rabbits for example are much harder to train.

>A tortoise can do fine in a closed yard, so long as you do not live in a cold climate.

>I was overly generalizing the section of small mammals, or critters.

>Small lizards are essentially like owning fish in a tank, minus the need for water to breath and constant filtering of their breathing water.

>That joke about the fish part is pretty funny.

>I never said pigeons were or were not more trainable.

>So a slight typo in the word snake (despite explicitly being about snakes) invalidates the points in that regard?

I'm more of a bird guy, but even I have to admit dogs are pretty much the best pet option for most humans.
>>
>>2399539
>Dogs are not really hard work at all. They are in fact some of the easiest to raise and maintain that are available
>Cats also stink up the place and their owners. They also like to bring back some of those dead native animals, which tend to be full of diseases (many in which can be very deadly).
>Snakes swallow food whole, which is not at all "mucky". Also the size required really depends on how large they are or can get, which can be massive depending on the breed.
>Lizards are only mucky when eating depending on what you feed them. There are certain foods for them that is slimy, but their typical food is not mucky.
>Tortoises are no more boring than snakes, lizards and owning reptiles and general. This is because reptiles primarily stay still and barley move around, except in the few times they eat.
>Invertebrates are simply too broad to generalize in such a way, as for it really just refers to any animal without a spine. It could be arthropods(insects, arachnids, crustaceans), molluscs (pulmonates, bivalves, cephalopods), or even worms.
>Pond fish are easy to if you have a pond, but tends to attract fishing birds and perhaps even raccoons and bobcats.
>Pond fish are okay
>Saltwater fish are just simply not worth having as pets.

I personally prefer sugargliders. They are cute conversation starters that can seat snuggly in my shirt pockets.
>>
>>2399940
>Image is of a baby... The bite is much worse from adults.
Image is of an adult, and the snakes in florida thing is stupidly over hyped.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.