[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me 5 minutes ago >live on the water >hear squeaking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: otter-asian-baby.jpg (135KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
otter-asian-baby.jpg
135KB, 1000x667px
>be me 5 minutes ago
>live on the water
>hear squeaking
>that's weird, birds dont make noise at night here
>must be injured
>go check
>it's otters
>mom otter just had a litter on my dock
I'm going to take one to raise as a pet. What do they need/eat? I was thinking just a kiddie pool, but can I feed it dog or cat food? Anyone have any more info about otters as pets, very little online. Thanks.
>>
File: 1495886455958.webm (687KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1495886455958.webm
687KB, 720x720px
>>2392859
>>
Leave the babies alone, you retard. Otters don't make very good pets even insofar as exotic pets are concerned. If you take one and decide you don't want it after all (and you will, since you're deciding this on a whim), you will have irreparably fucked up and made it unable to function in the wild.

Just get a damn ferret.
>>
>>2392859
i don't know anything about keeping otters as pets

why don't you just try to replicate their diet in the wild as best you can?
>>
when the otter that lives in my yard has babies me and my grandma usually just bash them with a shovel before they get too big. my grandma will throw down some dry dog food and the otters will come up from the swamp and when they start to eat the food we bash them with the shovel.
>>
>>2392880
lol
>>
>>2392874
I live in a metro area, not in the wild
>>2392876
IDK what they eat here, the only thing in this body of water are leopard sharks and stingrays, pretty sure they don't eat those, they presumably eat food scraps of some sort.

Are otters salt water/fresh water specific, do I need to keep the kiddie pool full of salt water? Trying to get a pic, appears to be 3 babies, the mom is carrying them around by the neck like a cat does, they are on a concrete retaining wall.
>>
>>2392886
>I live in a metro area, not in the wild
>wanting to raise a wild animal in a metropolitan area

Oh, so you're doubly retarded then.
>>
>>2392897
well your triply retarded for responding to bait
>>
>>2392880
I'm gonna bash you with a shovel
>>
>>2392859
Honestly seems like a bad idea OP
>>
>>2392904
I'm going to bash his grandma
>>
>>2392861
This.
How board do you have to be to troll /an/ of all places
>>
>>2392886
>the only thing that lives in the water is large carnivores
>what is a basic food chain
(You) are genuinely disabled and shouldn't have any pets much less an exotic one.
>>
Enjoy your giant stinky weasel.
>>
>>2393095
dont mind if i do
>>
>>2392861
Imagine if 4chan was made of birds.
>>
OP kill yourself.

The rest of you retards, sage this shit thread.
>>
>>2392859
Cool! Otters are cute.

Don't interfere. River otters are like big rats, great foragers and are well equipped to take care of themselves unless you fucked up their environment.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.